Models and photo shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravemaid said:
Define lame.

lame = calling someone else lame without any good reason.

Gravemaid said:
Define lame.
This forum is not a place for advertisements/marketing - a post with no details. That's lame.

Also, I fail to see the humor in your deviantART webpage: Interests: I taxidermise babies.

I dun find that funny. I thought gothic was out of style.

r52lanc said:
This forum is not a place for advertisements/marketing - a post with no details. That's lame.

Also, I fail to see the humor in your deviantART webpage: Interests: I taxidermise babies.

I dun find that funny. I thought gothic was out of style.

In that case, this thread is not meant for you.

Gravemaid said:
In that case, this thread is not meant for you.
Lydia, as a potential organiser with absolutely no track record, it's not a good idea to be so combative and abrasive on the board. Afterall, you are trying to convince the forum members to part with some of there hard earned money to join your shoot. Pissing people off is not a good way to start.

Many organisers failed, a few succeeded. Those failed have beautiful models too. Just a bit of food for thoughts.

Deadpoet said:
Lydia, as a potential organiser with absolutely no track record, it's not a good idea to be so combative and abrasive on the board. Afterall, you are trying to convince the forum members to part with some of there hard earned money to join your shoot. Pissing people off is not a good way to start.

Many organisers failed, a few succeeded. Those failed have beautiful models too. Just a bit of food for thoughts.

there's nothing combative and abrasive in her reply to robert. it's a free world, robert can choose not to take part in her shoots, but isit really necessary to get personal about her interests? if anything, robert's initial post in this thread was inflammatory and not constructive.

As I read this thread, it's obvious who is on whose side.

It's best to keep this thread as is intended. Gravemaid is here to announce courteously of her upcoming model shoot (if any). For those who are interested, you should just wait for her formal shoot announcement, no need to post your interest here, since I don't think she will inform the people who post their interest here. For those who feel that this announcement is not appropriate, you should also formally notify the forum administrator for him/her to decide if that is the case. Posting here will not get any attention from the forum admin and only causes misunderstandings.

Peace.

pianodancer said:
As I read this thread, it's obvious who is on whose side.

It's best to keep this thread as is intended. Gravemaid is here to announce courteously of her upcoming model shoot (if any). For those who are interested, you should just wait for her formal shoot announcement, no need to post your interest here, since I don't think she will inform the people who post their interest here. For those who feel that this announcement is not appropriate, you should also formally notify the forum administrator for him/her to decide if that is the case. Posting here will not get any attention from the forum admin and only causes misunderstandings.

Peace.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I'm keen to see what Gravemaid has to offer to CS community as well.

zaren said:
there's nothing combative and abrasive in her reply to robert. it's a free world, robert can choose not to take part in her shoots, but isit really necessary to get personal about her interests? if anything, robert's initial post in this thread was inflammatory and not constructive.
2 things, 1 re Robert's post and 1 re Lydia's post.

Let's tackle Robert's first. When the time of his post, the OP literally vanished, we all showed support, by posts or just viewing. Yet, OP was nowhere to be found. Was this merely a post to test the water, is it real or what? No one knows, hence it was to many or some, a rather lame post. Robert's 2nd psot was sharp, but it was a reply to a not too endaring reply from Lydia. I am not saying Robert is right or wrong, but ...

Now, onto Lydia's post, it started out positive, some of us posted, we all viewed, but where is she. When she showed up it was a somewaht arrogant reply "define lame". Well, Robert defined it as he saw it. But Lydia's response was off hand ish, dismissive, and arrogant as well. Well, it's her right to do so, as you say, it's a free world. But she is trying to sell a service here on CS, there will be detractors, but you cannot offend anyone, including the detractors, suck it in and take the punch. A successful organiser will be the last one standing and laughing.

mitchell said:
Well said. I couldn't agree more. I'm keen to see what Gravemaid has to offer to CS community as well.
Absolutely. But nothing to show yet.

Deadpoet said:

Thanks for your advise, deadpoet. I'm not here to bicker or to pick a fight, just minding my own business and trying to know some friends. I would very well love to shut up and save some breath. Anyways, there's no point arguing with a grown up man who pick on 23yr old girls like me. :)

Deadpoet said:
2 things, 1 re Robert's post and 1 re Lydia's post.

Let's tackle Robert's first. When the time of his post, the OP literally vanished, we all showed support, by posts or just viewing. Yet, OP was nowhere to be found. Was this merely a post to test the water, is it real or what? No one knows, hence it was to many or some, a rather lame post.

OP already stated the post is to introduce herself and her intentions to organise model shoots. around the end of Oct. how would anyone know it's real or not when the end of Oct is not even arrived? to conclude that it's lame based on that is jumping to conclusions at best.

Robert's 2nd psot was sharp, but it was a reply to a not too endaring reply from Lydia. I am not saying Robert is right or wrong, but ...

Was a sharp post containing personal attack called for? i find it amazing that you expect lydia to reply in an endearing way to robert who had basically slammed her thread in the first place.

