New pentax user / K-x high ISO

i use neat image, used noise ninja before but couldn't get used to it..

Hi,
Normally do you reduce the noise first, then do the sharpening and others adjustments? Or you have done some adjustments, then reduce noise and sharpen it?

Sorry about it, i still learning about it. Not too sure which would be a more effective way to go. :dunno:

You can look up digital workflow by a web search.

AFAIK its levels/colors/curves, reduce the noise, then do the sharpening

IMO, if one really wants to compare IQ at high ISO between K-x and K-7, I'll say this... forget it la. Haha..
Whatever you got in your hands (be it K-x or K-7) is something that will give you pleasant memories of precious moments. That is the truth. :) I remember the days when I was still using film cameras, had so much fun with it. Sometimes I got blurr subjects but still the moments were captured and it was worth keeping. Now comes the digital age and people are too concern but specs, specs and more specs (i'm guilty too). Let's just go back to the old mindset, shall we?
Have a great weekend. :)

I apologies for posting such a thread that end up comparing K-x and K-7.
Wasn't my intention. :(

Nothing to apologise.
There are many differences between the two cameras, but know that high ISO is not always the key benchmark that people should be obsessed about. To me another criteria I rate highly is White Balance.
There is definitely a difference between the K-7 and K-x in assessing WB particularly in indoor and incandescent lighting. The K-7 does a lot better here.

IMO, if one really wants to compare IQ at high ISO between K-x and K-7, I'll say this... forget it la. Haha..
Whatever you got in your hands (be it K-x or K-7) is something that will give you pleasant memories of precious moments. That is the truth. :) I remember the days when I was still using film cameras, had so much fun with it. Sometimes I got blurr subjects but still the moments were captured and it was worth keeping. Now comes the digital age and people are too concern but specs, specs and more specs (i'm guilty too). Let's just go back to the old mindset, shall we?
Have a great weekend. :)

Very true. Sometimes I wonder how many who recently got a Kx just for the sake of high ISO NR will jump ship for the next lower high ISO NR camera, since this is such an 'important' feature for making 'The Secret Life of Mammals II" :D

...There are many differences between the two cameras, but know that high ISO is not always the key benchmark that people should be obsessed about. To me another criteria I rate highly is White Balance.
There is definitely a difference between the K-7 and K-x in assessing WB particularly in indoor and incandescent lighting. The K-7 does a lot better here.

Yes, I agree that the K7 provides better WB than the K-x. But I, personally, do not rate WB as a key benchmark because it takes me just a mouse-click to correct WB (and sometimes just a few more seconds to fine-tune it) in my extremely minimal and rapid PP workflow.

I'd rate the faster AF abilities of a camera as one of the more important key benchmarks. Having had good experience with both Canon and Nikon systems, I personally feel that the Safox VIII+ system is still perceptibly a slower auto-focus system when compared to the recent releases from Canon and Nikon.

I hope that Pentax focuses (pardon the pun!) on improving this system too in the near future.

Last edited: