Mitakon 25mm /0.95 - Any good?

It does looks good. Can check out the flickr group here https://www.flickr.com/groups/2879926@N25/pool/with/30451742504/

Although I'm a little skeptical of their 0.95 rating base on the size alone (nothing scientific). I have nokton 25/0.95 which is a lot bigger and heavier

This shot https://www.flickr.com/photos/15999902@N08/30451742504/in/pool-2879926@N25/ looks wide open, the girl's eyes looks pretty sharp, perhaps sharper than my nokton.

Last edited:
Mine is okay, although it seems to have a problem focusing to infinity. Maybe that is a new user error.

Lens Flare is wild.

It is tiny but heavy. It looks as though it would work well with the Panasonic GM1 and GM5 but it seems twice as heavy as the body. I've found it useful on the GX8 since I can tilt the viewfinder and check the aperture quickly. $P1220621.jpg

Last edited:
It does looks good. Can check out the flickr group here https://www.flickr.com/groups/2879926@N25/pool/with/30451742504/

Although I'm a little skeptical of their 0.95 rating base on the size alone (nothing scientific). I have nokton 25/0.95 which is a lot bigger and heavier

This shot https://www.flickr.com/photos/15999902@N08/30451742504/in/pool-2879926@N25/ looks wide open, the girl's eyes looks pretty sharp, perhaps sharper than my nokton.

which nocton? version 1 or 2?

Mine is okay, although it seems to have a problem focusing to infinity. Maybe that is a new user error.

Lens Flare is wild.

It is tiny but heavy. It looks as though it would work well with the Panasonic GM1 and GM5 but it seems twice as heavy as the body. I've found it useful on the GX8 since I can tilt the viewfinder and check the aperture quickly.View attachment 12884

Saw a few shots with flare on flickr seems ok though.

wah, cuts like a knife man. :what: I don't think my nokton was this bad.

The whole thing is amusing. It's a tiny Leica M-like lens, fitting with a micro Four-Thirds mount, and way too heavy for the GM5. It's also incredibly inexpensive for the maximum aperture it offers.

I expected distortion but it is fairly good. Optically, it seems sharp but there are extra things that appear, day or night. Maybe the interior of the barrel doesn't a consistent non-reflective surface.

Last edited:
possible to purchase this lens in singapore?

The whole thing is amusing. It's a tiny Leica M-like lens, fitting with a micro Four-Thirds mount, and way too heavy for the GM5. It's also incredibly inexpensive for the maximum aperture it offers.

I expected distortion but it is fairly good. Optically, it seems sharp but there are extra things that appear, day or night. Maybe the interior of the barrel doesn't a consistent non-reflective surface.

ah, interesting about the interior, but dun complain when you get more and pay less hahaha

will you recommend getting this lens if i have a 17mm f1.8 as they are both equivalent to 35mm in view

ah, interesting about the interior, but dun complain when you get more and pay less hahaha

I'm not complaining. It has given me a chance to do more interesting/weird photos than I would normally have done. It reminds me of when ASA 1600 color film became available. It wasn't very useful but it could give some dramatic effect to scenes you would not normally photograph.

will you recommend getting this lens if i have a 17mm f1.8 as they are both equivalent to 35mm in view

25mm on micro Four-Thirds is equivalent to human vision--a "normal" view lens. 17mm is slightly wide angle.

hmm true, i am considering either this or a 25mm f1.8..not too sure which will be a better choice.

hmm true, i am considering either this or a 25mm f1.8..not too sure which will be a better choice.

If you're looking for a lens that can be used without much thought, in all circumstances, the Olympus lens would be best. If you want a lens that can be useful in more extreme circumstances but one that needs a lot of attention, and you're comfortable with Manual mode, the Mitakon lens will probably do just fine.