MRT. Pretty, yet dangerous

It was many years ago when I overslept in an out of service train and ended up locked inside the train at Bishan depot, apparently no one woke me up or checked the train for passengers either. :bsmilie:

I have experienced the same with SBS bus - except I was on double decker, top level, with my parents taking a scenic ride to nowhere from one terminal to another. And we are treated to a visit to a bus depot (the bus was taken out from route because it is no longer peak hour). It was during the day.

It was many years ago when I overslept in an out of service train and ended up locked inside the train at Bishan depot, apparently no one woke me up or checked the train for passengers either. :bsmilie:
OMG serious? :eek: Then you only woke up next morning when the train start moving again?

Isn't Bishan MRT a famous place in the S. G. Stories......

were you scared.......? Maybe the driver saw you but quickly made an exit since that place is famous for ******......... you muz be wearing completely white or black isit..

please, why would i need to plant a bomb when all i need is a guy strapped with explosives to walk into the train happily.

can that be stopped? not really.

please, why would i need to plant a bomb when all i need is a guy strapped with explosives to walk into the train happily.

I do noticed at Pioneer and Chinese Garden MRT station that the "security" knock off at 8 p.m on weekdays. And they don't work on sunday. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Kindly dont make too many suggestion to raise the MRT fare. Skali they say install "better security" means taking alot of money and paying for monkeys that dont really do their job. The fact is not many people can survive doing night sentry, some will keng here keng there in the end still the same.

Let's not forget that the intrusion is a well planned job by the supposedly vandalism filled SWISSMEN. Given the circumstances and what MRT depots have for security per se, no matter how it was implemented, is it enough to stop the SWISSMEN from committing the silly act?, which most likely will land them in deep trouble now.

My point is, i fully agreed without any doubt that security is of paramount importance in any public facility that we have in Singapore, especially transportation, but with such SWISSMEN around out to cause trouble upon themselves, how could we prevent such ignorant acts????

My two cents worth..

hmm. then why now sg still not blown to smitereens yet ar?:sweat:
its not easy to catch as u had raised, but it will certainly limit the scope of what the guys can do. well protected mrt depots will eliminate one possibility there already

its like... u installed window grilles in ur house for protection. sure that fellow who wants to break in can break in easy, just take big hammers and tools. but it makes a difference, slight as it may be to us, but to the other side who wants to try bombing/breaking in, it means a lot.

Last edited:
hmm. then why now sg still not blown to smitereens yet ar?:sweat:
its not easy to catch as u had raised, but it will certainly limit the scope of what the guys can do. well protected mrt depots will eliminate one possibility there already

its like... u installed window grilles in ur house for protection. sure that fellow who wants to break in can break in easy, just take big hammers and tools. but it makes a difference, slight as it may be to us, but to the other side who wants to try bombing/breaking in, it means a lot.

because they can't be bothered, we are a small dot.

blow up singapore achieve what? you think too much.

and just fyi, the tube has loads of non-underground stations that have been defaced time and time again.

so what you are saying is that, when got graffiti, means got security risk. wherever can draw graffiti can plant bomb.

true, but look at it this way, any terrorist would have infinitely more reason to bomb london than a small little red dot. i don't see exploding underground trains any time recently because of bombs placed on tracks.

in 2005 infamous attacks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

bombs were set off via backpacks. why go to the trouble to ninja into train depot, when all you need to do is carry a backpack?

Last edited:
and just fyi, the tube has loads of non-underground stations that have been defaced time and time again.

so what you are saying is that, when got graffiti, means got security risk. wherever can draw graffiti can plant bomb.

true, but look at it this way, any terrorist would have infinitely more reason to bomb london than a small little red dot. i don't see exploding underground trains any time recently because of bombs placed on tracks.

in 2005 infamous attacks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

bombs were set off via backpacks. why go to the trouble to ninja into train depot, when all you need to do is carry a backpack?

hmm. so is ur stand that lax security is ok? i can't figure out where ur coming from. ur reasoning is along the lines of that terrorists can carry bombs instead of planting at depots. but my take is that depots are still a valid target and could be used,especially when if u land it at the right depot, u could cripple the mrt system, causing pretty much a lot of ppl dun need work and etc. hence there is a need for improved security. perhaps u may need to clarify, cause i'm still lost:embrass: ps ar, still trying to catch the ball:embrass:

and as far as we know now, we are a target.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1057648/1/.html

and planting a bomb on a mrt is a viable means. thats all i'm suggesting lar. its possible so dun rule out. while looks improbable, its still there.

edit: did u mean that terrorists would prefer suicide attempts to depots?

Last edited:
edit: did u mean that terrorists would prefer suicide attempts to depots?

yes.

from precedent cases.

i can see many reasons why: a suicide bomber is less stoppable than a deposited bomb, which might still be discovered and stopped.

you have to understand the reasons and logic for terrorism, in particular the type and modus operandi of the variety of terrorism that singapore is more likely to be subjected to.

yes.

from precedent cases.

i can see many reasons why: a suicide bomber is less stoppable than a deposited bomb, which might still be discovered and stopped.

you have to understand the reasons and logic for terrorism, in particular the type and modus operandi of the variety of terrorism that singapore is more likely to be subjected to.

Anywhere that's crowded is a good place to attack...and with brainwashing techniques, suicidal bombers can't wait to serve gods.. So, most likely they are not interested in some underground trains...they want Orchard road:D

yes.

from precedent cases.

hmm. perhaps perhaps. good point to note on the preference on their method.

if it was me (i'm stating a hypothetical argument. i do not want the isa knocking on my door the next moment), i'll aim for depots. sg has a network based on mrt, blow up a depot u are very crippled.

yet blowing up a station does the same thing too:think:

k i'm lost in thoughts. dun mind me here:bsmilie:

terrorists are interested in creating terror.

you blow up 5 mrt trains, big fat deal, people will talk about it, and then go back to sleep.

terror involves blood, dead people.

terrorists are interested in creating terror.

you blow up 5 mrt trains, big fat deal, people will talk about it, and then go back to sleep.

terror involves blood, dead people.

like hiroshima?:bsmilie: