mui thai or wushu stronger?

mui thai & wushu, which is stronger?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more history of Muay Thai vs Chinese Martial Arts found online.
http://crane.50megs.com/index6d.htm

Guess all martial arts have their strong and weak points, but the problem with most Chinese Martial Arts practitioners is that they lack real fight experiences. Most of them usually experienced their first real hard punch to the face on stage, which will be too much of a shock for them to take.

alamak, the match is already set. i am just asking for opinion on people's prediction on the outcome mah.:)

Is the confirmed match Sanda vs Muay Thai? If it's Sanda, it will only be similar style kickboxing vs Muay Thai and not Chinese Martial Arts vs Muay Thai.

武术 强身强体 basically for monk to cultivate a clam state of mind to study Buddhism... not for those money-making boxing-ring sport like muay thai .. boxing...

武术 强身强体 basically for monk to cultivate a clam state of mind to study Buddhism... not for those money-making boxing-ring sport like muay thai .. boxing...

Sadly, today's Shaolin 寺 is very much a money-making organisation & tourist attraction also.

like i mentioned in the start of this thread, i am not talking about moral issue or the objective of practicing martial arts.

Is the confirmed match Sanda vs Muay Thai? If it's Sanda, it will only be similar style kickboxing vs Muay Thai and not Chinese Martial Arts vs Muay Thai.

the papers only say er mei accepted the challenge.

I think wushu is just for show.
Muay thai sure wins.

not sure, but I think Muay Thai master have more real life fight experience than most Chinese Kong Fu master? As there are most such fight show activity in Thailand, where as less such activities in China (or there is some underground one?).

assuming that all is equal between the 2 exponents (age, mass, height, fighting experience), i think it will boil down to the duration and winning conditions of the match (strike score, takedown or knockout).

the aggressive nature of muay thai should result in a fast paced match, but if the match gets long drawn, the wushu figher should last longer. knockout rules will favour muay thai. strike score and takedowns should favour wushu.

the papers only say er mei accepted the challenge.

Shaolin reject the match (cos they know if they lost, it will be very malu and also they might know that their skill when down the drain long time ago lao) due to Religion stand of view. Shaolin wushu started by first Zen master Da mo. It ack as another form of ZEn not for violent use.

Wu Shu got the "Dian Xue" which can numb pressure point and cause opponent to freeze.

Wu Shu got the "Dian Xue" which can numb pressure point and cause opponent to freeze.

alamak, why use dian xue when got buddah godly palm, subdue dragon 18 palm, spring finger god gong:bsmilie::bsmilie:

too bad there's no more gladiator-styled death match in this modern times... else we can find out which martial art is the strongest.

If Bruce Lee was around in his tip-top form, nobody would stir up controversy with such challenges. Everyone knows he's the guy to beat, and the guy that nobody has beaten. :thumbsup:

If Bruce Lee was around in his tip-top form, nobody would stir up controversy with such challenges. Everyone knows he's the guy to beat, and the guy that nobody has beaten. :thumbsup:

How about his teacher? Ip Man, right?

Will not comment on other related issues but..

Wushu Sanda does not restrict to a particular school per se, which means that they'll learn Muay Thai moves on top of others, including grappling, etc. For the uninitiated, its not the flowery 'patterns' most may be more familiar with. For eg, this is Sanda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcnT3Mx-ZTU

If in this competition, Muay Thai guys can only use a set of 'official' moves, then they are 'disadvantaged'.

Of course, end of day still depend on individual practitioner, they're not machines can tune to be same level, then compete.

Bruce Lee had never really fought in fighting competitions, so no one knows how good he would be against real fighting professionals.

He probably won most of his streetfighting and challenges though.

Bruce Lee had never really fought in fighting competitions, so no one knows how good he would be against real fighting professionals.

He probably won most of his streetfighting and challenges though.

I think if anyone needs to compare, it should be a 'street fight' w/o any set of rules/restrictions (less the weapons), and whoever who can think fast and smart enough, attack fast enough and at the right places, and make use of whatever's at the scene to help them while fighting(walls/props) will come out victorious. I'm still betting on the traditional chinese form of martial arts, not wushu (they are for show).

And also, about that comment about Shaolin not participating the competition so that they don't have to reveal how good/bad they actually are; if you've taken martial arts, you know that they are only for self-defense purposes, you have a responsibility, at at no point of time should you be willingly trying to hurt someone else in the name of competition. It's like carrying a gun, people keep in for self-defense, why would anyone want to have a gun-fight with someone else and hurt them for no good reason?

And as always, most competition are done purely in the name of sport and fun, it's hard to compare different styles of fighting arts unless both parties go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.