Modification of Nikon TC-16A For D50/70/80/80/200/300

EXIF reading, after the IC-chip modification:
8591451399_b8dfa98b33_c.jpg

Hi Huggable, thanks for the fast and quick modification of my TC16A. It works perfectly after change the aperture control to aperture ring.

Hi Huggable, Just to check with you. Why the TC16A after modification the exposure is consistently overexposed by 1.5 stops? I thought that the camera body is able to meter the exposure with the TC on.

Hi Daniel,

Just saw your posts. Your TC was tested ok with my D90 and your D600, and the metering was ok.

Nevertheless, pls contact me, I can help you check if there are problems.

Hi Huggable, Just to check with you. Why the TC16A after modification the exposure is consistently overexposed by 1.5 stops? I thought that the camera body is able to meter the exposure with the TC on.

Hi Huggable,

You got PM.

Bump up old thread for a great mod.

Up for a great mod.
Works as expected on D2 & D3 series and even with the old D1 series bodies.
Aperture of F1.0 no issue to me, tweaked exposure by -0.3 to -0.7 and all set.
I leave the aperture control at sub-command dial instead of by aperture ring as I shoot wide open with my Nikkor 300mm f2.8 ais and Tamron Adaptall-2 300mm f2.8 lenses all the time.

Thanks Huggable.

Hi Ahmad, you're welcomed. Glad to know that the TCs are put to good use after the mod.

Up for a great mod.
Works as expected on D2 & D3 series and even with the old D1 series bodies.
Aperture of F1.0 no issue to me, tweaked exposure by -0.3 to -0.7 and all set.
I leave the aperture control at sub-command dial instead of by aperture ring as I shoot wide open with my Nikkor 300mm f2.8 ais and Tamron Adaptall-2 300mm f2.8 lenses all the time.

Thanks Huggable.

Reviving this dead thread but, has anyone fmgot the contact dets of Huggable by any chance please? I am interested in a modified tc-16a and wanted to ask how much it would cost. 😁 Thanks

I am also interested in a modified tc-16a and wanted to ask how much it would cost. Regards, Mack

Sorry for the "disappearance" due to family commitments. I've replied both your PMs.

Last edited: