My recomendation for SD Cards For D6/800

I shot jpeg mostly mainly for holiday use.
How much is sandisk extreme 45mb/s 32gb and kingston ultimate xx UHS-I 233X 32gb where is the best bargain?
see below
SanDisk vs. Kingston SD Cards Read and Write Speed Comparison

if i remembered correctly it's below $40 for the sandisk extreme 45mb 32gb. best bargain is at sim lim square lvl 5 i think? if not lvl 6

Price guide on the SD and CF cards during IT fair:

20120607_163623.jpg

Our local shops price doesn't deviate too much. The above pricing says Extreme Pro 32GB $280. I bought one from Cathay @ $285 today.

avsquare said:
Price guide on the SD and CF cards during IT fair:

Our local shops price doesn't deviate too much. The above pricing says Extreme Pro 32GB $280. I bought one from Cathay @ $285 today.

I think sim lim shops sell cheaper.

I think sim lim shops sell cheaper.

Think so.. but the bad stretch from SLS is so strong, I don't bother to step in there. In fact, I haven't step in for years, which the exception of buying the BG-E11 because there's the only place have stock (Alan Photo) during first launch and it sells the cheapest. :bsmilie:

Think so.. but the bad stretch from SLS is so strong, I don't bother to step in there. In fact, I haven't step in for years, which the exception of buying the BG-E11 because there's the only place have stock (Alan Photo) during first launch and it sells the cheapest. :bsmilie:

I know. I also hate going to SLS, but I do go sometimes for specific items and not just to shop around.
For specific items you have to know exactly what you want or you may get fooled by all the con artists there.

For good prices of SD cards one place to consider is Amazon. A few days ago I placed an order for a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 45MB/s for USD31.99 which is just short of SGD40, but it will take 10 to 17 days to deliver. - Hahaha! Even if SLS shops are offering the same for slightly less, they can keep it. I don't have to go through the trouble of driving there and be faced with the dishonesty there.

if u use d8/600 forget Kingston and transcend seriously , u will regret ... I regretted ... Speed, compatibility, quality...

When using D600/800 just like sport car and you control the speed for drive as safety 1st, that is not for worth, please bring them to track and races with other cars and you just knew the performance up to optimum :)

Nope I mean, if you can afford with extreme or extreme pro that is fine..

Cause when used in D600 & D800 that is not much big issue.

You only need to know where is best bargain :)

Yes I got what you mean. Bro :)

I am just saying that the Sandisk Ultra is not worth the money, there are better products to buy for the same price.

I will post some benchmark later.

This is a speed test of two cards, both tested with USB 3.0 card reader on USB 3.0 port, running Windows 8

Left: Sandisk Ultra Class 6 16GB, bought at Sandisk booth on IT show. Rated speed: 30MB/s read, write speed lower
Right: Kingston Class 4 8GB, free gift from DSLR purchase. Rated speed: Unknown

From the graph, we can see that Sandisk's read speed is even higher than rated speed, but the write speed is even less than 8MB/s... it turns out that the "write speed lower" means about 4 times slower.... even a free gift kingston class 4 writes faster about 10MB/s

And when use in DSLR, it is the write speed that matters... that's why I don't recommend Sandisk Ultra series.

SandiskUltraC6vsKingstonC4.png

But for Sandisk Extreme card, it is a different story.

Here is a test on the Sandisk Extreme Class 10 16GB, bought at Amazon. Rated speed: Read/Write 45MB/s

As shown in the test, the speed is up to the rated speed, read/write is roughly around 45MB/s with read speed slightly higher. and this card is quite affordable, at about 20+ for 16G and 40+ for 32G. Highly recommended.

SandiskExtreme.png

Last edited:
Springf said:
This is a speed test of two cards, both tested with USB 3.0 card reader on USB 3.0 port, running Windows 8

Left: Sandisk Ultra Class 6 16GB, bought at Sandisk booth on IT show. Rated speed: 30MB/s read, write speed lower

From the graph, we can see that Sandisk's read speed is even higher than rated speed, but the write speed is even less than 8MB/s... it turns out that the "write speed lower" means about 4 times slower.... even a free gift kingston class 4 writes faster about 10MB/s

And when use in DSLR, it is the write speed that matters... that's why I don't recommend Sandisk Ultra series.

Oops is my bad.

JimmyChooShoots said:
I know. I also hate going to SLS, but I do go sometimes for specific items and not just to shop around.
For specific items you have to know exactly what you want or you may get fooled by all the con artists there.

For good prices of SD cards one place to consider is Amazon. A few days ago I placed an order for a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 45MB/s for USD31.99 which is just short of SGD40, but it will take 10 to 17 days to deliver. - Hahaha! Even if SLS shops are offering the same for slightly less, they can keep it. I don't have to go through the trouble of driving there and be faced with the dishonesty there.

How does warranty work for Amazon sets?

Springf said:

Interesting result. Thanks!

If you buy at Best Bargain, you won't be cheated because the prices are listed and pasted on the cashier counter. You see price then you ask for the item, then pay money :)

IMO if u shoot video / machine gun / RAW + Machine gun / likes to chimp after each photo u took
get the extreme pro it makes chimping less frustraction

else the extreme is good enough for me :)

How does warranty work for Amazon sets?
Here's their quote from Amazon:

"Warranty and Compatibility Information

The SanDisk Extreme SDHC UHS-I Memory Card is compatible with all SDXC and SDHC digital devices. It is backed by a lifetime limited warranty4."
"4 Lifetime warranty in regions not recognizing "limited" warranty. 10-year warranty in Germany and Canada."

And I found the following:

Sandisk's website:
Contact Us
Phone No.
Singapore
Local Time
M-F | 10a.m - 7p.m

800-130-1859

Sandisk's corporate address in SIN:
SanDisk Singapore
Regus Business Center,
Centennial Tower
Level 21, 3 Temasek Avenue
Singapore 039190

My style was more of a single shot type, compose an image before depressing the shutter. So for my style, I go for value:size rather than speedy card, though I do owe a Lexar 600X for the rare sport shoot.