Models and photo shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't play the "I'm just a little girl so go easy on me" card.

I don't think you should expect to be treated any differently just because you are a girl. This sub-forum is for "paid workshops and shoots" not for advertisements, which is what you are doing.

Go put a post in Kopitiam if you want to post an advertisement.

So many girls think they can just bat their eyelashes and expect preferential treatment, especially when they are banking on their looks.

Gravemaid said:
Anyways, there's no point arguing with a grown up man who pick on 23yr old girls like me. :)

CanonUser said:
I don't think you should expect to be treated any differently just because you are a girl. This sub-forum is for "paid workshops and shoots" not for advertisements, which is what you are doing.

Go put a post in Kopitiam if you want to post an advertisement.

Pardon my ignorance. You mean "paid workshops and shoots" are not advertisenents?

Are not the people who organise these "paid workshops and shoots" advertising their "wares".

In any case, the kopitiam section is meant for advertisement?

Organizing a model shoot is a lot harder that it looks. We are lucky here at CS that we have a number of superb organizers (Charby, Modelshooterz, Kirk, Ahv, etc, etc). The shoots are reasonably priced (mostly) and a fun way to spend a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday. I know the few shoots that I have attended have helped me sharpen my skills - and I have I met some really nice people.

IMHO, Gravemaid should have waited until she had the details worked out. Preposting is just asking for trouble. OK, you get some nimbles and feedback but now everyone is waiting for something spectacular. If she doesn't deliver and deliver soon - a lot of face will be lost. Perhaps, this is one of the mistakes of youth.

Gravemaid said:
Hi all!

I'm an ex-model and currently own a design and talent firm. I will be organizing themed photography sessions featuring some of the freshest talents in town.

Most of my models are professional dancers who have keen sense towards sensual body movements and posing, so for those who would like to experiment your photography techniques with creative models, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!

During my shoots, you can expect exclusivity because they are usually 1 to 1 OR 2 to 1. This is to ensure that the photographer will achieve the best and original shots and no 2 photographer will have the same shots of the model in the same pose.

My photography sessions will start around the end of October and I look forward to your support!

Loverly,
Lydia

for a starter i think it's great that you've put considerations into choice of models, and the 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 grouping is good also (though 1 to 1 is always better for more interaction, gives the photog room for direction as well)

look forward to more details, all the best.

Gravemaid said:
ok thank you for your comments.

haha dun even bother to argue with deadpoet, cause you will never win ! hahaha :bsmilie: just ignore him :bsmilie: , think there are other threads saying if we should have a poll on whether deadpoet is rude or not :bsmilie:

Guys ... forgive me for saying this but I think we're wayyyy off topic. Let's all move on and wait and see what she has to offer.

Gravemaid said:
Hi all!

I'm an ex-model and currently own a design and talent firm. I will be organizing themed photography sessions featuring some of the freshest talents in town.

Most of my models are professional dancers who have keen sense towards sensual body movements and posing, so for those who would like to experiment your photography techniques with creative models, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!

During my shoots, you can expect exclusivity because they are usually 1 to 1 OR 2 to 1. This is to ensure that the photographer will achieve the best and original shots and no 2 photographer will have the same shots of the model in the same pose.

My photography sessions will start around the end of October and I look forward to your support!

Loverly,
Lydia

Finally, someone has come up with this wonderful idea -- dancers, themed shoots, and exclusivity.

For years, I've noticed many S'porean photographers doing group model shoots, and worse, so often doing and repeating pretty-girl-smiling-in-the-park-wearing-fashion themes. Some of these characters carry a top grade camera and label themselves as pros... woah... that's just "great".

I look forward to seeing something which rocks and kicks ass!

Jemapela said:
Finally, someone has come up with this wonderful idea -- dancers, themed shoots, and exclusivity.

For years, I've noticed many S'porean photographers doing group model shoots, and worse, so often doing and repeating pretty-girl-smiling-in-the-park-wearing-fashion themes. Some of these characters carry a top grade camera and label themselves as pros... woah... that's just "great".

I look forward to seeing something which rocks and kicks ass!