Now, onto Lydia's post, it started out positive, some of us posted, we all viewed, but where is she. When she showed up it was a somewaht arrogant reply "define lame". Well, Robert defined it as he saw it. But Lydia's response was off hand ish, dismissive, and arrogant as well. Well, it's her right to do so, as you say, it's a free world. But she is trying to sell a service here on CS, there will be detractors, but you cannot offend anyone, including the detractors, suck it in and take the punch. A successful organiser will be the last one standing and laughing.

"define lame" is as neutral a reply as i can imagine. again it amazes me how anyone can construe that remark as arrogant.

imagine this hypothetical scenario: robert has posted a photo up for critique, and someone says "it's so lame! moderators pls remove that pic immediately!", and robert replies, "define lame". would that be a more arrogant statement than say,"show me your work b4 u even dare to criticise mine! who do u think u r, some famous pro or what?!"

peace.

Thanks to all who had expressed their support and posted comments. And I do agree with Deadpoet that I was rather MIA after my introductory post. Very apologetic regarding this as I was busying myself with shoots for my new models and preparing dates for organised sessions.

Nevertheless, I manage to drop by once in a while to read the post from you all and I assure you that I am grinning from ear to ear to know that people here are so friendly. :D I hope I am not being judged for my age or that I'm a fresh organiser, and furthermore, not judged for my interest or hobby. I provided my homepage as a showcase of my artistic portfolio and art is very subjective so I was disappointed that Robert had taken the liberty to judge my posting here with reference to my posting on my homepage. Anyway, if goth was out for him, it is not out for me.

Gravemaid said:
Thanks to all who had expressed their support and posted comments. And I do agree with Deadpoet that I was rather MIA after my introductory post. Very apologetic regarding this as I was busying myself with shoots for my new models and preparing dates for organised sessions.

Nevertheless, I manage to drop by once in a while to read the post from you all and I assure you that I am grinning from ear to ear to know that people here are so friendly. :D I hope I am not being judged for my age or that I'm a fresh organiser, and furthermore, not judged for my interest or hobby. I provided my homepage as a showcase of my artistic portfolio and art is very subjective so I was disappointed that Robert had taken the liberty to judge my posting here with reference to my posting on my homepage. Anyway, if goth was out for him, it is not out for me.
No one judged you for your age. I didn't see any of that, but we will be judging you for what you can and will do as an organiser. Other than your post, the only thing we see is your website, which has nothing to do with model shoots, and that is all we have to go on.

If you are organising onoy for fun, you can do anything, but if you are doing it so that you can make a bit of money, then you must think twice what you put on the forum, including your website. I am not commenting on it, but it's edgy, and you cannot keep people from thinking is that what you are thinking of organising?

The most successful organisers around here organise shoots that photographers want, not what they want or like.

Deadpoet said:
No one judged you for your age. I didn't see any of that, but we will be judging you for what you can and will do as an organiser. Other than your post, the only thing we see is your website, which has nothing to do with model shoots, and that is all we have to go on.

If you are organising onoy for fun, you can do anything, but if you are doing it so that you can make a bit of money, then you must think twice what you put on the forum, including your website. I am not commenting on it, but it's edgy, and you cannot keep people from thinking is that what you are thinking of organising?

The most successful organisers around here organise shoots that photographers want, not what they want or like.

I did not provide a homepage showcasing photography skills, because I'm not a photographer. My homepage showcases my art because I am an artist, designer and my profession is a Sales and Production manager for my company. I did not in anyway indicate that you can refer to my art to get an idea of what I shall be organising.

In fact, my homepage has pretty much no business at all in association with my postings here. Seriously I am considering removing the link to my homepage if it might help improve my reputation and credibility here, and if that's what most people would prefer.

My objective here is to organise photography sessions with various interesting themes and stories behind them, so as to provide a greater sense of gratification for the photographers who like it this way. And I am not expecting everyone to like my photo shoots because there is always a choice for all to join or not to join a shoot that I had put up. Isn't that the whole idea about photography sessions?

Please do not get work up, bad karma for an organiser. However, we do not know you, have no idea who you are, nor have we seen any of your work other than those on your website. What else do we have to go on, to evaluate you as an organiser?

No one said that every photographer has to like your shoot, but don't you think, unless you have a killer theme that you can pull off and create a niche, it is better to build a reputation first, not pigeon hole yourself into a corner?

LOL!!!!!!!!!

this whole episode is another hilarious moment for those bored down by work :sticktong

one thing though........ its confirmed that Asians are alot more Judgemental and more Unreasonable in expecting things :)

for the sake for the rest of the community and potential organizers/respondents,

lets just

MOOFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those interested will PM and WAIT patiently, those who don't, just SHADDUP n MYOFB

:sweat:

LOL!!!!!

come on grown up guys here, please dont frighten away siaomeimei ....:sticktong

we need them to colour up the forum!

my full support to Loverly Lydia .....

ok.. cool it all ... awaiting your first organised shoot.. cheers............... :)

Canonised said:
LOL!!!!!

come on grown up guys here, please dont frighten away siaomeimei ....:sticktong

we need them to colour up the forum!

my full support to Loverly Lydia .....
brother, how nice of you .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.