Mass order for Kodak Portra 400 colour negative film

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcchew

Dec 7, 2010
Kodak Portra 400 is a new film from Kodak to replace the Portra 400NC and 400VC films. It is said to be "the world’s finest grain high-speed color negative film that delivers spectacular skin tones plus exceptional color saturation over a wide range of lighting conditions." It was released in the US late last year but we are yet to receive it. For those who can't wait for it to hit our shores, I'm organising an MO for the following:

Kodak Portra 400 120 36-exposures 5-pack (USD23.99 = SGD31.67)
Kodak Portra 400 135 36-exposures 5-pack (USD29.95 = SGD39.53)
Kodak Portra 400 220 36-exposures 5-pack (USD48 = SGD63.36)

SGD prices are at the estimated exchange rate of USD1 = SGD1.32, excluding shipping.

Shipping will be from Amazon through VPost. Assuming this round has 5x 5-packs, total VPost shipping would be about ($13.40 + ($7.20 + $1.20) x 3kg) / 5 = SGD7.72 per 5-pack. Amazon has free shipping to the VPost center.

I hope to get at least 5 orders by 28th March, failing which the MO will be cancelled. If you are interested in joining this MO, please PM me with your:
- Name
- Contact number
- Email address
- Your order

My contact details:
Name: Kelvin Chew
HP: 9747-6250
Email: hitokiri_k@lycos.com

Payment will be by interbank transfer in the following phases:
- $20 deposit once order with Amazon is placed
- Remainder to be transferred once total VPost shipping cost is known and package is on the way back

Collection is to be done either at Redhill or Clementi MRT. Registered postage is available upon request at extra charge.

To start the ball rolling:
1. kcchew (1x 5-pack 135)

Deadline extended to 3rd April.

Deadline closing soon!

MO is now closed. Thanks for viewing.

2nd round of MO is now open due to demand, deadline is 17th April 2359hrs.

In the event that Amazon is out of stock, orders will come from B&H. Prices from B&H for the 5-packs are:
35mm: USD29.95 = SGD39.53
120: USD24.45 = SGD32.27
220: USD49.95 = SGD65.93
Assuming exchange rate is USD1 = SGD1.32
Shipping from B&H to VPost is an estimated USD10 per MO round.

I'm also willing to accept orders for hard-to-get films like Fuji Acros, subject to availability. But priority goes to orders for Portra 400.

2nd round of the MO is closed as I have enough orders and USD is now so low. Thanks for your support!

Third round is now open, deadline is 27th April 2359hrs. Orders will come from B&H as Amazon is constantly out of stock. I'm also willing to accept orders for hard-to-get films like Fuji Acros, subject to availability.

USD is at an all time low, so place your order now!

Thanks Kelvin for being so prompt and professional about this mass order! :)
Ups for you!

Thanks, hope you'll like the film! I just shot my first roll today, can't wait to see how it turns out.

kelvin, how to make payment and collect the films? U will contact us via pm when received?

Hi, once I place the order with B&H, I will PM/SMS everyone the details on transferring the $20 deposit to me. And once I get my credit card charges and paid Vpost shipping, everyone will be notified of the remainder they have to pay as well as fund transfer details.

Once I receive the package, everyone will be informed again. Preferred pickup locations are Redhill or Clementi MRT stations.

Last edited:
Last call for orders before 2359hrs today!

3rd round is closed. Thanks for your support!

argh.. crap, looks like i missed it by abit. haha

You asked for it, you got it. Round 4 will close on 22nd May Sunday 2359hrs.

Please note that B&H has raised their prices for 35mm and 220:
35mm: USD33.50
120: USD24.45
220: USD58.50

Shipping from B&H to VPost is about USD10+

Where possible, I would order from an Amazon retailer that has not raised prices, but do expect to pay more for this round.

Last edited:
Weekly bump for awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.