mui thai or wushu stronger?

mui thai & wushu, which is stronger?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
may be i watch too much movies, but i thought tech advance faster without peace?:think:

may be i watch too much movies, but i thought tech advance faster without peace?:think:

peace/war is in the human genes.
tech advancement just make it easier and faster to realise peace/war at different scales.

just like photography. skills are still the same (composition, lighting, artistics touchs) except now you can shoot 20MP / 10fps / ISO 12800 etc. if no skill, still no good photo!

Tech advance is man's inovation in creation.
However the primary lesson that man has to learn
is to love one another.

Man loves to compete and it is in this activity
that sooner or later lead to hatred and other
unwanted behavior. Some say win or lose
does not matter but it is not always the case.

Man did not know that love is the Supreme
Power and Good. For when man learn to love
one another man does not need anything else.
If man does not have love nothing else will
be enough.

Love draws all things including creations to it.
Man always is in fear and guilt and he does not
know that the power to his world is the expression
of his love not his own supremcy over others.

:heart::)

any video clips?

I just stumble onto this thread and would like to say a few things. I witnessed this kind of match in the late 70s , the Muay Thai challenged the Kung Fu.

I learnt Kung Fu since young and my dad was a Shaolin Kung Fu practitioner. From the beginning we knew Kung Fu will loose to Muay Thai...why? It was the fighting rules , all rules were base on the boxing ring and the Kung Fu masters were asked to wear gloves.

The MT were trained for years hitting with a pair of gloved fist, wherelse the Kung Fu were trained with all kinds of "Fa Shou" Flower Hands. Basically they were asking the KF master to tie their hands and fight. We saw almost every KF opponent being knocked down untill the famous (if I remember right) Wong Ngok Fei who used to shaved bricks with his bare hands refused to wear anything when his turn came. The Muay Thai guy refused to fight with him for fear of his famous bare hands or for break of rules we don't know.

To us there is only one way to know and that is no rules. The Thai can use all the gloves and knees they want and the Kung Fu can use all the fists or finger jabs they want including eye jabs. Fight the way they were trained, be ready to die. And also no boxing ring, boxers have always used the enclosed ropes to their advantage. Muay Thai were trained to knock out, Kung Fu have training to go for the kill. With no rules you will see Muay thai wouldn't be so aggresive.

I have seen some famous Tai Chi master in action, the late Master Liew of Kuching the direct student to grand master Wong Shin Kin ( spelled as pronounce in Cantonese) had a demo in my house with my younger bro' who is a Wing Chun and Tai Chi master. My bro were asked to chop as hard as he can onto his throat and Master Liew took it like nothing. Now some of you please tap your throat and see how you feel. Next I saw (or literally didn't see) the best demo yet, Master Liew asked my bro to hit him anywhere as fast as he could. Now my bro was fast, very fast and very strong too, he shot out a punch at the jaw of Master Liew and flash!! , the Master swept his punch off and gave my bro a slap which we saw the 5 finger mark.

I have known a few Tai Chi Masters that took on a few good fighters and literally swiped them off just like that.

Back to the TS topic, Muay Thai were trained as a sport, Kung Fu were trained as an art , a defense art. People who always want to compare this two are people who just don't understand the nature of this sport and art.

It is like a photograher challenging an oil artist who can come out with a better picture.

It total diff form of art, IMHO.

It just like camera, choose the one that suit u most and fully utilize it

we may never know the real thing since there will always be rules, look at the fights, its totally different from the real mui thai. quite disappointing actually.

Saw some knees being thrown in the fight, along with grappling moves so I guess the rules are pretty fair and don't disadvantage/advantage anyone.

My 2 cents:
I think overall MT are better conditioned for fights due to their athletic training and extensive real fight experience. Read somewhere that MT prize fighters fight 1-2 fights per-week, while western boxers may only fight a few a year.
Traditional Chinese kungfu practitioners lack physical conditioning and actual fight experience; which is why Bruce Lee was so revolutionary: he combined athletic training with fluid, non-fixed fighting style. Just look at his body, WOW.
Kyokushin karate was another to drop kata and emphasize solely on conditioning and actual fighting; the founder Mas Oyama went challenging all other fighters around the world to really test himself. Ryu from Street Fighter was actually based on him.

But in the end, a good kick to the b*lls = WIN.

More to come. Since the home ground advantage is at china, why not do an away team to thailand again. Anyway, like what the fighting style is "san dan Vs MT " its more like Street fighting. Pulling legs and etc. Anyway .. in the match, everyting goes. there is not time for one to act "graceful" ... just WACK ...

watched the first video at the links above.

it seems the fighters were not so keen to exchange kicks and punches but to throw the other onto the ground. is this how they count the score?

If so it is hard to say this result is tells us which form is stronger since I doubt both were formulated to throw people onto the ground, but more kicks and punches to KO.

Throws are legal and encouraged in sanda, especially the leg grab-throw. Don't really see throws in MT though.

Throws are legal and encouraged in sanda, especially the leg grab-throw. Don't really see throws in MT though.

it's a technique but sometimes it really spoil the fight. u can always see sanda fighters running around and simply find opportunity to throw people off the ground just to gain points.

unless there is ground fight which is another thing.

~~ muay thai? wushu?

eat my gun ~~

*flashes the imba nuclear launcher*

hasta la vista babe;D

As expected, they were fighting based on rules and were attacking base on what points to win. Any extremely fit and strong person can just go and fight.

Lets see how Chunk Norris humble himself
during this movie or is it that he agreed to the verdict
just for the pocket and entertainment purposes?

Chunk Norris should be still around while the boss of
the movie had long been gone but remembered for the
break he had given to the kung fu movie industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.