Need help with camera settings for event. thnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
icYchill said:
hmm. im not that sure....but mine's a panasonic DMC-LC43. Im still deciding whether to bring the casio along with the panasonic or the konica minolta's Dimage Xg. anyhow, thanks for the response! btw, is averture piority better or shutter speed piority better? Nickmak's settings shows ev-2....so does it mean i have to use a low ev and high iso? cos i tried taking with ev+1/+2 and a iso of arnd 150. wonder which is better? :think: and shld i use flash?

okie. i just checked up ur LC43 specs. according to steves-digicams.com, ur cam has a ISO setting of 50/100/200/400. set it to ISO 400. this will allow u to shoot in reasonably low-light.

either priority works, actually. in a dining hall or ballroom, u can either set ur f-stop to the smallest number possible, or shoot with a low-shutter speed. choose either option, and the cam will decide the rest for u. reason i suggest Av mode is dat it takes the 2nd-guessing of wat is the right shutter speed out of the equation. its a personal pref. watever works for u, go with it.

since u got some time at home, try it out first b4 deciding which one works best for u? also, go earlier to the dining hall and play ard with ur cam. then u can set ur cam up properly.

as for flash, most probably ur cam will auto-fire ur flash, since its low-light. if ur cam got a red-eye reduction function, use it. this will prevent ur subjects having those ugly red-dots in their eyeballs.

icic. need to bring tripod ma?

icYchill said:
what were your settings? :sweat:
Canon A70
M mode
1/60
f4
ISO 100
Slave flash with Omni-bounce on bracket ( bounce to the ceiling )
Handheld

nightwolf75 said:
okie. i just checked up ur LC43 specs. according to steves-digicams.com, ur cam has a ISO setting of 50/100/200/400. set it to ISO 400. this will allow u to shoot in reasonably low-light.

ISO 400 is very very noisy. No doubt you can clean it with noise reduction program but results will turn out to be very unnatural. I recommend no more than ISO 100. Ok. Maybe at the very most, ISO 200.

Hi, MEGAWEB.

What settings did u use for your A70 to take those wedding photos. Very bright and sharp hor. I took some with my Lumix Fx-2 but came out not very sharp n dim leh. :angry:

Any tips to share? :sweat:

chickencurry said:
Hi, MEGAWEB.

What settings did u use for your A70 to take those wedding photos. Very bright and sharp hor. I took some with my Lumix Fx-2 but came out not very sharp n dim leh. :angry:

Any tips to share? :sweat:

He posted his setting already. Look 2 posts above your own post.

icic. is manual mode very hard to manage? you must be very experienced bahx :p and im still wondering whether i shld use flash altho some of you said i should

icYchill said:
icic. is manual mode very hard to manage? you must be very experienced bahx :p and im still wondering whether i shld use flash altho some of you said i should

i dunno how 'noisy' ur cam is at ISO 400. but, take falcon's advice. shoot at iso 100 or 200. ur cam will definitely trip the on-cam flash. just shoot, and enjoy the learning experience! ;p just find a mode of shooting dat suits u best tonite, and stick with it.

megaweb said:
Canon A70
M mode
1/60
f4
ISO 100
Handheld

don really understand the flash part...and if aperture is high, does that mean more light can go in?
and since he's you're using handheld i think i no need to bring tripod so troublesome le bahx :sweat:

icYchill said:
Dun think your camera Panasonic DMC-LC43 has manual mode.

Click here to read more info on your cam

Just switch your camera to Simple or Normal mode with ISO 100 + flash on. Bring more AA batteries since you will be using flash and drain out power fast. The result you get should be object ok , background dark type.

my panasonic can set to iso 100 bud my casio exilim only has ISO 80, 160, 340, 640. hmm...maybe i'll be using the panasonic and bring the casio along? :think:

btw thanks everyone!

megaweb said:
Canon A70
M mode
1/60
f4
ISO 100
Handheld

Your slave flash contraption on the bracket! I was wondering how you get such even illumination from an A70 built-in flash.

dkw said:
Your slave flash contraption on the bracket! I was wondering how you get such even illumination from an A70 built-in flash.
slave flash contraception?

dkw said:
I use a tiny cardbord to deflect the A70 internal flash to upward to trigger the slave flash

a70_setup_flash_std.jpg

icic...and i thought you weren't using flash in those pictures that you took

but wouldn't that cause half of the picture to be bright and half of it not so bright?

megaweb said:
I use a tiny cardbord to deflect the A70 internal flash to upward to trigger the slave flash

a70_setup_flash_std.jpg

wah cool man... btw which slave flash you use??? i bought a $25 sunblitz slave flash (with pre flash setting) from ruby, the pics i took turn out very bright leh....too bright in fact (guess its due to the fact that its not ttl and iso settable.. ) even when i stand like 5m away or when i bounce off my hdb celling... subject still quite bright.... :dunno: newbie....

Wow...souped up A70...wide angle converter, and...did I see 2 filters?? :dunno:

megaweb said:

a70_setup_flash_std.jpg

yah.. look like a prosumer camera already.. buy a hotshoe adapter and stick it on the top there you have it... one good prosumer cam.. home made...
ps i know you prob have a bracket for your slave but got a flash on top of cam look more pro... ;)

littledigitalartist said:
wah cool man... btw which slave flash you use??? i bought a $25 sunblitz slave flash (with pre flash setting) from ruby, the pics i took turn out very bright leh....too bright in fact (guess its due to the fact that its not ttl and iso settable.. ) even when i stand like 5m away or when i bounce off my hdb celling... subject still quite bright.... :dunno: newbie....
I use the Achiever 115A/SSlave Flash with Omni-bounce.

HotSpots said:
Wow...souped up A70...wide angle converter, and...did I see 2 filters??
:embrass:
The screenshot is taken from my insect setup. The setup is similar but without reversed lens

a70_setup_05_std.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.