Neighbours Wireless Stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
if they place the unit just behind your wall, u think leh? den they buy the omni direction type, and point at your unit, thinking to prevent any radiation to them (ya some ppl are that *fill in the blank*)

anyway, my block here also got free internet connection, and i notice alot of ppl connect to it, cos i went into their router, den check, wah the list damn long...
omni direction still can point direction meh?

Wai said:
i tot all linksys got 2? but even the WRT54G alone, there are already 4 or 5 revision.

btw, i got this huge 5dbi USB wireless dongle in car (just plug to your USB port and use), guess why ;p

gw-us54pro.gif
gw-us54pro_show.gif
you need some interior lighting?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tonight i go see your car again... btw your car interior damn spacious wor...
dun play play his not car.. but can out run than many civics at red light sprints.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
if they place the unit just behind your wall, u think leh? den they buy the omni direction type, and point at your unit, thinking to prevent any radiation to them (ya some ppl are that *fill in the blank*)

anyway, my block here also got free internet connection, and i notice alot of ppl connect to it, cos i went into their router, den check, wah the list damn long...
wah.... you hacker? :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

firestone said:
Hello,
Why ar?..
I have my linksys wireless router and adapter like 3m away from each other and my neighbours wireless signal, not enrypted btw..:), is just as strong,at times stronger than mine!

How can? :think:
Not one but 2 neighbours!...
Hmm.. I recall reading somewhere that if the antennas are too near, they may cause problems.. there's a software that has readings from "Too near" to "Too weak" too

willyfoo said:
Hmm.. I recall reading somewhere that if the antennas are too near, they may cause problems.. there's a software that has readings from "Too near" to "Too weak" too
it is somewhat true.. when the transmitter antennas are too near, your receiver might be getting a signal that is 'too loud' and thus a lousier signal quality. I'm not sure if wireless routers suffer from such signal degradtion. After all we only want to recover the digital bits from the analog carrier.

Such a phenomenon is more common for audio/video signals.

OT: you still want the jan issue of style? emailed you but no response.

+evenstar said:
how do you mod the antenna? i'm thinking of changing my antenna if it's easy to do so (without my parent's knowledge...;p;p)

Can just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one (but must make sure you get the right type, compatibility is different across brands). My OEM 5 dBi antenna doesn't look that much different from the built in one. Just abit thicker and longer only. If ur parent's aren't that observant then shouldn't be a problem. :bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
it is somewhat true.. when the transmitter antennas are too near, your receiver might be getting a signal that is 'too loud' and thus a lousier signal quality. I'm not sure if wireless routers suffer from such signal degradtion. After all we only want to recover the digital bits from the analog carrier.

Such a phenomenon is more common for audio/video signals.

OT: you still want the jan issue of style? emailed you but no response.
Oopss... super OT here.. but yes.. evening at middle rd/bugis area?

Status
Not open for further replies.