Matsuri dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done.

just pay a bit attention to the outfit. The pants appeared to be a bit to long, see the feet being covered by the pants in the first picture.

nice shots.

dam you dp;(

u need to slam me.else people think whenever i post pics, you always say only the good stuff.

dont you ever learn?

now where's my whip?:angry:

Great stuff! Love the expression on pic 1.

thank you arexer.
i'll thank my friend on your behalf for the compliments.:)

Overall the execution and concept is good ...

If you could introduced some rim lightings, so that the "flying hair" and the silky costume's sheen ( esp the black silk pants ) could be enhanced -- that would be technically perfect.

With a limited home space studio, i think this works is commendable -- keep it up!! :thumbsup:

i really had a wonderful time.
the music, the mood.the modelling lights...i tell u...makes me fall in love with dancing.

the poses they do, the softness of their hands, their joint free legs, their fantastic-4 limbs...
makes me really regret not taking up dancing.:(

i wish i can turn back the clock.but too late.all my joints and muscles all harden already...:cry:

thanks for the compliments.

rim lights.i'll definitely keep that in mind.but in your opinion, where should i fire the rim lights from?

dam you dp;(

u need to slam me.else people think whenever i post pics, you always say only the good stuff.

dont you ever learn?

now where's my whip?:angry:
now you are talking :)

rim lights.i'll definitely keep that in mind.but in your opinion, where should i fire the rim lights from?

45 angle from the top-down ( either left or right, depending where you position your main light ) ...

You may also put a 1:2 ratio rim light in front 45 angle to rimmed the lower pants ... so that it will give a separation from the dark back-drop ...

45 angle from the top-down ( either left or right, depending where you position your main light ) ...

You may also put a 1:2 ratio rim light in front 45 angle to rimmed the lower pants ... so that it will give a separation from the dark back-drop ...

thanks very much for sharing the tips.:thumbsup:
i'll remember it.

but a pity i'm restricted by the number of lights i have.

thanks very much for sharing the tips.:thumbsup:
i'll remember it.

but a pity i'm restricted by the number of lights i have.

Alternatively, you could also post-process it by "masking" and dodging areas for "separations" ... but remember to do it in TIFF format, and then save it in JPEG for sharing.

This is a "quick fix" suggestion ...

Alternatively, you could also post-process it by dodging areas for "separations" ... but remember to do it in TIFF format, and then save it in JPEG for sharing.

This is a "quick fix" suggestion ...

why tiff?psd not the same?

why tiff?psd not the same?

Sure, it's either PSD (smaller file) or TIFF ( for Commercial Printing ) ...

[ Btw, remember also to watermarked your works, in case it get digitally stolen .. Reason being that it has a commercial value to your 'Dance works' ...

For example, I could leech it and covert it to an 'digital Oil painting art works', and sold for a good price ... especially the 2nd picutres -- it's GOOD ]

Sure, it's either PSD (smaller file) or TIFF ( for Commercial Printing ) ...

[ Btw, remember also to watermarked your works, in case it get digitally stolen .. Reason being that it has a commercial value to your 'Dance works' ]

oh really?got value?:bsmilie:

didnt know things i shoot will have value one.:embrass:

watermark as in stamp "shot by jeanie" or something like that?is that what you mean?or you mean digitally stamp it in the metadata?
please pm me.
appreciated!

Jeanie

Thats a lovely execution, perhaps the set up is just short of a boom from the top. (Hair light might bring out more of the subject's lovely black hair).

If thats your home, and since your subject is continuous in movement, try using diffused halogen lights targeted different spots. Sometimes, there is no fixed rules in light creation. Visualise and then conceptualise.

Just my humble thoughts...

Jeanie

Thats a lovely execution, perhaps the set up is just short of a boom from the top. (Hair light might bring out more of the subject's lovely black hair).

If thats your home, and since your subject is continuous in movement, try using diffused halogen lights targeted different spots. Sometimes, there is no fixed rules in light creation. Visualise and then conceptualise.

Just my humble thoughts...

appreciate the inputs.

halogen....will that give me WB problems?

i dont have a boom stand for overhead hair lights though i very much would love to have one.:(

appreciate the inputs.

halogen....will that give me WB problems?

i dont have a boom stand for overhead hair lights though i very much would love to have one.:(

Try it, hologen are not expensive. These are just fillers, not main.

There are a varied assortment of halogens to pick from. The better ones (made in germany) are used for video set ups and can start from 300+ with built in fan. The diy types home halogen will yield a much warmer hue though, but those are a dime a dozen (figurative).

DIY, no fixed rules.

Have fun.

Try it, hologen are not expensive. These are just fillers, not main.

There are a varied assortment of halogens to pick from. The better ones (made in germany) are used for video set ups and can start from 300+ with built in fan. The diy types home halogen will yield a much warmer hue though, but those are a dime a dozen (figurative).

DIY, no fixed rules.

Have fun.

i'll keep that in mind and maybe get my household table halogen and try it out.:)

Very very nice. The expressions of the dance is captured very well.

Great shots!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Especially the first one, you have captured the beauty of a female dancer in motion.. :) :heart:

The previous attempt the body and limps are a bit stiff, looks a bit like michael jordan driving into the lane for a slam dunk..

Pretty well done. Looks like ur really into dance photog now.

i'm not lah.but i always like to try somthing different.

i have more pics to share, but havent process them.

8 hours shoot.800+ raw pics.
lucky tmr holiday.yeah!:lovegrin:

Great shots!! :thumbsup:
Especially the first one, you have captured the beauty of a female dancer in motion.. :) :heart:

The previous attempt the body and limps are a bit stiff, looks a bit like michael jordan driving into the lane for a slam dunk..

actually as much as i love jump shots, but i prefer the 2nd pic, prob because of her hair.:lovegrin:

thanks kongo.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.