# Aperture: f/8.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 90 mm [+]
# ISO Speed: 200 [+]
# Exposure Bias: 0 EV [+]
# Flash: Off [+]
# Lens: 90mm [+]
# Exposure Program: Aperture-priority AE

Last edited:
welcome to apad, remember to include the date of post...:)

2009-04-21

Caught the thunderstorm around my place. I have kids at home and the only window that looked into the thunderstorm had a grill on it. I could not open it for safety so i only had a small window (literally) to take the shot.
Used a wireless shutter release. Set the shutter for 1 second to try to catch it 'growing'. Could not use the black card method as I could not keep staying at the window. So many things not perfect but I really like this particular one that I caught.
Definitely welcome any suggestions/tips from the veterans on the proper way to catch lightning.

# Exposure: 1 +1.83 [+]
# Focal Length: 70 mm [+]
# ISO Speed: 400 [+]
# Lens: 17-70mm [+]

Last edited:

2009-04-22
This shot was grabbed at the bus stop near Peninsular Plaza. We were waiting for the shuttle bus. The one on the left is adjusted based on what I normally do high clarity medium vibrancy come contrast. The one on the right, I am just trying changing it up a little .. so very low contrast, desaturated for the dreamy look. Comments are welcomed.

# Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80) [+]
# Focal Length: 23 mm [+]
# ISO Speed: 100 [+]
# Exposure Bias: -1 EV [+]

2009-04-23

Just a random shot whilst waiting for the bus. Decided to try something new and change it to black and white.

# Exposure: 0.3 +0.08 [+]
# Aperture: f/5.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 21 mm [+]
# Exposure Bias: -1 EV [+]
# Flash: Off, Did not fire [+]

2009-04-24

Taken whilst at lunch. You might notice a very slight but additional white light coming from the left side. That is my colleague volunteering his iPhone for additional 'fill'.

# Exposure: 0.125 sec (1/8) [+]
# Aperture: f/4.5 [+]
# ISO Speed: 1600 [+]

2009-04-25

Took this shot from my bedroom window. Starting to like shooting clouds especially since I had the circular polarizer which really helps to bring out the contrast of the clouds. TianYa CPL used for this shot. Minor post processing as usual. Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Clarity.

# Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200) [+]
# Aperture: f/11.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 25 mm [+]

stumbled in and had a "shock"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2009-04-21

Caught the thunderstorm around my place. I have kids at home and the only window that looked into the thunderstorm had a grill on it. I could not open it for safety so i only had a small window (literally) to take the shot.
Used a wireless shutter release. Set the shutter for 1 second to try to catch it 'growing'. Could not use the black card method as I could not keep staying at the window. So many things not perfect but I really like this particular one that I caught.
Definitely welcome any suggestions/tips from the veterans on the proper way to catch lightning.

2009-04-26

Family outing at the Macritchie Reservoir. I like the light coming through the clouds.
Usual post-processing done by adjusting Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Clarity and cropping.

# Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500) [+]
# Focal Length: 17 mm [+]

2009-04-27

Took this shot blind. Was moving since I did not want to hold up the 'traffic' behind me. Thought it ended up as an interesting shot with the motion blur.

# Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20) [+]
# Focal Length: 19 mm [+]
# Exposure Bias: +2/3 EV [+]

2009-04-27

Took this shot blind. Was moving since I did not want to hold up the 'traffic' behind me. Thought it ended up as an interesting shot with the motion blur.

# Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20) [+]
# Focal Length: 19 mm [+]
# Exposure Bias: +2/3 EV [+]

Mmmm...like not blurr enough leh...front ppl still quite focused. I rmbr one critic told me in one of mu previous posting....for motion shot either you freeze the fella tack sharp or do a complete blurr until like can;t figure out things hahaha.....

2009-04-21

amazing!! :thumbsup:

Mmmm...like not blurr enough leh...front ppl still quite focused. I rmbr one critic told me in one of mu previous posting....for motion shot either you freeze the fella tack sharp or do a complete blurr until like can;t figure out things hahaha.....

actually hoh .. this shot is anyhow whack one ;p. i literally stuck my camera out to the side and just press the shutter release. yeah i agree not blur enough .. but i thought it was interesting that a random shot was actually pretty upright and not totally OOF :D

I was also desperate to pick a PAD hahahaha.

actually hoh .. this shot is anyhow whack one ;p. i literally stuck my camera out to the side and just press the shutter release. yeah i agree not blur enough .. but i thought it was interesting that a random shot was actually pretty upright and not totally OOF :D

I was also desperate to pick a PAD hahahaha.

Yup...could figure the moment...perhaps a slightly longer exposure might do the trick...my 2 cents. Keep it up bro....:thumbsup:

2009-05-01

I know this shot is out of focus .. was too eager to try something I saw somewhere else. This shot is one exposure .. I don't have photoshop to do layering etc. I just used an LED flashlight to light myself and then move a couple of steps down the line to light myself again. 30 second exposure to give me time to run up and down. In fact if you look closely at the shot you can see the plastic bag I dropped while running up and down.
This was not the best shot I took for the day but I picked this shot for the APAD just because it is different from everything else I upload.

# Exposure: 30 +0.58 [+]
# Aperture: f/10.0 [+]
# Focal Length: 33 mm [+]

Status
Not open for further replies.