Newbie Guide to Filters

Stick it please! ;)

Bumps for this helpful thread.. wonder why isn't it made a sticky yet :think:

Agreed! A guide that should be 'stickied'!
Bro Daredevil, stumble on this Thread!!... Thanks for consolidating the Information & Adding your nice "personal" touch.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agreed that it should be STICKIED.. another vote

Bro,

Very nice work man..... This have to be made a Sticky. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great load of information. :)

This should be a sticky. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad this info is useful to some of you...

This is still a work in progress... still have tons to cover, like ND... and a section on how to use GND and the different brands or kits available.

hey very useful thanks, I am waiting for the brands n kits available as i am thinking to buy GND :D

added write up for Neutral Density ND filters. GND coming up next.

added write up for Neutral Density ND filters. GND coming up next.

Excellent!:thumbsup:

Heng our phones nowadays have calculators, otherwise need to have one more device in the bag for calculating the shutter speed:bsmilie:

Matt

Shen siung said:
Really a great and useful thread. Excellent work!
A have a very old thread about my little experience. Of course not comparable to yours, but just to share.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530206

Thanks for your input. I will use your thread as well for reference as I continue to build this one.

for hoya filters, Super HMC is better than HMC right? how about Ultra?

for hoya filters, Super HMC is better than HMC right? how about Ultra?

SMC is better than HMC. And Ultra is slightly more expensive than SMC because it comes with thin ring.

But Pro1D pretty much replaced both SMC and Ultra.

thanks for clarifying.

besides the thin ring, its pretty much the same? any idea if Ultra and SHMC has the same number of coatings?

thanks for clarifying.

besides the thin ring, its pretty much the same? any idea if Ultra and SHMC has the same number of coatings?

I am not sure. You might want to write in to Hoya for that question.

Great info!! Thanks!!

for hoya circular polarising filters, there are 2 variations, one with UV coating, the other without. interested to know whats your stand on this.