my loving Xiaoting Mei Mei

Status
Not open for further replies.
all comments when made with regards to PHOTOGRAPHY.. should be just that.

not the model. to do so is considered immensely rude, whether it is xmm or not. you won't comment that a beggar looks malnourished in a street shot, or that a ballet dancer looks overly rotund, would you? the issue here is that the photographer put up the picture. if the model put up the picture then by all means, comment on her posing, comment on her looks, comment on whatever she can possibly control; but here is asking for critique on photographer skill, so things like lighting, composition, pp come into play.

Alright,Good point.

To me compliments are given when due.
Simple as that,nothing worth bickering about.

i need to agree that compliments are given when due, but personal attacks on the model?
hmmmm :)

Hey ho! im not offended!

ahh, berd im waiting for my photos! more more! :heart:

xmm is well loved by mojority of the photographers. =)
but frankly speaking, she can look even more gorgeous as compared to the 2 pictures posted.

Looks good Looks good! :D

It's just my personal preference that i like my portrait models to be more subtle when managing their smiles .... hence, usually no big smiles for my shoots :sweat:

xt3931.jpg

i need to agree that compliments are given when due, but personal attacks on the model?
hmmmm :)

haha,why u all so serious.
That's just me to speak my mind.

you look good on the other pictures but this time,it just gave me the typical aunty impression:bsmilie:

no one is complaining about anyone speaking out his mind here ..... it is the swill or garbage that came out of one's mind that I am serious coz I dont want my thread to be defaced unnecessarily. :dunno:

you look good on the other pictures but this time,it just gave me the typical aunty impression:bsmilie:
ur tackless comment dont do any good,u should know when to shut-up.move on!:devil:

more pics please :)

:thumbsup:

Don't see anything wrong with your comments, sometimes a photographer will make the lady look bad.
it is all abt feel...
okie.. more pics .. haha

That is the issue....you already old liao. :(
haha .... thanks for reminding me :sweat:
guess need to go for more walk in the park with xmm ..... to keep our body and soul, young and active :p

Sorry Canonised, borrowing your threat to express a point.

all comments when made with regards to PHOTOGRAPHY.. should be just that.

not the model. to do so is considered immensely rude, whether it is xmm or not. you won't comment that a beggar looks malnourished in a street shot, or that a ballet dancer looks overly rotund, would you? the issue here is that the photographer put up the picture. if the model put up the picture then by all means, comment on her posing, comment on her looks, comment on whatever she can possibly control; but here is asking for critique on photographer skill, so things like lighting, composition, pp come into play.

Yes, yes, and yes. a XMM or any model/talent/candid subjects are the focal of a portrait. Without them, there will not be any portraits. So, why aren't them fair game in comments, criticism, praises and what not.

The original comments regarding "auntie" in the thread started a firestorm. If the image is of a young male, and the comments was "uncle", I doubt there will be much counter comments and definitely not the storm we had witnessed.

Btw, I won't comment on the beggar looking malnourished, because that is what I expected. If the ballerina looks fat, I will say the ballerina looks fat. How else to comment?

Back to the "auntie" comment. I don't agree with it, in terms of the description, but I don't see how it was derogatory to the model? Perhaps ... I better not ....

You are still missing the point, that compliments are to be directed at the photographer's representation of his/her art, not your subjective views on the "attractiveness" of the model. If you want to ogle and judge models perhaps you should go purchase some girly magazines from the auntie down the street, because this certainly isn't the place for it.

NO MORE ABOUT ME, PLEASE!!!!!
I DONT WANT TO HEAR!!!

xt4470.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.