Nex 3 price

rhw

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Yesterday, I saw Nex 3 at Sonystyle Tampines 1.
The guy told me it's $999 with one lens and $1099 with two lenses.

Anybody know the price on other shops?
Thanks

List price of NEX-3 + 16mm F2.8 is RM1999 in Malaysia.

The RRP for 16mm kit is RM1999. After convert is about S$865 +/-
18-55 kit is RM2199 = S$951 +/-
Dual lens kit is RM 2699 = S$1168 +/-

Its more worth it to buy the 16mm pancake kit in malaysia. The 18-55 kit and dual lens kit are more expensive compare to SG price.

MS Color

18-55mm kit S$899 CASH
Dual lens S$999 CASH

See the difference?

Last edited:
But if rrp is rm1999, that means their street price will be even lower?

Check quite a few street shops in malaysia, all give me same ans, not arrive yet.

Even the Makota Parade (Malacca) sony style also got no news when will arrive. LOL.

Maybe u can try KL street shop.

MS Color

18-55mm kit S$899 CASH
Dual lens S$999 CASH

See the difference?

quick check, NEX-3 is out in SG?

thinking of getting for my dad's birthday present :)

Yes, out already. But white no stock.

If u want white, can buy in malaysia.

Yes, out already. But white no stock.

If u want white, can buy in malaysia.

Thanks a lot! waiting for more bros to share some more price info :D

Thanks a lot! waiting for more bros to share some more price info :D

U r welcome! Currently MS color is the cheapest among all others.:)

Song brothers
Single lens S$920 CASH
Dual lens S$1090

a bit confuse on which one to choose NEX5 or NEX3. The price difference is only $200 but worry on the AVCHD video format.

Just wandering what make you guys decide to get the NEX3 (other than the price difference?)

a bit confuse on which one to choose NEX5 or NEX3. The price difference is only $200 but worry on the AVCHD video format.

Just wandering what make you guys decide to get the NEX3 (other than the price difference?)

nex-3 doesnt support the shutter remote

I dun take much video on my camera. So I dun give a damn on the video quality.

Dun really mind plastic body too, use to owned a 400D, made of plastic too. 4 years of usuages, survive so many countries with me and yet still a condition 10 when I give up this camera.

Ask urself u mind plastic body?

Do u take video that often?

Hope this help.

Well that's typical Sony's style isn't it? Always let us choose between few variants with $100-200 difference with minimum difference, like A500 and A550...

For me, I got the NEX5 becos of better grip and slightly smaller body size. NEX5 also have a MPEG format for it's video, so if you worry abt AVCHD, then still have alternative.

is there a 16mm only NEX3 kit for sale? I asked at mscolor they say only have the zoom kit.

Thanks bros for the feedback.

Check with tampines 1 sonystyle, they are wiling to throw in a 8GB memory card (didn't ask whether is memory stick or SD) and a lowepro bag. Audio house at Liang Court is giving 8GB SD card, tripod, cleaning kit and a dry box (funny they say most customers didn't like the bag, so they throw in a dry box instead). Price as per RRP.

Just wandering, will the magnesium alloy case rust after few years?

Think still prefer the grip on the NEX5. The NEX3 have to hold it like a compact PnS. Also, staff at SonyStyle Tampines told me the screen of NEX5 is smaller 2.7" vs NEX5 3". I didn't get find any reference on this from the official brochure.

Thanks bros for the feedback.

Check with tampines 1 sonystyle, they are wiling to throw in a 8GB memory card (didn't ask whether is memory stick or SD) and a lowepro bag. Audio house at Liang Court is giving 8GB SD card, tripod, cleaning kit and a dry box (funny they say most customers didn't like the bag, so they throw in a dry box instead). Price as per RRP.

Just wandering, will the magnesium alloy case rust after few years?

Think still prefer the grip on the NEX5. The NEX3 have to hold it like a compact PnS. Also, staff at SonyStyle Tampines told me the screen of NEX5 is smaller 2.7" vs NEX5 3". I didn't get find any reference on this from the official brochure.

Most mid to high end DSLRs are made of magnesium alloy and never heard of rust problem, so I guess should be fine.

NEX3 and NEX5 have identical screen size and resolution.

Only difference is video format and body size/material/grip. That's it.

nex5 can use remote

I got the Nex5 because the nex3 was not out on the first day when I bought it.
If you ask me, the Nex3 offers best bang for buck. Better still if you buy it in HK!
The performance and IQ is exactly the same as the Nex5. To me the AVCHD is not a deal breaker. 720p is good enough for most use and use lesser disk space too.
And the body does not feel any bigger. As for the grip, it does visually look bad but when I held nightwolf's Nex3 it feels very comfortable. You need to hold it for yourself to see if you are ok with the grip. I have no problems with it.
So my recommendation is to get the Nex3 if you want to get the nex camera. :) and save money!