Military Discussion : Should AMX 13-SM1 be replace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim said:

Tim, thanks for the headup. This is sensitive and important.

Note : For all our friends whom are reading this Forum, be civilise and confine yourself to Military hardware, history, stragetic battles and tactical discussion only. :)

Either we live in harmony like brothers or we perish together like fools.
In a real war, there is no winner.
(If you are a military nuts, you should know what I mean)

John said:
In my opinion AMX13 tank is an old and obseleted old cows..of course it should be replace.
The 75 is still effective only because muzzle velocity is much higher nowadays with Sabot rounds. But if we keep shooting APFSDS....the tank hull will crack. So...its just a matter of time before our stock of AMX runs out.

tim said:

Good Grief... did any of u go and read up on that thread....
God!... really makes my blood boil.... wanna curse and swear and God knoes wat else.....

but in the end... not worth it....on one hand they complain abt us being insensitive... so that means they are justified in their statements? i dun recall reading anything in this thread that is insulting and degrading.... Golly!!!

(note - replace good grief and god and golly with something stronger of choice.. hehe)

When people ask will we fight for Singapore. There will have people who want to run. But I speak for myself, if any foreign country invade us or give us any reason to fight. The no doubt in me I will fight to the death. The fact is even a leader of a foreign country once say we are only a just drop of blood in a huge ocean. There is no where to run. This is home, my future and my family. So I choose to fight. War is no answer, but when call upon there will be no hesitation. This is My Reply to would be enemy who ask would I fight for Singapore

singscott said:
When people ask will we fight for Singapore. There will have people who want to run. But I speak for myself, if any foreign country invade us or give us any reason to fight. The no doubt in me I will fight to the death. The fact is even a leader of a foreign country once say we are only a just drop of blood in a huge ocean. There is no where to run. This is home, my future and my family. So I choose to fight. War is no answer, but when call upon there will be no hesitation. This is My Reply to would be enemy who ask would I fight for Singapore

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Well, at least I know I would not be alone fighting whoever decides to be nasty to this 'little red dot'.

Wah! All this talk is getting out of hand... Peace...no War..... :heart:

This thread is only on Hardware... pls don't take it too seriously on other comments.

AMX-13 type medium armour is ok for our needs lah...although it's ancient. The original French AMX-13 design in the early 1950's was based on the WW2 PzKw V Panther, even the calibre of the 75mm main gun. The terrain in the tropics is not suitable for MBT warfare lah... not like the optimal desert of the Mid-East or Russian steppes. Light or medium armour is more advantageous for both urban and jungle conditions.

Anyone know bout loading capacity on the North-South Highway??

We have enough military discussion on AMX-13 and the thread have served the purpose in sharing all the military hardware talks with some of the very good military hobbies CSers here. :thumbsup:

Will have some other discussion in the future. :)

It's hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.