Monitor Calibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do u guys think that I need a monitor calliberator or a printer profiler?

my problem is everytime I print out pictures there's seems to hv more yellow / yellowist overcast. however, I am statisfied with the color that I see on my screen. In other word what I see on the screen is not what I get on the print out.

my printer is canon ip4200.

Cheerz....
If you wish to have both go get the ColorVision Spyder2suite or Spyder2PRO. Both products include a printer profiling software called PrintFIX PLUS which you can use to adjust your printer settings with.

The GretagMacbeth options are much more dearer so dont look that way if you're not into serious high profile printing.

i wouldnt know about you guys ?

i havent seen a list on the prices of calibrators ? so maybe you guys wanna initiate it ? Personally, i've used Huey before. but hey. isnt huey made by Pantone ?

i am looking for a colour calibrator thou...haha. cant always use my buddy's set.. :bsmilie:

Spyder Pro 2: $535, Eye One Display 2: $470 (previously). Quoted from CP. Apparently, CP dun have Eye-1. Where can I find?

Is Monaco Optix XR Pro so powerful?

CP dun have Eye-1. Where can I find?

Since X-Rite bought over GretagMacbeth, maybe should contact the local X-Rite office and ask them where we can find & buy Eye-One products.

Its so powerful that X-Rite have now dropped the product from its line-up and replaced it with the Eye-One Display2. Try and get it before it goes out of stock.

I've tried the non-PRO version and I already find it excellent. The PRO version will no doubt be of higher quality.

Since X-Rite bought over GretagMacbeth, maybe should contact the local X-Rite office and ask them where we can find & buy Eye-One products.

Its so powerful that X-Rite have now dropped the product from its line-up and replaced it with the Eye-One Display2. Try and get it before it goes out of stock.

I've tried the non-PRO version and I already find it excellent. The PRO version will no doubt be of higher quality.

Any idea on the cost of X-Rite? And also, I had no idea where the local office is located at. I did went to the site and check but I think my eye blur.. cannot see it at all.. lol

Spyder Pro 2: $535, Eye One Display 2: $470 (previously). Quoted from CP. Apparently, CP dun have Eye-1. Where can I find?

Yes indeed, The Monaco Optix XR Pro has a very user friendly, yet versatile software interface. The color puck is of better quality and is very accurate. Unfortunately, X-rite no longer interested in Monaco products.Thus even if you can get one, you will not get the support.

Any idea on the cost of X-Rite? And also, I had no idea where the local office is located at. I did went to the site and check but I think my eye blur.. cannot see it at all.. lol

The Monaco Optix XR Pro costs around $560 with GST. And that is if you can get it. As I said before, it was backordered about 2-3 weeks ago.

Gretag Macbeth/Pantone/X-rite is one big happy family. Currently, there are only two players in the world of color calibration devices: them and Datacolor.

I found X-rite on the webby and I had no idea which is the product I should be lookin at. Is it ProfileMaker 5 PhotoStudio? Or am I wrong?

Edit: I think you guys must be mentioning this X-Rite Manaco OPTIX Pro . Had sent an email to both area for quotation.

I found X-rite on the webby and I had no idea which is the product I should be lookin at. Is it ProfileMaker 5 PhotoStudio? Or am I wrong?

Edit: I think you guys must be mentioning this X-Rite Manaco OPTIX Pro . Had sent an email to both area for quotation.
Yes its the Monaco OPTIX PRO but I doubt they will sell theirs with warranty cause X-Rite have already withdrawn the product.

Yes its the Monaco OPTIX PRO but I doubt they will sell theirs with warranty cause X-Rite have already withdrawn the product.

Yeap...I second to this. That's also the reason why I bought the Eye-One Display 2 instead. These devices are electronics, anything can happen internally.

actually they no longer sell the Optix Pro since 31st December 2006...that's why you don't see it on their website...but they will support if for I think 3 yrs...I think I read it from their website previously...

actually they no longer sell the Optix Pro since 31st December 2006...that's why you don't see it on their website...but they will support if for I think 3 yrs...I think I read it from their website previously...
Yes support continues for 3 years, thats if you bought it by 31Dec2006 with valid local warranty.

I managed to find EYE-ONE Display 2 at the cost of S$399 nett. Will be collecting from the local company soon.

Actually I just realised my monitor Viewsonic VA902b has a sRGB setting, quite useful if u dont have a colour calibrator.

ah good, so by adjusting the sRGB setting we can get a well profiled/calibrated monitor. :think:

Oh. Forgotten to ask the warranty. LOL. But I getting either tmr or so depending on my work schedule. This is the site that I found

The only that I get through is Bits & Bytes Marketing Pte. Ltd. As for CP, they push for Spyder Pro 2 thou. :cool:

did you happen to enquire the price of Eye One Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.