My scammed experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS @Funan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am puzzled ! In the States, all sold items can be return for an exchange or a full return within 1 week or two with no questions asked. It is the law there.
One can buy a camera in a sealed box without any checking and can rest assure of a refund if requested.

just so you know, that policy is also not foolproof, got other means of abuse.

of course consumers are happy... you can don't need to rent lens already... want to shoot wedding? BUY A D3, BUY TRINITY LENS.

after the wedding, RETURN TO SHOP.

RENTAL FEE = ZERO

QUESTIONS ASKED = ZERO

i do not agree with your statement that this is something that should be implemented in singapore. i have seen loads of cases of abuse in other countries due to overly liberal consumer rights and for the sake of our local businesses, due to the fact that singaporeans are very kiasu.... i think something intermediate will be better.

i think we should create a thread which are the con shop so to let all the newbie know.
if newbies never come here(clubsnap), they will still be "chopped" by any shop.
Not their fault and ours, just move on and be smarter the next time.

It disappoints me very much when I hear people got scammed and mistreated.

An area with many dishonest people makes me doubted the honest ones too. [Just a generic simulated question] Will people leaves their guards down and automatically favor one shop if two out of the three deliberately acted nasty?

of course consumers are happy... you can don't need to rent lens already... want to shoot wedding? BUY A D3, BUY TRINITY LENS.

RENTAL FEE = ZERO

QUESTIONS ASKED = ZERO

i do not agree with your statement that this is something that should be implemented in singapore. i have seen loads of cases of abuse in other countries due to overly liberal consumer rights and for the sake of our local businesses, due to the fact that singaporeans are very kiasu.... i think something intermediate will be better.

x2. This practice leads to higher prices for consumers. Alot of people do that for eg. prom dresses and the like. cheaper price or no questions asked rturn and refund policy. 2 choose 1.

And actually, in Singapore you *do* have this practice for some things. eg. for insurance there is a 'free look' window for people to get out of policies that they buy on impulse and later regret.

And now, even for re-sale HDB flats similar system. In both cases, it is mandatory at law.

OT abit here... anyone know when John open shop?

I was at Funan (one or two weeks ago to buy my teleconverter) - it was a Saturday at around 1100+ a.m and John was not open. So I walked to the shop across it and and keep thinking that it was SLRR to buy the teleconverter (which I realise was actually Bally Photo only after the Sales person - Anthony Yeo gave me his name card).

I really like the service of John (the last time I go, it was a month ago, when I knock off from work which was around 6pm and get there at around 6.45pm) and got a electronic viewfinder for my Olympus EP-L1 and an extra lens cap.

feel your pain firefly...sorry you had this bad experience...

how unscrupulous this notorious shop.. i once entered the shop 2 months ago, to seek a quote on a DSLR.. the attitude of shop assistant (an old skinny tiny mid age man) turned me off.. the kind that shows the body language "simi taichi.. what you want?!!"

he did quote a much cheaper price than any others in funan. i knew there must be a dead stinky fish somewhere..

promptly, i thanked him and walked out briskly...

for sure, if singapore only had bally as the only camera shop, i'd still not buy from them.

unscrupulous business should never be allowed to survive...

enjoy your camera...put this behind you... :)

I want to post my terrible shopping experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS PET LTD at #02-03B Funan today, and I hope everyone saw this post and never experience the same terrible things as I do today.

Not ever buy anything from this scamming shop. I will talk from the beginning.

now, this is really weird...

unless SLRR moved and Bally took over it's shopfront opposite J316, the last time i visited, SLRR is opposite J316 some 2 months ago ??? no ??

OT abit here... anyone know when John open shop?

I was at Funan (one or two weeks ago to buy my teleconverter) - it was a Saturday at around 1100+ a.m and John was not open. So I walked to the shop across it and and keep thinking that it was SLRR to buy the teleconverter (which I realise was actually Bally Photo only after the Sales person - Anthony Yeo gave me his name card).

RENTAL FEE = ZERO

QUESTIONS ASKED = ZERO

Many times, if you are returning an electronic (and it is not because of a manufactures default) they will charge a restocking fee (10% to 20%). Then, the retail chain will sell the item as an open boxed item and discount it the same percentage as they charged for the restocking fee. In the past, many people would return items that were not damaged and claim they were damaged so they wouldn't have to pay the restocking fee, but now large retailers check the items out on the spot. Its still a grey area because dealing with electronics, a person could have an intermittent problem with the device and not able to show the retailer at the time of return. In those situations, the retailer will usually accept the integrity of the customer and accept his word and give him a refund.

Do not say you get scammed, it is your greed for lower price that lead you there.

there is no free lunch in this world.

paying $ to get experience.

well at least now you will not be lure into sweet deal trap.

