New to Pentax

I started one year back ...getting my first DSLR Camera K-X ever since then i never look back. The Pentaxian here are super friendly and helpful. You will learn alot from everyone here.And nevertheless we got our monthly outing! The Bad side i can only think of right now is the LBA for lenses here is poisonous ;p

From the Price Guide, i saw that SLRR is selling the K-r kit with 18-55mm + 50-200mm lens for $1070, but the guide only mentioned SLRR...anyone knows of another place that sells the K-r at competitive prices?

Okay, what i meant is...SLRR quoted $1070 with body plus the 2 lens only.
what i wanted to find out is if anyone know of any other place that sells the K-r complete with memory cards or any accessories at attractive prices. is it a taboo to ask such questions in this thread? ;)

forgive me but what is LBA??

From the Price Guide, i saw that SLRR is selling the K-r kit with 18-55mm + 50-200mm lens for $1070, but the guide only mentioned SLRR...anyone knows of another place that sells the K-r at competitive prices?

what i wanted to find out is if anyone know of any other place that sells the K-r complete with memory cards or any accessories at attractive prices. is it a taboo to ask such questions in this thread? ;)

Best way is give them a call and get them to work out a package for you. Of cos u got to tell them what will you be needing.

The only shop i can think of giving very good price is SLRR, not to mention their customer service. Call them and look for Ray.

if u got a cheaper place to buy from, its taboo NOT to share the good new here man! :bsmilie:

pentax normally the shops dun bundle.

for me, i'll rather cut to the chase and get just the basic package cos i have absolutely no use for the ugly free bags and flimsy tripods that they usually bundle together with other brands.

and memory cards are dirt cheap these days... got bundle, no bundle also won't save muh ;)

sorry, i mean edutilos

...Pentax is rather limited...

It is true.... :embrass:

FA 31mm F1.8 Limited
FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
FA 77mm F1.8 Limited

Some of the best and most desired lenses ever made.... ;p

You have done some post editing to the photos right?? some nice HDRs.

Thanks. I used to do a lot of HDR, not much HDR these days after the vast improvement in DR from the K100D times. :)

Of course I do post editing. A DSLR's output is tailored for just that, unlike the usual P&S output. If given a piece of uncooked meat, you should cook it. :)

Last edited:
SLR Revolution offers great prices for camera + kit.

Suggest you do your homework on accessories though, apparently this is not the case for accessories.

Orient Photo, #6 Sim Lim Square is another firm favourite of many Pentaxians here.

if u got a cheaper place to buy from, its taboo NOT to share the good new here man! :bsmilie:

pentax normally the shops dun bundle.

for me, i'll rather cut to the chase and get just the basic package cos i have absolutely no use for the ugly free bags and flimsy tripods that they usually bundle together with other brands.

and memory cards are dirt cheap these days... got bundle, no bundle also won't save muh ;)

Nice macros...... i had a macro lens for my old prosumer, a Panasonic FZ50..think the diameter is 49mm.. a Raynox. wanted to experiment but end up a white elephant in the dry cabinet. :(

Nice macros...... i had a macro lens for my old prosumer, a Panasonic FZ50..think the diameter is 49mm.. a Raynox. wanted to experiment but end up a white elephant in the dry cabinet. :(

for raynox, the adaptor can fit lenses with diameter of up to 67mm :) so u can still use it with your dslr.

the most compelling reason for me to stay with the pentax system is that i get to experiment with old MF macro lenses and still benefit from in-body stabilisation. no need to buy stabilised lenses that costs an arm and a foot...

Ah so, it seems u on the same track with me. I used FZ18 for few years till I change to Pentax Kx, now using K5.

Raynox + Panny Camera is a great combi to me. I used that on my FZ18. Can check my old flickr pic of macros using these two combi.

Now I'm using K5+Samsung 100mm Macro 1:1 sometimes step up ring(49-52)+Raynox DCR 150(I no more own raynox). Which is a great combi. This part i can experiment as much I want :lovegrin:

I started one year back ...getting my first DSLR Camera K-X ever since then i never look back. The Pentaxian here are super friendly and helpful. You will learn alot from everyone here.And nevertheless we got our monthly outing! The Bad side i can only think of right now is the LBA for lenses here is poisonous ;p

Mr Kent, u have been infected the worst LBA ever! Facebook is the PROOF!! :bsmilie:

If you know other shop that sell cheaper or more expensive , do let me know :)

So i can update the price list.

So far I got most price from SLRR cos that's the shop i visit the most .... 2nd OP ...

Mr Kent, u have been infected the worst LBA ever! Facebook is the PROOF!! :bsmilie:

yeah ... I think I start almost same time as Kent ..... but his collection really :think:....

His LBA is really serious

Now I'm using K5+Samsung 100mm Macro 1:1 sometimes step up ring(49-52)+Raynox DCR 150(I no more own raynox).

Hi Salleh,

would you mind sharing which Samsung 100mm Macro lens that you're using, sounds quite unique and I haven't come across. Thinking of buying a Macro lens next as I've mentioned to Donald.

Ahh so much to explore.. and buy.. & learn...:confused:

Hi Salleh,

would you mind sharing which Samsung 100mm Macro lens that you're using, sounds quite unique and I haven't come across. Thinking of buying a Macro lens next as I've mentioned to Donald.

Ahh so much to explore.. and buy.. & learn...:confused:

i can answer for Salleh :) i used to have that lens too.

its basically the re-badged version of the DFA100mm. optically identical, same barrel design, just that the pentax one is black while the samsung one has blue trimmings ;)

not easy to find and not necessarily cheaper when found.