My ACER notebook crashed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canew said:
Sjourn,

Woah! I hope that that will not be the case with me. So what notebook are you using now?

i dun trust Acer ( taiwan ) anymore when my ext CD/RW writer die 3 yrs ago after buying for 7 months.. i cant even write on a CD/RW even thru it stated it can..

haiz..

maybe they have change but i dun know..

OK,

Thanks guys. Heading off to Acer service center is in International Business Park now. Will update everyone on the outcome. Will keep it posted here. ;)

Sjourn said:
Just to share my experience , I bought a acer notebook a few years back, after the third month using it crashed, and kept crashing even after sending for service...reason I bought it was cheap with high specs...never again shall I buy acer....:(
I don't support any particular brand of computers but Acer notebooks are good value for money. Have been buying many Acer notebooks for my company and only needed to go back to Acer a few times due to rough handling by staff or hdd problems, which can happen to any brand. I think the quality of all notebooks are almost on par today, especially when they are all made in PRC.

I don't think it is fair to just slam Acer or any other brand because of one's personal experience. If anything, quality should be viewed at from a statistical perspective taken over time & with a sufficient sample size.

For e.g. there was a batch of IBM ThinkPads that died one after another in my office (lucky not mine :p). Should we all start condemning IBM? It was more likely that they had QA problems for that batch. I am now using an Acer & it is serving me nicely :).

I have personally used Compaq, HP, Acer, IBM & they rarely gave me problems.

panic said:
I don't think it is fair to just slam Acer or any other brand because of one's personal experience. If anything, quality should be viewed at from a statistical perspective taken over time & with a sufficient sample size.

For e.g. there was a batch of IBM ThinkPads that died one after another in my office (lucky not mine :p). Should we all start condemning IBM? It was more likely that they had QA problems for that batch. I am now using an Acer & it is serving me nicely :).

I have personally used Compaq, HP, Acer, IBM & they rarely gave me problems.

take it easy, it's just a matter of sharing experiences and personal opinions and not slamming....:cool:

Oops!! Did I sound angry? Didn't mean to *sheepish look*

Just didn't anyone to get the idea that any particular brand is unreliable. No need to panic (pun intended :p).

Peace all :).

Have sent my ACER to the Service Center. They told me that they will replace the damaged HDD (HITACHI Travelstar, made in Thailand) with a new one. Expected to collect it on Monday.

Canew said:
Have sent my ACER to the Service Center. They told me that they will replace the damaged HDD (HITACHI Travelstar, made in Thailand) with a new one. Expected to collect it on Monday.

good for ya mate. hope they do a good replacement job.:thumbsup:

Sjourn said:
good for ya mate. hope they do a good replacement job.:thumbsup:

Thanks bro. I hope so too. Getting it replaced is a hassle, but losing data is more depressing for me! :confused:

Also good luck to all everyone out there with a HDD! :D (everyone here in CS!)

Yes, my Acer laptop had the same problems last year. Totally decided not to load Windows at all and instead showed "Memory Checking..." everytime I switched it on. Must be due to over playing of computer games the day before.

Took it back to a shop and was diagnosed as motherboard problem, and had to spend $$$ to replace the whole motherboard. Luckily the HDD was perfectly fine and was readable via USB...

I've had a few acer notebooks before..
Think it's Acer 302, 551 & now 3002...
All had no problems and was very happy with them...

Now happy user of 3002...

gundugundu said:
haha I run my laptop on cf cards! ;p

shocked.gif
How did you do that? GOt any pictures to show us??

Ah! Got back my ACER just now. Now re-installing the softwares. But ALL my photos are gone! :cry:

+evenstar said:
shocked.gif
How did you do that? GOt any pictures to show us??

+evenstar,

There are industrial PCs that are running on CF cards instead of HDDs. The drawback is that there is a very limited space for saving files. I have seen those phamplets on these industrial PCs. Maybe gundugundu might have one set up for his PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.