Marina sands and some areas around it (incl. marina barrage)

yah i noticed that, was kind of sian when i got home and reviewed the pics on my PC.

i didn't use hood cause the last time i tried tht, the UWA lens actually captured part of the hood, worse part is tht the hoods is original one, so shldn't end up like tht leh.

well, looks like it's better than having lens flare i guess :)
wht UWA you using? I'm surprised that the supplied hood gets picked up by the lens. You sure it's not the filter?

hi, i personally like 2,5,7,16 and 20..

i really like ur ultrawide shots.. especially 7.. may i know ur setup..thanks & thanks for sharing ur series

thanks for your complements.

d90 with tokina 12-24 F4.

wht UWA you using? I'm surprised that the supplied hood gets picked up by the lens. You sure it's not the filter?

tokina 12-24. yah confirm not filter cause i didn't use filter tht time

tokina 12-24. yah confirm not filter cause i didn't use filter tht time
eh? I also use Tokina 12-24 on my D80... no problem leh...
The hood is super big, right?
hood-reversed-001.jpg

image from www.dpreview.com
http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/tokina_12-24_4_n15/page2.asp

Last edited:
yah i noticed that, was kind of sian when i got home and reviewed the pics on my PC.

i didn't use hood cause the last time i tried tht, the UWA lens actually captured part of the hood, worse part is tht the hoods is original one, so shldn't end up like tht leh.

well, looks like it's better than having lens flare i guess :)

Try cloning those away? :)

I can see that you are improving as you shoot. Keep going and looking forward to see more from you :)

I can see that you are improving as you shoot. Keep going and looking forward to see more from you :)

hey thanks, tht was really encouraging

Agree with you :thumbsup: to TS :)

TS, I'm quite intrigued by this vignetting thing. Hopefully can meet up with you at some gathering/outing and test-test to see how come there is vignetting.

Agree with you :thumbsup: to TS :)

TS, I'm quite intrigued by this vignetting thing. Hopefully can meet up with you at some gathering/outing and test-test to see how come there is vignetting.

i try to search for the pic that i had vignetting from the lens hood. it was only once thou

4689291447_d551632ec5.jpg

4689930794_6cc3d26ec3.jpg

4689296369_bd10b718ac.jpg

4689294411_71091dbe42.jpg

4689933246_2e9700a099.jpg

last 2 of the lot.

thanks all for viewing and your kind comments :)

4689942224_33671179af.jpg

4689941400_e9949c007d.jpg

Where was #7, #10, #13 taken? Looks good. :)

Where was #7, #10, #13 taken? Looks good. :)

u can see 7 when u arrive at marina barrage. 10 and 13 are ard the water fountain that pple play water in.

cant miss it one :)

Great Thread ahming111! I like the colours

Here's my 2 cents:

Wow #33 has very bad lens flaring and artifacting! Are you using tokina filters? ..LOL. The sunburst effects is rather extreme~ can't read your EXIF though..very small apertures?

I noticed you liked to do HDR processing for most of your shots! Show some silhouettes or backlighting too~

Again, impressive thread!

EDIT: or am i mistaken about the HDR part.. hmm :)

Last edited:
Great Thread ahming111! I like the colours

Here's my 2 cents:

Wow #33 has very bad lens flaring and artifacting! Are you using tokina filters? ..LOL. The sunburst effects is rather extreme~ can't read your EXIF though..very small apertures?

I noticed you liked to do HDR processing for most of your shots! Show some silhouettes or backlighting too~

Again, impressive thread!

EDIT: or am i mistaken about the HDR part.. hmm :)

wow, thanks for the compliment

yap, some of them are HDR.

i didn't use filter for #33, it's really not a very appealing photo (with the flaring etc...) but i kind of like the angle i took it at.