My fault of singnet fault. Please comment on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TS , as a young boy, should learn to talk properly. I think he has been watching too much TV.
- call customercare, first thing want to speak to the manager in charge. What the f does he think he is? Did he even talk to the customercare agent to attempt to resolve the issue? Prima donna.
- most issues with telco can be resolved amicably. Why is there a need to bang table and threaten to terminate at the slightest conflict. It sounds like a girl who would 一哭,二闹,三上吊。The TS must either be spoilt or weak.
- in Singapore, there is competition between telco, so telcos are already providing a very good service. Imagine one where the telco monopolize the market. You won't even have a premium when signing up for anything. And the customer service 采你都傻。So it is really a frog living in well.
- TS needs to know that nothing is free. The free notebook is actually factored into the cost of your 2 year contract. I believe that it is stipulated in the contract that any premature termination within the 2 years, you will have to pay back the notebook, even if the notebook breaks down after 1 year.

It makes me wonder how old the TS is. He is a student and can sign up for Internet. So can't be too young. I hope he is not from NUS/NTU/SMU, else I would seriously worry about the future of Singapore.

What's wrong with wanting to talk to the manager? I do that all the times.
don't bang table, they don't listen. Don't u know most of them are semi deaf!

Telco needs to know that they are providing a service, as well.
We are their customers, not suckers.

no wonder nowadays, everyone has a big title. Maybe the telco should call their customercare agents as customercare managers to handle customers like you who only want to talk to the managers.

Sometimes when I am overseas, I feel Singaporeans have the worst communication skills. It is not hard to see why when people's method of handling conflict is to bang table.

Erm which part of you are being sucked at?

Did singtel, in any way, fail to fulfilled their service requirement to you? Did they not provide you with internet service? did they not give you the freebies that comes along with the contract plan?

even if there is a delay in delivering the freebies to you, there is nowhere in the service agreement that they guarantee you a date line. Even in the event that there is indeed a line on the service agreement that states the delivery date, the freebies will be considered secondary non critical items. You do not suffer any lost as a result of the delay in delivery of the freebies.

You have clearly miss that point that the service agreement is to provide you with internet service. Your expectation on Singtel's is misplaced.

to be exact, you are a subscriber
! you are borrowing their bandwidth ! if you are not happy with the telco, subscribe with another one.

you are not buying a product, you are borrowing/loaning a service.

the telco company also dont give a damn about you, you are like paying what? $100 per month only? big deal. :rbounce::rbounce::rbounce:

Last edited:
[vid]BB_q9gP2kHs[/vid]

This is no movie.

This is real life experience which you probably will go through when you next go to buy your next handphone plan. :bsmilie:

Good luck and happy time! :bsmilie:

got Cantonese version?

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this thread! :bsmilie:

TS, time to crawl back into your immature shell and grow from there on. If you don't learn and grow your understandings, I bet that you'll try to complain every sh*t that hits you and you'll be spending hundreds of dollars to make complain calls till you understand what's black and white contract.

no wonder nowadays, everyone has a big title. Maybe the telco should call their customercare agents as customercare managers to handle customers like you who only want to talk to the managers.

Sometimes when I am overseas, I feel Singaporeans have the worst communication skills. It is not hard to see why when people's method of handling conflict is to bang table.
Unfortunately for me, I had too much experiences with staffs with not much experiences dealing with my situations. I prefer to speak to someone who had either dealt with my cases or my issues before. I do not think asking for a manager would be a big deal if the staff kept having to ask me to hold so she/he can refer this to her supervisor. Why not just go to the right person who can make the decision.

I do not know if singaporeans have the worst communication skills or not. But I have not encounter speaking to ppl about what I want. Other than different accents, I think ppl get the basic idea what I am trying to communicate.

to be exact, you are a subscriber
! you are borrowing their bandwidth ! if you are not happy with the telco, subscribe with another one.

you are not buying a product, you are borrowing/loaning a service.

the telco company also dont give a damn about you, you are like paying what? $100 per month only? big deal. :rbounce::rbounce::rbounce:

Excuse me, a customer is customer, regardless how much one pays. And my bill is more than a few thousands a month, I definitely think better services should be provided.

And if it is free, I will suck it up and say nothing.

Unfortunately for me, I had too much experiences with staffs with not much experiences dealing with my situations. I prefer to speak to someone who had either dealt with my cases or my issues before. I do not think asking for a manager would be a big deal if the staff kept having to ask me to hold so she/he can refer this to her supervisor. Why not just go to the right person who can make the decision.

