Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's Matches
Bayern Munich v Sporting Lisbon
Juventus v Chelsea
Panathinaikos v Villarreal
Liverpool v Real Madrid

champ-top.jpg

IMO this Thursday morning match is like final...if MU can overcome Morinho(to me he is MU nemesis).....no one else can stop them :lovegrin:

Scarli the unexpected, Arsene Wenger win the Champions League. :bsmilie:

Round of 16 2nd Leg Results
Bayern Munich 7-1 Sporting Lisbon
Juventus 2-2 Chelsea
Panathinaikos 1-2 Villarreal
Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid

Liverpool humiliate nine-time European Cup winners Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield. :eek:
Else where, Bayern Munich trashed Sporting Lisbon 7 goals to 1. :bigeyes:

Juventus 2-2 Chelsea

Liverpool humiliate nine-time European Cup winners Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield. :eek:

Wah... record sia 12-1 aggregate score!:bigeyes:

So Chelsea, Bayern, Villarreal and Pools are through to the last 16. Is it gonna be an all English Semi agian like last season? If so the cup is as good as ours!:bsmilie::devil:

Rio ready for Inter challenge

There was good news for United on the eve of the Champions League clash with Internazionale as Rio Ferdinand was passed fit to start the match.

The 30-year-old defensive lynchpin injured his ankle at Fulham in Saturday's FA Cup tie, and there had been concerns over his availability for Wednesday's crunch game.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Ferdinand's fitness at his Tuesday lunch-time press conference. Rio is now expected to partner Nemanja Vidic, who was suspended for the first leg in Milan, in the heart of United's defence.

The United boss also declared John O'Shea to be ready. The Irishman has been nursing a heel injury of late and was substituted during the FA Cup win at Fulham after feeling his hamstring, but he also trained on Tuesday morning.

Sir Alex said: "Ferdinand and O'Shea trained today for the first time [since Saturday's match at Fulham] which was important. Both are fit and both will play."

Players absent from the first-team session at United's training headquarters were Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Rafael and Zoran Tosic who is ineligible anyway.

The squad in full training at Carrington on Tuesday was: Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak; Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Evans, O'Shea, Eckersley; Ronaldo, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani; Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Welbeck.

:devil:

Inter have a great chance - Jose

Jose Mourinho refused to be drawn on his team selection ahead of Wednesday night's Champions League tie at Old Trafford, but did insist Internazionale have every chance of victory.

"I think the first leg was frustrating for both sides," he told media at Old Trafford on Tuesday afternoon. "United were disappointed they didn't score in the first half and we were disappointed we didn't score in the second half.

"But 0-0 away from home is not a very good result. It leaves a lot of question marks and, in my mind, we have a very good chance to win this tie.

"I wouldn't say either side has an advantage – when the score is 0-0 it only takes one goal or one mistake to change the game."

Mourinho dismissed talk his side could crumble in one of Old Trafford's white-hot European atmospheres.

"The problem won't be the crowd or the stadium," he said. "The problem will be with the opposition and the quality of their players. But I believe good players and managers rise to the big occasions.

"For the last three weeks people have been talking about the fact that Inter always seem to go out at this stage of the competition. I prefer to think about Inter knocking out the champions of Europe.

"But we'll have to beat a top team. Sir Alex has a lot of ammunition at his disposal and he is clever with how he uses it. United are never predictable."

Boss not worried by Jose record

Sir Alex Ferguson insists he is not worried by his poor head-to-head record with Jose Mourinho who brings his Internazionale side to Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

The United boss has just one victory from 13 attempts against his former Premier League rival during Mourinho's time at Chelsea and FC Porto.

But Sir Alex says he is unconcerned by individual statistics, preferring to concentrate on the bigger picture at Old Trafford.

"It is strange just to have one win against him," admitted the boss at his pre-match press conference. "It proves I am not infallible. I am vulnerable, just like anyone else in football. But the personal record does not bother me one bit. It can happen.

"I look at this football club and I have every right to be proud of it and what it has achieved in the time I have been here. That is more important to me."

Of great importance to the United boss is the recovery from an ankle knock to Rio Ferdinand. The Reds' defender was forced out of the FA Cup victory at Fulham at the weekend, but trained on Tuesday morning and is fit to face Inter. The same goes for John O'Shea who has recovered from a hamstring tweak.

Like last season when Barcelona visited Old Trafford in the semi-final, the Reds go into Wednesday's tie following a first-leg stalemate. Now, like then, only victory in the second leg will suffice.

And while United's domination at the San Siro two weeks ago has given the Reds plenty of confidence, Sir Alex will be taking nothing for granted against the Serie A leaders.

"You can never be over confident in this position simply because an away goal can be a severe setback," he warned.

"That was the situation when we played Barcelona. What we required that night was magnificent concentration and really good focus in our game. We managed to get through because of both those factors.

"When you play an Italian side, you have got to be at your best," he added. "Their record over the years has been fantastic.

"AC Milan have won the European Cup seven times, all in the modern era, which I believe makes them the most successful side because Real Madrid won their first five when European football was just beginning.

"Inter Milan have every right to go into the match thinking they can win. They are seven points clear at the top of their league and have a lot of experience. We expect a tough game but they should expect one as well."

Tonight is do or die for us in the Champions League.
I'm watching the match. :cool:

What time is the match tomorrow morning? I read the ST and it said 2am but the website mentioned 7.45pm and +8, it should be 0345 hrs. I am getting confused. Don't wanna wake up at 2am and wait for the match to start at 3.45am and on the other hand worried that if I wake up at 3.45am, I might miss the match if I got the timing wrong. Anyone?

What time is the match tomorrow morning? I read the ST and it said 2am but the website mentioned 7.45pm and +8, it should be 0345 hrs. I am getting confused. Don't wanna wake up at 2am and wait for the match to start at 3.45am and on the other hand worried that if I wake up at 3.45am, I might miss the match if I got the timing wrong. Anyone?

2am is always the pre match preview and the show hosts talking crap.

Thanks. I have confirmed with several website and the game starts at 3.45am. At least I have an hour or more of sleep. :)

Will be staying up too.
Its do or die for us in the competition. :devil:

Juventus 2-2 Chelsea

lol RM was a joke! Liv played well but not that damn good. Madrid was more like Fulham or Spurs in disguise!

Munich a bit scary. They dark horse I think.

duno wat the hell mu doin first half , woke up and watched after the first 10 mins , mu giving balls away cheaply and almost punish by inter on numerous occasions. Ronny is so quiet for the whole night.
he doesn't seems to have drive nowadays , not motiviated at all , wutz wrong with him ? an inter away goal will wake them up , so many sloppy passes zzz

Woke up to see a good 2 Nil result. Ya I read about the sloppy passes. Think must be the nerves and I am sure there be better display this Sat.

Bring on Liverfool this Sat :thumbsup::kiss:

Man Utd 2-0 Inter

Watched the match.
Both goals are great, superb header goals.
1 from Vidic in the 4th min, another from ROnaldo in the 49th.
We are through to the Quaters.
This Sunday Liverpool's turn to be beaten. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.