Montage 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you check your scores? I sent email but they never respond leh :dunno:

raptor84 said:
Hah my photos all scored damn low .. judges dont like my style :)

nicholas68 said:
I just happeened to see a blank page on my laptop. Two link on the booton of the page, one to buy ticket and the other also a blank pages.

Blank page?
The website requires flash to be installed.

The Seminar will take place this
Sat, 3rd June @ Suntec Singapore Level 2, Theatre
featuring Eddie Sung, Geoff Ang and Stefen Chow.

If you wish to attend tickets are still available at the door(frm 11.30am onwards).
It would be convenient if you wanna visit PC show too.;)

blowing my trumpet here...:embrass:

I think both geoff and eddie are very intriguing speakers... buy 2 speakers, get me for free....:)

One of my entries got a merit award in open category! :D

Timber Wolf said:
As for the exhibited one, it's this one.
87799837_6613b2b3ed_o.jpg

QX

Timberwolf, could you enlighten why do you think this photo is relevant to the theme. Think and look hard at it, failed to see what is " behind the Seen" about this photo

You scored 11?

The seminar tickets can still be purchased at Suntec Singapore Level 2 Corridor on Friday, 2 June 2006 from 6pm - 9pm. Alternatively, you can purchase the tickets outside Suntec Singapore Theatre Level 2 on Saturday, 3 June 2006 from 11am - 12pm.

Thanks for the comments =)
I believe this picture relates to the theme as many people do not know, or even care less about how cats live their lives. Often, what happens occurs Behind the Seen. (yay. Theme mentioned!) I take an interest, and followed this kitten as it grew up. It lost its mum just the day before I took this shot and I think that it exemplifies what the kitten felt.

QX

it's rather more of how u write the description that helps score. the below photo taken by my friend is also selected as an exhibit. how it got selected, i've absolutely no idea.

156454367_35603ff0da.jpg

I would say a picture with a simple title speaks more than a thousand words. If one has to rely on a description to bring forward his ideas, the photographer has failed in communicating with the viewer.

+evenstar said:
it's rather more of how u write the description that helps score. the below photo taken by my friend is also selected as an exhibit. how it got selected, i've absolutely no idea.

156454367_35603ff0da.jpg

fyi, the judges were not given descriptions of the photos when we were judging. We were making the assessment based on the pictures alone...

rexlim said:
One of my entries got a merit award in open category! :D

Ohh... so it's you. Lovely pic. My friend and I were admiring (no pun intended) it =)

QX

Timber Wolf said:
Ohh... so it's you. Lovely pic. My friend and I were admiring (no pun intended) it =)

QX
Tank-Q, TW!:)
Btw wat's ur real name? Which is ur winning pic?

+evenstar said:
his pic is "Taking a break in Little India" for Distinguished, and "Sad eyes" for exhibition

both under students' category
Tank-Q, +evenstar!

Here's my take :)

conform2.jpg

Only got selected for exhibition ... Too many masters out there ... too pro already ... No fight man ...

Those that got awards really :thumbsup: Congrats :)

Words, or at least a one-liner, helps to accentuate a picture and guide the viewer along. It's a subtle nudge, in a slight sense.

Not all pictures work well alone, that's why there's something called photo-essays. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.