I do not know if singaporeans have the worst communication skills or not. But I have not encounter speaking to ppl about what I want. Other than different accents, I think ppl get the basic idea what I am trying to communicate.

To set the records straight. I am not saying you cannot speak to the manager. If the staff handling your account is incompetent, there is every reason to talk to the next person in charge. I am just condemning TS own account to want to starightaway talk to the manager in charge, without first trying to address it via proper channel.

Erm which part of you are being sucked at?

Did singtel, in any way, fail to fulfilled their service requirement to you? Did they not provide you with internet service? did they not give you the freebies that comes along with the contract plan?

even if there is a delay in delivering the freebies to you, there is nowhere in the service agreement that they guarantee you a date line. Even in the event that there is indeed a line on the service agreement that states the delivery date, the freebies will be considered secondary non critical items. You do not suffer any lost as a result of the delay in delivery of the freebies.

You have clearly miss that point that the service agreement is to provide you with internet service. Your expectation on Singtel's is misplaced.

I am not the TS. I am merely sharing my experiences with the same telco.

I do not think that expecting my broadband at home to be faster than surfing with 3G using my mobile to be extremely asking too much of my Internet service provider.

I too feel singtel is having some problem providing customer serivice too for the fact that they are coming to my house for the 3rd saturday(last week) and could not get Mio TV + broadband working. Oso, the hotline is real hot and make blood boils.

However, to be fair, as per your encounter, I feel some delays might be inevitable due to the volume they are handling. My friend signed a line and got a ACER laptop free during last PC Show(not sure if it's called pc show)... and the he received letter to collect his laptop only a few days later(rather fast). Thus, as per you encounter, it should be a 1 off event that the lady just told you the standard waiting time but things got delayed due to volume. Try to be more understanding?

As long as you have put your signature on the contract, you are liable.

I too feel singtel is having some problem providing customer serivice too for the fact that they are coming to my house for the 3rd saturday(last week) and could not get Mio TV + broadband working. Oso, the hotline is real hot and make blood boils.

However, to be fair, as per your encounter, I feel some delays might be inevitable due to the volume they are handling. My friend signed a line and got a ACER laptop free during last PC Show(not sure if it's called pc show)... and the he received letter to collect his laptop only a few days later(rather fast). Thus, as per you encounter, it should be a 1 off event that the lady just told you the standard waiting time but things got delayed due to volume. Try to be more understanding?

As long as you have put your signature on the contract, you are liable.

eh? they ususally dun have their own technicians to go and fix for u one:think: normally they subcontract the stuff out to outside companies. generally, while they fix, i'll keep a watchful eye over them. when it comes to setting up systems, some of them just not too sure how to do it. bo bian i just gotta diy lor:sweat:

in singapore, all u get is ping pong games. be it moe, singtel and wadeva. its just a matter of whose stamina longer, and who has the side of law with them lor...:rolleyes:

as for TS case, since he didnt read before he sign... he doesnt have the side of law. pretty much a gone case already:rolleyes:

Not to mention that Singapore has got Olympic medal for ping pong..

guess it's a national spirit kind of thing.. Be grateful you got ping pong.. wait till you kena golf........

in singapore, all u get is ping pong games. be it moe, singtel and wadeva. its just a matter of whose stamina longer, and who has the side of law with them lor...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
eh? they ususally dun have their own technicians to go and fix for u one:think: normally they subcontract the stuff out to outside companies. generally, while they fix, i'll keep a watchful eye over them. when it comes to setting up systems, some of them just not too sure how to do it. bo bian i just gotta diy lor:sweat:

as for TS case, since he didnt read before he sign... he doesnt have the side of law. pretty much a gone case already:rolleyes:

wah, seems like you are bugged by Singtel...wahaha...yes, they send sub con here...1 sub-con for telephone line/ modem connectivity/signal and 1 for the connection. Then everytime you ask the technician something, he asks you to call the super hotline...asked them to call direct which would be faster, they sian me and say they don't have direct line as a subcon. Then next min, Singtel ppl call them to check on the progress. I am fine with this as there shd be some separate access for customers. Then after the 3rd week still can't fix, I ask them to take back the mio tv and the answer the operator gave me was since you have agreed on the mio tv, returning now is a break of contract...the only time I rem the operator told me about the mio tv was that:"are you interested to have the mio tv installed for free since you have upgraded your broadband speed?"...I agreed since it was free. But got real depressed after that coz every saturday I am waiting for the technician to come and waste my morning....this week is the next one... In this case, if they still can't fix, i'm gona tell them to bring back their mio tv since I haven't signed any agreement on the mio tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.