My trip to Ladakh, India

Status
Not open for further replies.
These photos are taken in the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi, a Sufi saint, in Srinagar.

#32 - Kashmiri Muslim men pray at the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi, a Sufi saint, in Srinagar.
ladakh32.jpg

#33 - Kashmiri Muslim men drink holy water at the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi, a Sufi saint, in Srinagar.
ladakh33.jpg

#34 - A Kashmiri Muslim man prays at the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi, a Sufi saint, in Srinagar.
ladakh34.jpg

#35 - Kashmiri Muslim men and women pray at the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi, a Sufi saint, in Srinagar.
ladakh35.jpg

#36 - A Kashmiri Muslim woman cries as she prays at the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi, a Sufi saint, in Srinagar.
ladakh36.jpg

Last edited:
#21 - Star trails over the town of Lamayuru, about 127km west of Leh.
ladakh21.jpg

very nicely taken! judging from the length of the start trail, you have probably used up the entire battery power to keep the mirror lock up? How long was the exposure?

These are taken in another Mosque, the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.

#37 - A Kashmiri Muslim man prays at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh37.jpg

Last edited:
very nicely taken! judging from the length of the start trail, you have probably used up the entire battery power to keep the mirror lock up? How long was the exposure?
Nope.

The trails are only 53 mins long. Used a 5D with maybe 80% charge before that, and still got juice to spare.

#38 - A Kashmiri Muslim man prays at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh38.jpg

Last edited:
#39 - A Kashmiri Muslim man prostrates at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh39b.jpg

#40 - Kashmiri Muslim men pray at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh40b.jpg

#41 - A Kashmiri Muslim girl poses for a photograph as she prays at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh41.jpg

Last edited:
#39 - A Kashmiri Muslim man prostrates at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh39.jpg

#40 - Kashmiri Muslim men pray at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh40.jpg

#41 - A Kashmiri Muslim girl poses for a photograph as she prays at the Jama Masjid in Srinagar.
ladakh41.jpg

these are really great stuffs..........

I like alot of ur portraits. Must have been heavy with the 2 cameras and 3 lenses. Did u attach a flash unit on both the cameras?

I like alot of ur portraits. Must have been heavy with the 2 cameras and 3 lenses. Did u attach a flash unit on both the cameras?
Thanks.
Nope, no flash. All the fotos here are shot without flash, though I carried a flash along for the trip. The key is to watch the light.
Can see from the iris in the portraits for where the direction of lights come from. :)

yah, among those i like, i like the portraits more than the landscape... the crying kashmiri women in close-up, and the close wide angle shot of the muslim man drinking holy water.

yah, among those i like, i like the portraits more than the landscape... the crying kashmiri women in close-up, and the close wide angle shot of the muslim man drinking holy water.
Thanks.
Phototaking in the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi usually not allowed, had a friend arrange it.

Thanks.
Phototaking in the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdoomi usually not allowed, had a friend arrange it.

but how abt other mosques? cos your shots seem to be more of portraits, so i guess other mosques also should have good photo opportunities as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.