NDP 2011: Lady Gaga

Well, the axed the song for now :)
Because they didn't have the license to change the lyrics because they didn't know they needed it…what dumb people don't know that???

well... with them playing with copyrights like this..... who needs enemies!

well, the axed the song for now :)
because they didn't have the license to change the lyrics because they didn't know they needed it…what dumb people don't know that???

haha sauce please thankyouverymuch!

Last year we have JJ Lin's "Oh Yeah. Oh Yeah. Oh Yeah. Hey" for YOG and this year we have this.

Quite frankly, IMHO this is the result of a whole load of yes men in government organisations sucking up to their superiors by praising how fantastic and marvellous their ideas are instead of having the guts to criticise it and taking steps to prevent such ridiculous concept from being endorsed further after initial brainstorming sessions.

There is a Dilbert comic strip illustrating this scenario perfectly but unfortunately I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
wah so many people liao, the 1st rehearsal(18 june) i was there, no many people.

this sat i will be there again..sian...from 8am to 10pm....

i got some videos taken from 1st rehearsal . i posted to facebook, how do i embed here?

Last edited:
wow..............just becoz they're gahmen, they think they can get away with this,,,this...this....piece of ****? OMFG!!!

wow..............just becoz they're gahmen, they think they can get away with this,,,this...this....piece of ****? OMFG!!!

IMHO too, I think its just a case of the event organisers having really bad taste in music. Not defending gahmen, but I'm pretty sure among civil servants, everyone else is also mocking at this.

They just murdered music. EWWWWW.

This is painful to watch, I rather get kicked in the nuts :ipuke:

Last year we have JJ Lin's "Oh Yeah. Oh Yeah. Oh Yeah. Hey" for YOG and this year we have this.

jjlin02.gif

I think they are trying must I say desperately to attract young people, by re-tuning pop songs. Last yr's was Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night. Now this. It's the ultimate failure. Since the more "young-oriented" songs came out after NDP 2005, the songs had became worse and worse. No feelings, no emotions.

Aiya .... Just sing our National Anthem (Ma lai kit ta ) all the way la ....

Like dat, no more problem.

I think they are trying must I say desperately to attract young people, by re-tuning pop songs. Last yr's was Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night. Now this. It's the ultimate failure. Since the more "young-oriented" songs came out after NDP 2005, the songs had became worse and worse. No feelings, no emotions.

but at least "I gotta feeling" was the same. they practically re-wrote bad romance into some cheesy, no quality crap.

I think some folks barking up the wrong tree, and trying too hard.

but at least "I gotta feeling" was the same. they practically re-wrote bad romance into some cheesy, no quality crap.

I cringe at the "Kopi - o o o o "

our local talents have written some other wonderful pieces like this a while back.

[vid]CTMMRrxx-Ug[/vid]

I think we can look forward to more in future :devil:

Thank god it's been removed from the lineup already.

When the guy in charge was interviewed on TV news, his face was pale.
He knew this was a big Boo-Boo. If Lady Gaga wanted to be tough, it can be a highly publicised intellectual property lawsuit in which she will surely win.
The dollar amount damages is not the point. The lawsuit will send Singapore's repute down the sewer.

Guess one colonel won't make it to brigadier general anytime soon.
Would be interesting to read what are Mahathir's comments (if any) on it in his blog.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110706-287688.html

Last edited:
Funnily enough, Gaga actually liked it.

Then again, she's weird anyway.

This is indeed "UNIQUELY SINGAPORE!" i find it uniquely disgusting and humiliating especially for such a significant occasion.

Can't we just stick to Count on me or stand up for Singapore?! Or maybe Dick Lee's Rasa Sayang

[video=youtube_share;Ppav-FF40cI]http://youtu.be/Ppav-FF40cI[/video]