Yeah, for a "learner" like me, I am pretty bored with those routine kind of shoot. Some dancers, themed shoots and yes! exclusivity would be fantastic. Marvellous idea.

Of course, there are those who go to the extreme - like some B&W blurr stuff and ask-you- to-guess-what-it-is type and they call it art

smallaperture said:
Of course, there are those who go to the extreme - like some B&W blurr stuff and ask-you- to-guess-what-it-is type and they call it art

Sorry Lydia.

Way, way, OT. But I had to reply to this post!

My reply?

The comments are so *!?&^%+@^&()_ that it I wonder what is going on in the !@#$%^&*()_+?????

Hahaha,

Hey student,

Till today, I still can't define what is ART... in everyone's eye

So I find shoot for money is more practical…. You want to see my shot? Can! Pay me money loh. Hahahahhah.

========
Sorry to Lydia and everyone for the OT.

Gravemaid could be doing some people a favour - if you cannot get keepers in a 1:1 shoot with dancers doing ?exotic? moves then maybe one should contemplate just looking at the show and forget about clicking the shutter. It is always good to know where your limits are - you could either rise above them or live within them. Any one has the link to her page in diviantart ?

catchlights said:
Hahaha,

Hey student,

So I find shoot for money is more practical…. You want to see my shot? Can! Pay me money loh. Hahahahhah.

========

If one cannot define what is "ART" , then how can one say what is not "ART"? Some people are very good at shooting themselves in the foot!

Please continue to shoot for your money. You must learn to be very good to please your pay master!

If you want ME to see your photos, you have first to pay me! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: I just might look at your photos. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Hahaha,

Hey student,

========

$$$ is not funny, its a rich man's world.....................

student said:
If one cannot define what is "ART" , then how can one say what is not "ART"? Some people are very good at shooting themselves in the foot!

Please continue to shoot for your money. You must learn to be very good to please your pay master!

If you want ME to see your photos, you have first to pay me! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: I just might look at your photos. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Hahahah, that's right, everyone have to pay you first to let you take a look at them...

If one day nobody want to buy my photos... than maybe I should call all my photos are ART liao....... :bsmilie:

student said:

If you want ME to see your photos, you have first to pay me! : :bsmilie: I just might look at your photos. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
ART - according to the dictionary is: a visual object or experience consciously created through an expression of skill or imagination.
To me, true ART is a religion. You either believe it or you don't. Like religion there are many ppl in between the both ends and end up disenchanted and disillusioned. Instead of enjoying and believing in the religion (Art), they follow the instructions of the superiors (ppl whom they think know more about the religion (or Art) than they themselves believe in). Of course thru real studying and intercourses with more "superiors (some are more real than others) one should be able to formulate one's idea of the religion (or Art).
As such, are movies from Stephen Chow, Jackie Chan, etc ... true art? To many ppl they are because they are willing to pay good $$$ to see their movies. Then again there are lesser ppl who r willing to take unpaid leave and time, as well as to travel great distances just to queue up to see a artpiece in a faraway place ... is that true art?
Life's too short .... no need to define la .... just enjoy what's available to us .... our time or money. :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Ehhh, religion is about the explanation of what will happen after we die...
To me, nothing will happen after i die .... i just gone .... that's all. Things happen only when we are around. When we are around, we should do good things and treat every things (including nature, animals, plants, etc) with respects. Why cant we live life when we are alive but spend our life finding an answer to what will happen after we are gone? ....
to me, art is the same, those things that i appreciate as art will still be art to me when i m alive, n if i am gone, it's no more art to me ....
As such, to me at least, religion or Art is only a Belief.
plse dont flame me, this is juz my thought .... :dunno:

Canonised said:
As such, to me at least, religion or Art is only a Belief.
plse dont flame me, this is juz my thought .... :dunno:

I won't flame you.

I respect your rights to your opinion. We may not agree, but I will not tell what "art" should be.

My question is, if it is only a belief, something very personal, why then do you cast cynicism on how others perceive art? Are you then not respecting others opinions on what "art" is?

Status
Not open for further replies.