Military Discussion : Numbers of Major Wars in the 20th Century

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm..

i think natural disasters are more of mother nature's way of keeping population in check.. not man-made wars.. but very soon, even natural disasters will be cause by mankind indirectly. jus look at the ways we're abusing everything within this planet today.. ... :cry:

furrypaws said:
hmm..

i think natural disasters are more of mother nature's way of keeping population in check.. not man-made wars.. but very soon, even natural disasters will be cause by mankind indirectly. jus look at the ways we're abusing everything within this planet today.. ... :cry:

Same la. We humans are pre-programmed to kill each other. :bsmilie:

Grind up a few billion tons of Marijuana and pour into the worlds water supplies.

That should take care of it for a while :bsmilie:

Sometimes, there needs to be war in order to have peace

Peace will never be given voluntarily by the oppressor. It needs to be demanded by the oppressed.

The iraq war was right.

4 more years to have peace? What nonsense is this. The world has never known peace and never will. There are so many conflicts going on in the world today.

The number of people dying in iraq is insignificant compared to those dying daily in Africa's civil wars.

The news just blows everything up and overhypes the whole situation in iraq. Everything bad that's going on there is reported. Non of the good happening there is being reported.

How many years did it take for Germany to be rebuilt after the 2nd world war? What is going on in iraq now is phenomenal at its current pace and would be even faster were it not for these insane muslim trouble makers and terrorists.

Sion said:
Let's not forget the Great War between Nikonians and Canonians.

I've heard many thousands have been devastated with hugh holes in their pockets.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Some are enlightened. Many still trying to see the light. All wants to get their picture right. Aaggh....the war may end when the sun dies. I hope it will not happen in my lifetime. I still prefer holey war and confusion. :D

take war as between two sovereign state, do not count civil conflict otherwise i do not think you can get any accurate answer.

furrypaws said:
hmm..

i agree with you on this.

natural catastrophies takes a fairly large number of lives compared to wars. that includes diseases like mad cow, bird flu, mouth and foot, sars to name a few.

and mankind is making things worse by destroying natural habitat. an article recently highlighted that certain areas which still has tall vegetation like mangrove trees suffered less damage during the tsunamis than the developed areas where the trees are cleared.

jsbn said:
"Weapons do not kill. Humans kill humans." ;)

Humans are such imperfect creatures; even though they are the most intelligent of all living things on earth, they are quick to kill than to negotiate for peace. And this trend had continued for thousands of years... and this is true for all human races on this world.

When one cannot agree on something with another (e.g. gang, organisation, nations) ; eventually, there is no place for the "opposition" to remain alive in this world. At the end of the day, it is the victor of the war who justify the slaughter of lives... and that they were right to start this or that war in the first place. And even if the war was an unrighteous one, the dead can never argue or disagree again!

philshots said:
Humans are such imperfect creatures; even though they are the most intelligent of all living things on earth, they are quick to kill than to negotiate for peace. And this trend had continued for thousands of years... and this is true for all human races on this world.

When one cannot agree on something with another (e.g. gang, organisation, nations) ; eventually, there is no place for the "opposition" to remain alive in this world. At the end of the day, it is the victor of the war who justify the slaughter of lives... and that they were right to start this or that war in the first place. And even if the war was an unrighteous one, the dead can never argue or disagree again!

Some are much more civilised. Just sue the potential rival's pants off and make sure they do not like to return to breathe in their own place of birth. Maybe the final analyisis is that their rival's plight will give more sovereign mileage then their demise. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.