That is why they are SO desperate for business and can't wait for the next lamb (customer) to enter into their lair (shop).

They will lie, cheat and con you by all means ! How on earth can you deal with them when they deny what they just said a few minutes ago !

I am puzzled ! In the States, all sold items can be return for an exchange or a full return within 1 week or two with no questions asked. It is the law there.
One can buy a camera in a sealed box without any checking and can rest assure of a refund if requested.

I think Singapore is long overdue for such a law here.

:(:(

wait till singapore has the population size of US den we consider your proposal...

;p

This is the problem with many Singaporeans consumers. They have no principles ... ...

They talk about how they sympathise with the victim, they hurled abuse at the said retailers in support for the victim in the forums. Yet for $10 savings, they would forget all about it.

If SLR Revo is indeed owned by the same boss, why would I still want to give business to anyone who has unscrupulous business practice? There are no other retailer in Singapore worthy of our business issit???

I once had a laughable experience in Bally's. They really tried to chop me. The sales guy even asked me, "do you have the cash now . . . show me the cash" and as I walked out of the store, he seemed to be pissed off. So it kinda made me equally pissed off and I shared my feelings with them with some very strong words.

Now, I have been purchasing many things from SLR-R and everything has been fine. Really, the service was great and the pricing was competitive.

Principals are principals, and I am going to do my homework to really see if these two shops are under the same ownership / management. If they are, I honestly will not spend money with SLR-R either.

Shopping at Bally's is a terrible experience and it gives a bad rap to the shopping centre and Singapore.

Lucky his shop isn't in NY or Atlanta. Customers will deal with them directly and those kind of practices are not good for a healthy future ;)

If you are not local, maybe you can leave the country and claim back the GST. Since you have a tax invoice, although i'm not very sure if what they gave you is ok, since the tax amount was not shown.

Or shoot to IRAS, tell them the retailer never issue a proper tax invoice.

023.JPG

this is the invoice, the first item is 60D kit at S$2050 after the whole urgly scenes i have described above, the second item is 62mm HOYA UV filter at S$50 that is not fit to my lens, the third and fourth are the gifts of Canon, the last item is the freebie, it is a clean kit, and i do not think it is worth more than S$5...

btw, i know the name and have the pic of the manager, is it legial to expose him?

Do not say you get scammed, it is your greed for lower price that lead you there.

there is no free lunch in this world.

paying $ to get experience.

well at least now you will not be lure into sweet deal trap.

i totally disagree with this comment. i bght my first prosumer there, it wasnt cheap. And i think it's really rude of you to say that TS is greedy. It is human nature that we try to choose the best value for money.

Of course, there is no free lunch in this world, but it doesnt mean you can cheat right?

unless SLRR moved and Bally took over it's shopfront opposite J316, the last time i visited, SLRR is opposite J316 some 2 months ago ??? no ??

SLR-R moved not long ago to level 4, the previous shop space now occupied by Bally photo has no store sign and nothing indicating the name of the shop, I think its to prey on those people who does not know that SLR-R has shifted.

Should ask them to break down the pricing for each item... I really don't like the 'combine everything' pricing...

Nope. No more SLRR... at that level. The salesperson that gave me the name card is called Anthony Yeo (Sales Manager) and the address on the name card stated,

Bally Photo Electronics Pte Ltd
109 North Bridge Road
#05-K7 Funan Digital Mall
Singapore 179097
Tel: (65) 6338 8454
Fax: (65) 6334 4515

SLR-R moved not long ago to level 4, the previous shop space now occupied by Bally photo has no store sign and nothing indicating the name of the shop, I think its to prey on those people who does not know that SLR-R has shifted.

And that is how I get in (thinking that it is SLRR) and buy my teleconverter... but I don't think I am being conned, because I saw someone selling their teleconverter in the BnS at $220 and they sold me mine for $230 (new - hopefully).

Passed by Bally and saw many foreigners inside. Looks like their business is good.

I think they would not mind if they missed any local business.

Sigh....

Passed by Bally and saw many foreigners inside. Looks like their business is good.

I think they would not mind if they missed any local business.

Sigh....

If not how do they survive until today, there are always fresh carrots for they to chop everyday. :sweat:

i think we should create a thread which are the con shop so to let all the newbie know.

I agree and have also proposed this earlier. But I think that we should check with a moderator or an administrator before we venture in this area. There may be some legalities involved and we wouldn't want any members to get into trouble or to have ClubSnap closed down as a result.

There are already many things said in this thread that could result in a lawsuit (defamation) if they are not true. Better to tread prudently and carefully. This is a forum open to the public just like a newspaper.

If any moderators or administrators are reading this, could you please comment and guide us. Alternatively, how do we send a message to the forum head? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.