National Day Parade Rehearsal (Combined Rehearsal 3) Outing 29 June 2019

thoongeng

Jan 26, 2010
Hello everyone I'm organising an outing to take take photographs of National Day Parade rehearsals and fireworks. I can also show how to do blending of fireworks after the session if anyone's interested. Details as follows, please read the instructions.

Details:
Date: 29 June 2019 Saturday
Time: 5pm till around 8.30pm (till around 10pm if you want to see blending of fireworks)

This was what you can see from last year's rehearsals, however as this year the parade is at Padang, there may be less activities outdoors.

Requirements to register:
1. Beginners and keen to learn - Beginners as in you need help with camera settings, what mode to use or how to set up your tripod. This will be more of a sharing session, I will share what I have learnt from the seniors in this forum and try to answer as many questions as I can.
2. Post a photograph in Clubsnap after the outing - After the session I will create a thread and you are required to post at least 1 photograph from the outing (instructions will be given). I hope everyone will learn from the experience by getting feedback from others especially the seniors in this forum (I will try to comment on all the photographs posted)

Group size: 5

Equipment:
1. Any camera (preferably able to set exposure manually and have Bulb mode), remember to bring enough batteries and memory cards
2. Any lens (I will be using an ultra-wide lens to capture fireworks and a telephoto zoom to try to capture the outdoor displays, but you can practice composition with any lens you have)
3. Tripod
4. Remote control for your camera - either wired or wireless or wifi
4. Any filters, levellers you have or other equipment you think will be useful
5. Water, snacks if you need and umbrella
6. Black card / black cloth for those who want to try (can google 'black card technique for fireworks', I can share how to do it but will not be using black card)

How to register:
- Those who are keen to register we will do it the usual Clubsnap way - copy and paste the list and add your name to the next available slot
- Nearer to the day, most likely 28th June night, I will PM all the registered participants the exact location to meet. Please don't be late, we will not be reserving tripod slots for latecomers.

Those who register but did not appear on that day, or did not post their photograph after the outing will be blacklisted

I will update this post with the confirmed list of registered participants by 28th June, or earlier if it is full. I will also update on the day itself if the outing will be on or not in case of weather etc so please check the thread before heading out

Thanks and hope to see you guys on 29 June

Update 28/6/19 11pm
The list of participants:
1. hmtan
2. Dunkdevils
I have PM the participants the instructions, let me know if you didn't receive thanks.

Update 29/6/19 3pm
Light rain in some areas, hopefully it will clear by the evening. The event is a GO, see you all there

Update 30/6/19 11pm
I have started the image sharing thread here: https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/cl...ade-rehearsal-cr3-outing-29-jun-2019.1765918/

The guide to posting images in Clubsnap is here: https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/guide-to-posting-images.1721401/
I used the method in post #4

Last edited:
This is the registration list, copy & paste the list below, then add in your Clubsnap nickname. If you jump queue or put in your name without continuing the list you may not get registered thank you.
END

This is the registration list, copy & paste the list below, then add in your Clubsnap nickname. If you jump queue or put in your name without continuing the list you may not get registered thank you.
1. hmtan
END

1. hmtan
2. Dunkdevils
END

I have PM the participants the instructions, let me know if you didn't receive thanks.

Light rain in some areas, hopefully it will clear by the evening. The event is a GO, see you all there

Thanks everyone who joined me and braved the drizzle together hehe...

I have started the image sharing thread here: https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/cl...ade-rehearsal-cr3-outing-29-jun-2019.1765918/

The guide to posting images in Clubsnap is here: https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/guide-to-posting-images.1721401/
I used the method in post #4

No hurry to post, you can either post your straight-from-camera shots, or post-processed ones no problem. I'll try to give my comments, and answer any further questions you have thanks!