my boss/agent MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious.... is your company still operating and your boss just MIA or the company is at standstill because your boss MIA. Sorry if I too kapoh. I just curious what the situation is like there. I've read many reports that people just pack up and left. Leaving behind home, car etc... and tons of debt.

sorry... i cannot leak out so much info.. as it is my job(for now)...
conclusion = Boss MIA and i been sitting here online for whole day...
and i been online everyday..wahahha..
clubsnap is like my job now ..and also .. facebook... other forum..

how u think about it now ??

I think U can get a ticket and return liao
If not continue to work and not paid, very "loo-gi".
Even if it means paying for your own return ticket, as I doubt the company or your boss will be able to pay for you if they really run away.
Cut your loss early?

I think U can get a ticket and return liao
If not continue to work and not paid, very "loo-gi".
Even if it means paying for your own return ticket, as I doubt the company or your boss will be able to pay for you if they really run away.
Cut your loss early?

i still hav hope... we will try to call him in this few week time... if till end of the month still no answer...i think is time to go...

wish me luck...

Understood... Cause I've read a report that some staff actually pickup where the boss left and carried on operations as the company have contracts and are obligated to continue... maybe they "took over" the company???

Anyway, I wish you good luck.

sorry... i cannot leak out so much info.. as it is my job(for now)...
conclusion = Boss MIA and i been sitting here online for whole day...
and i been online everyday..wahahha..
clubsnap is like my job now ..and also .. facebook... other forum..

how u think about it now ??

Well, plan for your exit. You wont get paid anyway.

It is not difficult to look for people in spore., but even if you found him face to face, what can you do? if his company is folding in and he planed for his exit way in advance, even mom cant do much.

Do not think mom is the almighty pai kia. They also have to follow law and if the law has its loopholes, there is nothing much they can or will do to help individuals.

my coll been calling for whole day now... still no answer...

might need a held a meeting soon for this issue.. think will just take all his laptop and com and go back..wahahha... is this allow??

Is there a brick and mortar office in Singapore? Your contract may be with a Dubai registered entity, but if that entity owns assets in Singapore, that could be the subject of a claim.

Well, plan for your exit. You wont get paid anyway.

It is not difficult to look for people in spore., but even if you found him face to face, what can you do? if his company is folding in and he planed for his exit way in advance, even mom cant do much.....

Agreed. What can the TS do even if he finds the boss in SGP? No money also cannot pay.

i still hav hope... we will try to call him in this few week time... if till end of the month still no answer...i think is time to go...

wish me luck...

my coll been calling for whole day now... still no answer...

might need a held a meeting soon for this issue.. think will just take all his laptop and com and go back..wahahha... is this allow??

Time to stop work and cut loss liao, buy ticket to come back. your boss wont answer the call since he has already ran away.

read on ST that some people buy and max out the credit cards, leave car at airport and return to their countries as their companies closed down.

the thing is what can mom do? this is in dubai out of their jurisdiction. unless ts is working for a sg company that is in dubai. and even then what mom can do is very limited. best to talk to your boss' boss and then figure out the situation. contracts right now in dubai are just paper, ts you yourself know this since i'm sure since u're on the ground there and more aware of this than i am that execs and business men are just abandoning everything in dubai and just flying off thanks to the crunch. actually can i ask u something? how's the economic situation in dubai right now? is it business as usual or has everything ground to a halt? i know alot of construction projects now have completely stopped since the country has been so dependent on credit to get the financing for all the big building works...

at dubai its really bad!! trust me on that. major constructions are halt and some clients whom paid 50% deposit cant complete projects so got the $$ forfeited

chiu ish working there is it?

had dinner with a business man friend who had dealing there recently. i told him i wanted to head to dubai but he warned me against it and explained to me. well, i suppose its really bad because his wares are catered for the higher end hotels and all..:dunno: recession ah!!!

had dinner with a business man friend who had dealing there recently. i told him i wanted to head to dubai but he warned me against it and explained to me. well, i suppose its really bad because his wares are catered for the higher end hotels and all..:dunno: recession ah!!!

yeap dubai dun have its own oil so it counts on credit being its main cash flow. thanks to the crisis its all dried up now.:bsmilie:

we just got a news from a coll.. that saying our boss will be back in dubai on 10th... hope this is real.. then we need to talk with him...

he has a office in malaysia mayb in sg also...

I wish you all the best! Hope everything can be resolved.

Take care! God bless!

Grap all you can get in the office. Sell them get and get the hell out of there immediately!

thank for all the blessing.... i finally get the salary.. but it is not direct from him... he ask some1 to pass it to us...
and we still cannot get him...

some of the coll only get half a month... lucky i got full salary...

i guess this is bad?? izzit??

thank for all the blessing.... i finally get the salary.. but it is not direct from him... he ask some1 to pass it to us...
and we still cannot get him...

some of the coll only get half a month... lucky i got full salary...

i guess this is bad?? izzit??

You got the full salary, we call it a fortunate case in the unfortunate situation. But such an incident is a morale stopper. Unless you wish to be in more exciting situation again, personally will suggest you start thinking about your future :)

Your other colleagues that got half the salary will probably already have a good idea where they are heading for :)

Uncontactable superior in my point of view is absolutely unacceptable. It is the responsibility of the superior to be ahead of the employees and answer their doubts when it arise. Failure to do so shaken the confidence of the subordinates. It will be consider negligence if knowing there is already a hoohaa going on and yet he/she did not appear to salvage the situation and use a middleman to pass information. I totally see it as a irresponsible attitude in handling the case and on the verge of disappearance.

My 2 cents worth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.