Military Aircraft. Illegal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(b) would have some cloaking device, so you won't be able to see them nor your camera able to obtain an AF lock on them, so how to shoot, right? ;p

LOL...Singapore has stealth...I was going to say "who knew?" but since we can;t see them...we don't. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

I heard its illegal. For first time offenders, its the electric chair. Second timer, hack to death. LOL!

You must first determine what is the intend for taking such photo? criminal intention - terrorism act or just pure hobby - plane spotter?

there once was a guy who took photos at one of the housing area where some US service men stayed, and before he knew it, the ISA came knocking on his house. That's an article that came up in ST some years back.

u can be charged for taking photos without permission inside restricted areas or shooting the interior of the plane, eg. the control boards.

Last edited:
its alright to take photos of the exterior of the plane but not the interior of the plane, that is if u have a chance to board during RSAF open house. u can be charged for taking photos without permission inside restricted areas or shooting the interior of the plane, eg. the control boards.

generally its okay just to take photos of the planes when they are flying, since u are only shooting the exterior of it.

Really? The pilots helped me take shots of my friends and me in the cockpits of several different aircraft! :p

Really? The pilots helped me take shots of my friends and me in the cockpits of several different aircraft! :p

Thats new :think: usually they dun allow pictures of the cockpit's interior, eg. control boards and switchs.

u mean u guys pose inside the cockpit then they help u take from outside?

its alright to take photos of the exterior of the plane but not the interior of the plane, that is if u have a chance to board during RSAF open house. u can be charged for taking photos without permission inside restricted areas or shooting the interior of the plane, eg. the control boards.

generally its okay just to take photos of the planes when they are flying, since u are only shooting the exterior of it.

You are creating an unnecessary fear with that statement of yours.

All military equipment and vehicles displayed during an Open House are cleared to be photographed, including cockpits, switches, dials, whatever. The main reason is that they are not necessarily powered, and are just as the name suggests, a static display.

It is the taking of an operational equipment during a non public event that is the restricted part.

As long as you shoot an aircraft from a public place, it is not illegal. However, you can't shoot into a military camp from its fences..that is highly illegal.

Last edited:
You are creating an unnecessary fear with that statement of yours.

All military equipment and vehicles displayed during an Open House are cleared to be photographed, including cockpits, switches, dials, whatever. The main reason is that they are not necessarily powered, and are just as the name suggests, a static display.

It is the taking of an operational equipment during a non public event that is the restricted part.

As long as you shoot an aircraft from a public place, it is not illegal. However, you can't shoot into a military camp from its fences..that is highly illegal.

i apologise for my mistake and have edited it.

By and large Singaporeans are far too scared of the govt for their own good.

According to this page http://www.sgvolkel.nl/aim/vb_fm.htm (in dutch, english translation courtesy of Google), Singapore is a plane-spotter's paradise. Which must be true if you think about it, considering that there are five airfields within a really small island.

Remember, whenever someone tells you that something is or is not being done because of "security reasons" it's usually a sign that they are lying or that they haven't thought it through and they are just trying to hide from scrutiny.

The only secret things about the aircrafts are their equipment/technology that can be hardware or software related.

That is correct. But highly unlikely you'll get a chance to catch those as they do not fly them that often and usually the local jet planes are over our skies and within 'shooting range' for 1-2 mins max. And my guess is that they would keep these aircraft/equipment flights for after dark hours if its indeed to be kept clandestine. :dunno:

In any case, if your shooting from some public location, it shouldn't pose an issue unless it can be proven that you have some ulterior motive for shooting the planes! :bsmilie:

Close enough? :bsmilie:

3111561929_8b9da7b2c3_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.