New Fare by Distance- Cheaper?

knn ask that old man go take bus...
They will prepare special clean bus for him with presentable driver who speaks fluent english and mandarin, and stop all traffic for the bus to pass.

i realise im paying about 10 cents more...amazing

Someday, someone will turn into 权怡凤 and rip off all the Ez-Link card scanners after locking herself in the bus. :bsmilie:

Then they will tell you. "public" transport is a private entity so they have to answer to shareholders. Andl how singapore fares is cheaper then other developer countries, etc etc.

And we can all go suck thumb again.:eek::eek::eek:

& the private entity is owned by................................................................

SO far only 1 person on this thread has a decrease.. 1 cents. haa haa

I have 2 cents increase per trip to work.

They may have removed the transfer penalty, but they have increased the "boarding penalty" (2 cents increase from 69 cents 71 cents for buses). You travel for less than 3.2Km, but you pay for 3.2Km route. :confused:

For my case, I use to travel lesser than 3.2Km on bus, now have to pay additional 2 cents per trip. :angry:

On week days travel single trip by train, I have to pay additional 3 cents. Previously $1.30, now $1.33 per trip. :angry:

was 0.90, now 0.91 from boonlay mrt to jurong east mrt.. not bad ...

was 0.90, now 0.91 from boonlay mrt to jurong east mrt.. not bad ...

wa 1 cent increase also can ...

i am speechless ...

no horse run ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 sibeh power man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by now, i find it hard to believe if anyone is spared from this fund-raising exercise!!!

One of my colleague have found that the chart that indicated distance for his bus trip is not correct. Although he did not have a GPS with him, but he reference it from the taxi receipt that shows the distance traveled. The route that he took in the taxi is the same as the bus route that he normally takes to get to work. So, when he compared it with the bus chart, the travel distance on the chart is in excess of 2km. He has raised this issue with the relevant bus company.

For those who are traveling by bus for long distances, I urge you to check your actually distance traveled against the chart provided by the bus companies. The chart is available at bus stops. If you have a GPS that is able to measure distance traveled, try measuring and comparing against the chart from the respective bus company. If it is not accurate, raise your concern with the bus company. Don’t suffer in silence.

Don’t suffer in silence.

good one... but most of us (if not all) can't do much but suffer in silence. just think about it... to speak your mind at the Speaker's Corner... you need to apply for a permit.

So 1 cent per 2 trips = 2 cents a day and 5 work days = 10 cents a week = 40 cents a month = $4.80 a year!
WOW MUCH SAVINGS! (I can get more interest from bank per year though...)

However if i were to travel to town during weekends like say... dhoby gaut... I would need to fork out about 3 cents more per trip which will be 12 cents for travelling 2 days...
so end up I still pay an 'increase' of 2 cents per week. So I guess its really a 'hidden' bus fare increase packaged to make u believe u actually saved money... I saved 10 cents on weekdays but I spent 12 cents more on weekends.

I'm sure there would be some smart ass that will come out the idea of distance/time based travelling... then power le... (imagine the longer distance and longer time u take to reach the destination, u pay more)

I'll be walking to work everyday then...

Fare by Distance..

Why don't they calculate fares based on rectilinear distance between the originating stop & the destination stop instead of using distance traveled......

Then they can motivated to plan the most efficient route..

better rite..

Fare by Distance..

Why don't they calculate fares based on rectilinear distance between the originating stop & the destination stop instead of using distance traveled......

Then they can motivated to plan the most efficient route..

better rite..

Next time they will include how many up and down slope......:bheart:

The $ we receive on 1st July is not for free. Every year the same, give us $, come out with new ideas to get them back. If they say they will increase fare, ppl sure kpkb. So, they smart this time, introduce distance fare.

They forgetten that bus never travel straight to your desination in the first place. Secondly, who will bother to change transport when 1 trip will do? Thirdly, they thought we never monitor our fare previously but they are wrong. I think they do a lot of survey n come out this idea. Esp for single trip, more ppl are using it.

We post here also useless, cause whatever they did, they just dont bother. Think is time to bring out the bicycle for short distance trip. :sticktong

My fare from my home to Jurong Point is 81 cents.

From Jurong point to my home is 71 cents.

The bus stop is just about 100 metres apart and it is the same route to and fro.

Last time, my fare was 69 cents to and fro.

Therefore, there is an increase of 14 cents.

The minister tells us to look at the whole week and the long term.

I can safely say that the long term is for the bus fare to go even higher.

Last edited:
y bother to come out with so many excuses for increasing fare... want to increase just increase and justify for it la... go 1 big round just make themselves look stupid...

My fare from my home to Jurong Point is 81 cents.

From Jurong point to my home is 71 cents.

The bus stop is just about 100 metres apart and it is the same route to and fro.

Last time, my fare was 69 cents to and fro.

Therefore, there is an increase of 14 cents.

The minister tells us to look at the whole week and the long term.

I can safely say that the long term is for the bus fare to go even higher.

They keep telling us to look long term but each and every of our trip increase i dun understand how can we save or how the fares can be lower?:think: