My recomendation for SD Cards For D6/800

Where to buy Lexar 400x SD cards? looking at 32GB.
Is it cheaper or more ex then a Sandisk Extreme ?

Raptor1 said:

I think the lexar still no common in s'pore & m'sia.
But the card only able to buy in online US store.

I think the lexar still no common in s'pore & m'sia.
But the card only able to buy in online US store.

Cos probably not much people really need a Lexar.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro series are mostly enough for the vast majority of DSLR users. Also, the proportion of "lower end" DSLRs are the majority, so probably the SanDisk Extreme series is "more than enough" already. Furthermore, Lexar doesn't come cheap, so SG is not a really attractive market.

SD Ultra is really slow.

Will upgrading to Extreme show a discernible difference?

PS: 14bit RAW

SD ultra is for pns w.o video

even too slow for D7000

extreme is the way to go ...

Lexar x1000 32GB was selling at a super low price last week on black friday on amazon. For those who missed it, too bad. Have to wait for Memorial Day in May.

Got a 32GB 400x Lexar SD during SITEX for S$50. Was given a Kingston pouch (or something) for free.

Lifetime warranty by Convergent. Using it in Slot 1 with a slower 32GB Kingston Class 4 SD on Slot 2. Smooth thus far.

wolfton said:
If you buy at Best Bargain, you won't be cheated because the prices are listed and pasted on the cashier counter. You see price then you ask for the item, then pay money :)

Hi wolfton, can check with u, have u bought from best bargain before? Are they reliable?

Last edited:
Hi wolfton, can check with u, have u bought from best bargain before? Are they reliable?

I have. yes reliable. However, do note that their cards are not from vector Magnetics. There are 2 other authorized distributor of SanDisk cards in Singapore apart from Vector.

Last edited:
Sandisk extreme got how many versions? Kinda confusing; extreme, extreme III, extreme pro.... :/
Is the extreme 45MB/s good enough for d600?

Sandisk extreme got how many versions? Kinda confusing; extreme, extreme III, extreme pro.... :/

Actually just see what speed is it. I am tried using Sandisk extreme 45MB/S, quite decent, but definitely not the best, but for it's price, cant really complain.
Depends on your shooting style, if you shoot and need to see picture constantly to confirm if the shots are good, and you need are using the Camera for a living or extra income, probably you should invest in a better card. For hobbyist like me, i am happy with just 45MB/s

Current models for Sandisk SD cards:
Standard (blue): class 4 (except for 2GB where no class is specified)
Ultra - three types: 1) UHS-I, 30 MB/s, class 10. 2) 20 MB/s, class 6. 3) 15 MB/s, class 4 (4GB only)
Extreme - 45 MB/s, class 10, UHS-I
Extreme Pro - 95 MB/s, class 10, UHS-I

Anything else you see is old models or could be fake. Extreme II or III are old discontinued models.

For performance tests, you might want to look at this... Remember to select the camera you are using. Different cameras can give different results.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

Last edited:
daredevil123 said:
Current models for Sandisk SD cards:
Standard (blue): class 4 (except for 2GB where no class is specified)
Ultra - three types: 1) UHS-I, 30 MB/s, class 10. 2) 20 MB/s, class 6. 3) 15 MB/s, class 4 (4GB only)
Extreme - 45 MB/s, class 10, UHS-I
Extreme Pro - 95 MB/s, class 10, UHS-I

Anything else you see is old models or could be fake. Extreme II or III are old discontinued models.

For performance tests, you might want to look at this... Remember to select the camera you are using. Different cameras can give different results.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

Thanks foe ur detailed write up! So extreme 2 n 3 are old models. Now i understand :)

Btw, Rob site doesnt seem to be updated with d600.. Proly still new.

avsquare said:
Cos probably not much people really need a Lexar.
The SanDisk Extreme Pro series are mostly enough for the vast majority of DSLR users. Also, the proportion of "lower end" DSLRs are the majority, so probably the SanDisk Extreme series is "more than enough" already. Furthermore, Lexar doesn't come cheap, so SG is not a really attractive market.

Anyone has experience with lexar cards? Hows the performance and reliability? Im Wondering i i shud try 1 sandisk and 1 lexar in d600 or should i stick to sandisk.... Pricing wise seems more exp than sandisk, more atas perhaps?

Last edited:
Pinoy said:
Got a 32GB 400x Lexar SD during SITEX for S$50. Was given a Kingston pouch (or something) for free.

Lifetime warranty by Convergent. Using it in Slot 1 with a slower 32GB Kingston Class 4 SD on Slot 2. Smooth thus far.

Sawthis price too. Hows the read write speed of the 400x? Ita rated 60mb/s on the box

Thanks foe ur detailed write up! So extreme 2 n 3 are old models. Now i understand :)

Btw, Rob site doesnt seem to be updated with d600.. Proly still new.

Anyone has experience with lexar cards? Hows the performance and reliability? Im Wondering i i shud try 1 sandisk and 1 lexar in d600 or should i stick to sandisk.... Pricing wise seems more exp than sandisk, more atas perhaps?

You can try looking at the D7000 numbers, since both cameras share similar specifications and probably similar parts as well.