My first pics with the D800

Fantastic.... Pls dun spread the poison.... Haha....

Show you the original without cropped original size :)
The photo has been reduce size.

DSC_0507-003_1.jpg

After cropped image.
DSC_0497-002-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, anyone shoot with the AF 50mm f1.4D on portrait pose?

Dunno the lens is performance how well on D800...

Thanks

Straight out from D800, resize using window edit tool.
Yeah, no more yellowish face like d700 in lowlight

DSC_1833ss-2.jpg

Last edited:
Eddie77 said:

Thanks for your pointed on yellowish of D700, D300/s on same feeling.

Guys - great to see you enjoying your D800 with your kids :thumbsup:

A shot from this morning. Very pleased with the amount of detail and the dynamic range. BTW, the RAW file of this photo is 51.2MB. The largest I have seen !

WGW_0208a.jpg

Last edited:
A shot from this morning. Very pleased with the amount of detail and the dynamic range. BTW, the RAW file of this photo is 51.2MB. The largest I have seen !

WGW_0208.jpg

you can choose on Uncompressed and set to 14bit then the Raw output should be around 73-75.9MB per each..

WGW_0208a.jpg

My setting is Lossless compressed 14 bit. I don't need it to be any bigger:sweat: as the TIFF file will be even bigger !!

Last edited:
zoom3 said:
My setting is Lossless compressed 14 bit. I don't need it to be any bigger:sweat: as the TIFF file will be even bigger !!

I do wonder if there's any benefit to shoot tiff. Universal uncompressed files?

No photo to share for today ??

OK, have :)

A flower shot. No pp. Just resized

No need for any comments from me. The photos tell the story :D

Taken with the 85 f1.4G
WGW_0344.jpg

Cropped. Focus is on the pink flower in the center.
WGW_0344crop.jpg

Last edited:
Dun mind if I share a shot.

Here's a pic from the Natural History Museum

Dino_small.jpg

Thanks bros for your likes and +ve comments.

Here's another pic with the D800.

Funny story, I started off from the back of the crowd and was literally pushed about. Next thing I knew, i was pushed to the front of the crowd and was facing the Mona Lisa in front of me! Very lucky indeed. Needless to say, I has a good time taking the picture and wish to share its beauty with all of u. Pity the reflective glass in front but I hope u like it :)

ml_small.jpg

PS: My sincerest apologies for the copyright banner in front of the pic. Do imagine it not being there :) Thank you.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: make me want to visit Euro end of this year , hahahaha.
Btw yesterday moon was round and bright with clear sky, anyone take the photo with D800 :p

Tiger-in-the-woods said:
Thanks bros for your likes and +ve comments.

Here's another pic with the D800.

Funny story, I started off from the back of the crowd and was literally pushed about. Next thing I knew, i was pushed to the front of the crowd and was facing the Mona Lisa in front of me! Very lucky indeed. Needless to say, I has a good time taking the picture and wish to share its beauty with all of u. Pity the reflective glass in front but I hope u like it :)

PS: My sincerest apologies for the copyright banner in front of the pic. Do imagine it not being there :) Thank you.
Very excited, coz I will be going to Europe in Sept with my d800, 16-35 and 50. Anymore picture to share ?

I wondering the polarizing filter can fix the reflection from glass?

Ps : My colleague in France said the picture they put there are fake copy, the real one are keep hidden outside museum.

OK, have :)

A flower shot. No pp. Just resized

No need for any comments from me. The photos tell the story :D

Taken with the 85 f1.4G
WGW_0344.jpg

Cropped. Focus is on the pink flower in the center.
WGW_0344crop.jpg

Was this pic (dynamic colors) captured due to the dynamic range advantage from D800 or just picture control?
For all I know is D800 give sharp image with rich details but at the cost of gigantic files. Avg > 40MB in size for raw.

Am I still right to say D700/D3s still the right way to go if high resolution big print is not require?

akagi07 said:
Was this pic (dynamic colors) captured due to the dynamic range advantage from D800 or just picture control?
For all I know is D800 give sharp image with rich details but at the cost of gigantic files. Avg > 40MB in size for raw.

Am I still right to say D700/D3s still the right way to go if high resolution big print is not require?

For D800 u can choose on uncompressed & 14bit of Raw for every single files output at 75~79.5MB per each.

Even after crop and made become 19inch screen wallpaper size or more large size an still can see much more amount of detailed.

Last edited:

The picture control was set to standard and no pp was done. So, yes the colour is basically from the D800 & 85mm lens combination.

As for the resolution, the benefit is more than just for big prints. The ability to crop and still have a great quality photo is an obvious advantage. And with large monitor screens in common usage, the ability to display the photo in all it's full glorious detail on a 27in monitor is just breathtaking. If you have the chance to view a full size JPG or TIFF file on a 27in Dell Ultra Sharp or Apple Thunderbolt, you will know what I mean :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Hi Beachboy

Good choice to bring the d800 along with u on ur upcoming trip.. i had no regrets :) Just take care of ur expensive equipment. Pics to share? too many :) But lets give other people a chance to post their d800 pics!

Polarizing filter would be helpful if u take pics outdoors.. Think u will still get gd amt of sunlight in Sept. U will see alot of leaves changing colour.. lucky you . But i'm not sure abt its use indoors.. anyway, the lighting conditions in the Louvre is not very bright so the use of a polariser is not recommended. But u can always try :)

The Mona Lisa is a fake?? Heard thatrumour somewhere but I like to think that that is real.. I think the Louvre would have some integrity.. so if they have that's the Mona Lisa, I take it as face value. But realistically, I dun blame them if that's a fake. A mighty good one I have to admit.

Do bring a zoom if the farthest u hav is only a 50mm.. u definitely need more. I used the 28-300mm for my trip.

All the best!

Very excited, coz I will be going to Europe in Sept with my d800, 16-35 and 50. Anymore picture to share ?

I wondering the polarizing filter can fix the reflection from glass?

Ps : My colleague in France said the picture they put there are fake copy, the real one are keep hidden outside museum.

Hi Eddie,
Like to know more about the yellowish face (tint?) with D700 in low light. I was about to buy the d700 bec its price has dropped due to new D800 in market hence want to know more .. tks