My first pics with the D800

Hi Beachboy

Pics to share? too many :) But lets give other people a chance to post their d800 pics!

All the best!

OK, OK, since you asked :) I will contribute one from my trip a couple of weeks ago. Although this thread is called "My first pics with the D800", this one is actually my 1,683rd-photo. Taken in the Scottish Highlands with D800E.
DSC_1683.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Beachboy

Good choice to bring the d800 along with u on ur upcoming trip.. i had no regrets :) Just take care of ur expensive equipment. Pics to share? too many :) But lets give other people a chance to post their d800 pics!

Polarizing filter would be helpful if u take pics outdoors.. Think u will still get gd amt of sunlight in Sept. U will see alot of leaves changing colour.. lucky you . But i'm not sure abt its use indoors.. anyway, the lighting conditions in the Louvre is not very bright so the use of a polariser is not recommended. But u can always try :)

The Mona Lisa is a fake?? Heard thatrumour somewhere but I like to think that that is real.. I think the Louvre would have some integrity.. so if they have that's the Mona Lisa, I take it as face value. But realistically, I dun blame them if that's a fake. A mighty good one I have to admit.

Do bring a zoom if the farthest u hav is only a 50mm.. u definitely need more. I used the 28-300mm for my trip.

All the best!

Last time went to Taiwan bring 24-70 and 28-300 .... most of the time only use 24-70.... now change to 16-35, love it very much plus its lighter than 24-70 and 17-35...

OK, OK, since you asked :) I will contribute one from my trip a couple of weeks ago. Although this thread is called "My first pics with the D800", this one is actually my 1,683rd-photo. Taken in the Scottish Highlands with D800E.
DSC_1683.jpg

Got any Swiss alps Picture ?

Nice! very tranquil scenery.. not many pple ard. Wonder wat those pple doing there near the edge? Your entourage? Thanks for sharing

DSC_1683.jpg

Time to go for a holiday with the D800 :D

Nice! very tranquil scenery.. not many pple ard. Wonder wat those pple doing there near the edge? Your entourage? Thanks for sharing

No, they were not from my group. They sat there to enjoy the tranquility?

can I ask, has anyone tested what's the max ISO D800 can go up to without noticeable "graininess"? I still haven't explored it yet, thought I learn from someone who has investigated

Ha ha that's funny. I wish I am this globe-trotting traveller you imagine me to be.
Dun worry next time u can take.....

anyone have ? coz wanna see the result and prevent my mistake during my upcoming honeymoon trip.....

The newly opened Gardens by the Bay has created many new shooting opportunities. Great to see so many visitors happily snapping away. Here are some of mine from this morning. I guess they are "My first pics with the D800 at Gardens by the Bay". :bsmilie:

WGW_0702.jpg

WGW_0719.jpg

WGW_0498.jpg

WGW_0736.jpg

hi Zoom3

Thanks for sharing your shots at the Gardens by the Bay with your D800.. hope the readers will be inspired to go there to take more pics!

Hope you dun mind if I share one of mine with the D800 from last night. Should consider going there at night one day to take some shots!

garden_bay.jpg

The above was cropped from original with some light PP done to pull out the dynamic range of the D800.

The newly opened Gardens by the Bay has created many new shooting opportunities. Great to see so many visitors happily snapping away. Here are some of mine from this morning. I guess they are "My first pics with the D800 at Gardens by the Bay". :bsmilie:

]

hi Zoom3

Thanks for sharing your shots at the Gardens by the Bay with your D800.. hope the readers will be inspired to go there to take more pics!

Hope you dun mind if I share one of mine with the D800 from last night. Should consider going there at night one day to take some shots!

garden_bay.jpg

The above was cropped from original with some light PP done to pull out the dynamic range of the D800.

No problem. Please do share more.

Definitely going soon for a night shoot ;)

Hope this weekend can go Garden by the bay to shoot some picture ..

Posting some boring photo took just now. All taken by 35mm F2

DSC_2133s.jpg

DSC_2131s.jpg

DSC_2140s.jpg

4. Crop from the 1st picture
DSC_2133e.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Love the star burst and how well the exposure is managed, especially evident in the cropped pic of the Fullerton.

Looks like the good old AF 35mm f/2D is doing well on a D800. Mine is the non-D version, optically should be identical. A sign of relief for me.

Hopefully there will be little needs to dig in to buy the new super lenses. They are super expensive!

BTW my D800 will come in August.

Posting some boring photo took just now. All taken by 35mm F2

DSC_2133s.jpg

DSC_2131s.jpg

DSC_2140s.jpg

4. Crop from the 1st picture
DSC_2133e.jpg

Looks like the good old AF 35mm f/2D is doing well on a D800. Mine is the non-D version, optically should be identical. A sign of relief for me.

Hopefully there will be little needs to dig in to buy the new super lenses. They are super expensive!

BTW my D800 will come in August.

I think some old lens still can used on D800. Currently only have 35mm f2 and 85 f1.8g after sell other lens to upgrade to D800 hahahaha.
BTW why your D800 come in Aug ? How long you waiting ?