need views for buying accessories from DD ELECTRONICS?

i doubt canon will sell off defective products at a lower price. it will hurt their reputation. if these defective sets were to leak out, it is most likely to be illegally brought out.

canon will crash it if its defective...
canon-cameras-destruction-10.jpg

canon-cameras-destruction-9.jpg

DD is mostly grey sets, some deals are good some are not.

has anyone bought accessories like flashguns from them? If so please share your review :)

just got my 50L from them last night. Very friendly staff... to be frank I enjoy my purchase with them as the shop is pretty quiet and I have spent 4 hours testing out the lens.

Price is very attractive too, almost $500 cheaper than CP.

I got a 430EXII from them in Jan 2011 at $350...

I was planning to get 2 lenses from DD and also 7D body.. hope to have advice from fellow buyers. is it more advisable to buy the lenses from them and buy the body from other shops.. their 7D body is like $1912. this price to comparable to prices in excelsior but those are mint/2ndhand sets

I was planning to get 2 lenses from DD and also 7D body.. hope to have advice from fellow buyers. is it more advisable to buy the lenses from them and buy the body from other shops.. their 7D body is like $1912. this price to comparable to prices in excelsior but those are mint/2ndhand sets

why bother getting from 2nd hand shops when you can get one brand new from DDE + full 1yr warranty? Buy both camera and lens from DDE, I'll do that.

why bother getting from 2nd hand shops when you can get one brand new from DDE + full 1yr warranty? Buy both camera and lens from DDE, I'll do that.

i agree with u..
who knows some of these sets are originated from DD...lol...

Last edited:
Yeah that was my initial plan till after looking at this discussion haha.. About grey sets for body with no warranty.. Bla bla actually sometimes got warranty and no also same.. Think I'll stick to getting all from there. Then will share the experience here after purchase :)

Yeah that was my initial plan but after seeing the discussion like got some doubts on getting body there compared to lens.

But I think I will stick to initial plan and share my experience here after purchase :)

DDE offer very good deal for Canon compact like 300HS & SX210IS.

i am thinking of buying the canon 430EX flash from them. Check out some prices in BNS, they are ridiculous, didn't they check brand new gray set prices??? does local set give better flash quality :p

i am thinking of buying the canon 430EX flash from them. Check out some prices in BNS, they are ridiculous, didn't they check brand new gray set prices??? does local set give better flash quality :p

You mean you didnt know??hahahahha, yup2 BNS prices are ridiculous most of the time, but when some good deal do pops up, it'll be gone in seconds...

Pentium said:
Sometimes these low prices are due to the fact that the items are factory rejects or off specs sets, thats why no warranty from manufacturer. The defect can be very small or very big, you may never notice in your life time. Can be the physical equipment or can be the box that was damaged.

That's what a camera supplier told me. He was the one supplying some shops with imported defective sets. He further told me that he himself only buy electronic equipment from major departmental store, because he knows which are the shops that take off specs sets to resell.

Guess you have been bluffed by him..... Hahaha.....I heard this story so many times. May be you need to find out the real meaning of grey sets.