Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Link (Traditional Chinese/Korean)

:sweat:

Disclaimer: Try only at your own risks / expenses

xmen1977 said:
gosh
they saw off the protuding plastic! :eek:

thats what i was planning to do when i was choosing between used D60 and new 300D (right after the kit was released and pple started selling off the lens for 100sgd). I ended up with 300D and Tokina 19-35, and quite happy with the setting.
However should i have gotten the lens for around 50 bucks - i wouldnt hesitate to "modify" it:D

wow....... :bigeyes:

:sweat:

Will ask my friend to try this out on his 18-55mm :think:

I will spend max S$50.00 for this lens to be the 'idiot'... anything higher might not worth trying at all...

Fixing the mirror (if anything goes wrong) on non-300D DLSR is a lot more expensive than the EF-S 18-55mm

hahaha... Thanks... ;)

oeyvind said:
Fixing the mirror (if anything goes wrong) on non-300D DLSR is a lot more expensive than the EF-S 18-55mm

Woah...:bigeyes:

But make sure u hav enough clearance...Otherwise ur DSLR (other than 300D) mirror may hit the sawed-off part of the lens at a very hi-speed... :sweat:

Thanks, now who has one EFS-18-55 lens for sale...??

I'm just about ready to go for it, anyone tried it yet? :)

OK, this looks interesting, i'm ready to try this, anyone has 18-55mm to sell?

mylau said:
OK, this looks interesting, i'm ready to try this, anyone has 18-55mm to sell?

thoa_rs faster than u, people post sell 300D he bid the lens liaoz! hehehehehe!!

I support you guys! :thumbsup: :cheergal: Do post on any updates! Then maybe can do better we can post at other forums to tell them Singaporeans also very 'EH SAI'! kekekekekekekeeeeeee

Can't Canon do the exact same thing? I mean.. why didn't they just make the 18-55mm lens usable on the D30/60/10D DSLRS??

NEoPHYte31 said:
Can't Canon do the exact same thing? I mean.. why didn't they just make the 18-55mm lens usable on the D30/60/10D DSLRS??

Y would they compete with sales of their 17-40 for the 10D/D60 users? They are segmenting the rebel people with the rest of the market as these tend to be those who will use kit lens (generally). They are forced to do so bcos to provide a cheap dslr with an expensive 17-40 f/4 to provide 28-80 coverage will defeat the whole purpose of a affordable p&s dslr for the masses. Also, some of the early adopters of 10D/D60/D30 may have little need for L class 18mm and wider lens and would want no more than a affordable 28-80 equivalent zoom for everyday / travel use. If the 18-55 is available in ef mount, they are actually eating their own profits as there are a lot of people who would not mind paying 100-200 for that range and quality but hesitate at spending 1000+. I think the closet competitor at this range is the 3rd party 19-35mms which is more expensive and has a shorter range.

Yes.. Because most recent dSLRs, except 300D, uses the same old EF mount :D

Status
Not open for further replies.