Modding LCA to LCA+

Status
Not open for further replies.
max.. care to post some of the double exposure picture?

does it really work? :p

up this old thread..since i wonder is the multiple exposure mod is necessary? i think most manual winding camera can do a multiple exposure..by depressing the below button which for unloading film, and wind at the same time, in this case the winding will be able to wind forward and ready for next shot, but depressing the button will make the film remain same location (since when the button is depressed, the gear is free to move and won't wind the film.

i hope someone can explain it better, i have tried it on my olympus xa and even PEN-ee..

I heard of this method of doing mx but never tried it out before.

I took my lca out and fiddled with it abit...

What happens when the film rewind button is depressed?
The Gear ( 1 ) will not move/advance
But when the film has been loaded, and shots has been made...
The Take-Up Spool ( 2 ) Which has already collected the film, when you advance the film.
The film should continue to be pulled into the spool.
So the end result shld probably be the same, wouldn't it?

sapien-lca_query.jpg

The Take-Up Spool ( 2 ) Which has already collected the film, when you advance the film.

sapien-lca_query.jpg

u have to HOLD down the film spool on the left handside
so when u wind.. the take up spool will turn but no film is moving

disadvantage..
no matter how u hold
it usually not frame on top of the previous frame
usually move abit one

that's why we modified the LCA for MX

let's say u had taken one picture, then u depressed the button film rewind button firmly and wind it until till it stops, and then u can click shutter, and the film rewind button will pop up same time and whole roll is advanced as usual again.. i tried it by opening the back cover, and notice that it works..you can try to observe the 'film loading bar' (i don't know how to call it, it will advance together when the your film is advanced), i notice it isn't really move at all. I have tried taken some picture, but haven't finish the film.

I am quite sure it will remain the same frame, since all camera design certain pressure to press on the film reel.

sapien-lca_query.jpg

Hi Lens,

I think it depends on what individual wants. Most preferred to have their camera ready for double exposure at a click of a button or level. I'm sure there are some who likes to do it the old school way, although its more troublesome, need 2 hands & may not succeed. Either way, as long as everyone enjoy their camera, can already.

Status
Not open for further replies.