[netjackalsg] 2009 APAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

2009-05-01

I know this shot is out of focus .. was too eager to try something I saw somewhere else. This shot is one exposure .. I don't have photoshop to do layering etc. I just used an LED flashlight to light myself and then move a couple of steps down the line to light myself again. 30 second exposure to give me time to run up and down. In fact if you look closely at the shot you can see the plastic bag I dropped while running up and down.
This was not the best shot I took for the day but I picked this shot for the APAD just because it is different from everything else I upload.

# Exposure: 30 +0.58 [+]
# Aperture: f/10.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 33 mm [+]
# ISO Speed: 100 [+]
# Exposure Bias: 0 EV [+]
# Flash: Off [+]
# Lens: 17-70mm [+]
:bsmilie: interesting... actually the out of focus made it more convincing...

2009-05-01

I know this shot is out of focus .. was too eager to try something I saw somewhere else. This shot is one exposure .. I don't have photoshop to do layering etc. I just used an LED flashlight to light myself and then move a couple of steps down the line to light myself again. 30 second exposure to give me time to run up and down. In fact if you look closely at the shot you can see the plastic bag I dropped while running up and down.
This was not the best shot I took for the day but I picked this shot for the APAD just because it is different from everything else I upload.

Bro, did u ON your IS for this shot?...;p;p;p

2009-05-01

Wah...look like jiang si (jumping corpse) man!!! Good tryout...mmm...i think it's definitely OOF and might look better if you are spread out over a wider distance all the way to the end...my 2 cents

Wah...look like jiang si (jumping corpse) man!!! Good tryout...mmm...i think it's definitely OOF and might look better if you are spread out over a wider distance all the way to the end...my 2 cents

part of the problem is that i was too anxious (ask mahathir and haslan) after i shone the light at me i unconciously turn towards the camera which meant there was movement there. i also wasnt sure where to dump the focus point.

we were also moving off so i kan cheong and did it really quickly. i should have switched on the LED longer to make it less ghostly and more opaque. it was also dark enough that i did not notice the trees were OOF.

oh well, learn something everyday loh. thats why must try all kinds of things. you should see haslan and mahathir laughing at me running up and down between the trees.

part of the problem is that i was too anxious (ask mahathir and haslan) after i shone the light at me i unconciously turn towards the camera which meant there was movement there. i also wasnt sure where to dump the focus point.

we were also moving off so i kan cheong and did it really quickly. i should have switched on the LED longer to make it less ghostly and more opaque. it was also dark enough that i did not notice the trees were OOF.

oh well, learn something everyday loh. thats why must try all kinds of things. you should see haslan and mahathir laughing at me running up and down between the trees.

LOL ya i can imagine:bsmilie: It's always trial and error lah...so everytime we make mistakes, we get better next time:thumbsup:

2009-05-02

Took this shot at the open space in Sengkang that has become very popular in the weekends for flying kites. You can see a couple of 'specks' in the sky which are the kites. Since this is a wide open space that is flanked by HDB flats .. you can always take nice shots of the open sky against the flats. I like the clusters of clouds forming an interesting pattern. Used a CPL which pretty much follows me everywhere now so I can grab cloud shots.

# Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80) [+]
# Focal Length: 17 mm [+]

Last edited:

2009-05-02

Took this shot at the open space in Sengkang that has become very popular in the weekends for flying kites. You can see a couple of 'specks' in the sky which are the kites. Since this is a wide open space that is flanked by HDB flats .. you can always take nice shots of the open sky against the flats. I like the clusters of clouds forming an interesting pattern. Used a CPL which pretty much follows me everywhere now so I can grab cloud shots.

# Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80) [+]

Wa Kelvin...you really gila clouds now hor! Great compo and nice blue sky with the CPL. Maybe can do better framing on the flats below cos it's like cut off on one end. :thumbsup:

Wa Kelvin...you really gila clouds now hor! Great compo and nice blue sky with the CPL. Maybe can do better framing on the flats below cos it's like cut off on one end. :thumbsup:

You are right about cutting off the HDB leh .. if fedo was here he would be pimping his 10-22 cos the wider angle would have allowed me to keep more of the flats in view.

Actually come to think of it .. that block is like one super long block .. wouldnt have been able to get the whole block in view without looking like I chopped the block off. Ah well .. no fish prawn also good.

Clouds are like easy target .. since getting the polarizer I have been noticing that cloud formations are pretty interesting. Even when I am driving I sometimes notice a cloud formation through the tinted part of the windscreen (kinda ND filter) and I wish I could whip out the camera for a shot.

2009-05-10

Marina Barrage. Really gloomy clouds gathering at Marina Barrage. Thos one almost looks like bellowing smoke from a fire.

# Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200) [+]
# Aperture: f/4.0 [+]
# ISO Speed: 200 [+]

Last edited:

2009-05-10

Marina Barrage. Really gloomy clouds gathering at Marina Barrage. Thos one almost looks like bellowing smoke from a fire.

# Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200) [+]
# Aperture: f/4.0 [+]
# ISO Speed: 200 [+]

Nice formation indeed! gotta watch out for horizon levels whenever you are doing landscaping (tilting). Did you use ur CPL? I think the pic needs a little colors...so i see you are still chasing the clouds hahaha

Nice formation indeed! gotta watch out for horizon levels whenever you are doing landscaping (tilting). Did you use ur CPL? I think the pic needs a little colors...so i see you are still chasing the clouds hahaha

CPL used yes ... agree with the color comment .. but it was really overcast .. very hard to pump out colors from what was in the foreground. although i am going to try composition with things in the foreground to give more depth to the clouds/background.

2009-05-19

Taken at the taxi stand near my workplace.
It was one of the earlier evenings that I could head home in the past weeks. I just took out my camera to snag a couple of shots.

# Exposure: 0.4 0.00 [+]
# Aperture: f/4.5 [+]
# Focal Length: 30 mm [+]
# ISO Speed: 400 [+]

2009-05-24

The pics were taken when I was out house-hunting. I was supposed to walk from the train station to a potential place just to see if it is walkable for my mother-in-law. I took the opportunity to grab some pics along the way. These flowers were plants that overgrown the fences.

# Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) [+]
# Aperture: f/4.5 [+]
# Focal Length: 57 mm [+]

2009-05-28

Elevators at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station.

# Exposure: 0.6 0.00 [+]
# Aperture: f/8.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 53 mm [+]

2009-05-28

Elevators at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station.

# Exposure: 0.6 0.00 [+]
# Aperture: f/8.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 53 mm [+]

Great idea and it wud be better if you could zoom in and cover the whole pic with the escalators or slightly faster shutter so that can just motion blurr the crowd instead of total blurr...but then of course in that situation you do not have much time to think i guess.....my 2 cents. Good effort!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

2009-05-29

Floodlights!
I took this shot at the swimming complex whilst waiting for my son to finish his swimming lessons. A lot of flaring and I thought the light rays projected from the floodlights was interesting to catch.

# Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60) [+]
# Aperture: f/3.5 [+]
# Focal Length: 28 mm [+]
# Exposure Bias: -1 EV [+]
# Flash: Off, Did not fire [+]

2009-05-30

Another chance shot whilst I was waiting for a property agent to view a property. She was late and I took the chance to grab a coupel of snapshots. One thing about the shot is that I was in an awkward position due to the fence and the drain that I must have had camera shake as the flower is a little OOF.
# Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600) [+]
# Aperture: f/3.5 [+]
# Exposure Bias: -1 EV [+]
# Flash: Off, Did not fire [+]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.