New Born Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
varf said:
i took photos during my son's delivery at Gleneagles recently. there is a sign on the door to the delivery ward that explicitly says "no video", but the gynae may not mind so do check with him/her first.

54772123_7de5d6e53e.jpg

you will probably be asked to support your wife when she pushes, and things move very fast once the baby's head comes out. so keep your camera primed and slung on your shoulder for quick access.

tripod is probably a bad idea as you'll need to reposition yourself often while the midwife/nurses/gynae go about their work.

if you have a shot in mind, please discuss with your gynae beforehand. this prevents confusion during the delivery and the staff will want to move fast to minimize complications.

congratulations and good luck!

Varf, thanks for sharing... I like the shot. I think I just want to get 1 great shot like that for the memory will do.

Sion said:
And CS would be a less interesting place. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

True true.... CS mirrors the real world.... got good folks and arse holes.... def more interesting but sometimes make u real mad.... sigh....

precious.jas said:
wah liew... my legs turned jelly liao.. hahaha

congrats to u carey! time flies huh? that time heard she pregnant, now giving birth aldy... ;)

Yeah Jas.. time flies except this 2 weeks seems to have stood still... I am all packed just waitin to fly back... as soon as I receive the call.

catchlights said:
btw, have you done the maternity portrait for you wife?

use tripod shoot with available light for best mood.

i did a studio shoot last month using a 20D. Havent had a chance to review the results yet.;p

gundugundu said:
Hey :)

Your baby arrived? Congrats man!

Hi Gundu

Yes. My baby arrived and she is lovely.

Hi to the others who responded to this thread,

I took some great photos (great in the sense that they document this happy occasion for me). However, the unimaginable happened. All these photos were transfered to my NB and the HD crashed. The OS cannot be detected and I am contacting the manufacturer. Not only the baby pics may be lost but all the pics i have taken over the last few years......:cry:

Btw, in Gleneagles, the delivery room is large enough to have a video on a tripod and lots of room to swing an SLR around :)

congrats!!!

a very infomative thread for me as well.. my first baby birth coming this april/may ..

digitalbuff HD's crashes!.. oh my goodness that's terrible.. hope for the better..

Congrats digitalbluff!

Reminds me of my daughter who was delivered march this year at Gleneagles as well ...

It seems like such a long time ago ... Now she's all grown up at 9 mths :bsmilie:

Cherish whatever time u have with her. Enjoy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.