Man Utd XIV : New Manager New ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday is SIR Alex last day officially! Thanks again for the wonderfully memories!

Today 1st July is Officially David moyes take over as the boss! Good luck and all the best!

good news that Thiago wants to come ManU.. if CR7 returns and Rooney stays, that will be exciting season... with chelsea, gunner, spurs, mancity all buying world class player...

It will be a good if CR were to return but we need a commanding midfielder who can turn around the game and another defender ...the amount spend on him is really ...

We need to make good what we have and are asking for, do not put hope on CR returning. Thiago is a good buy and booster to our midfield. We will need a few more purchases in order to last the whole of next season. What do you think??? Let's see how its all pend out.

Backroom staff appointments

Backroom staff appointments
• Steve Round, assistant manager
• Chris Woods, goalkeeping coach
• Jimmy Lumsden, coach

Manchester United is delighted to confirm the appointments of Steve Round as assistant manager, Chris Woods as goalkeeping coach and Jimmy Lumsden as coach.

Round, 42, joins the club after working alongside David Moyes at Everton since July 2008.

Woods, 53, who was a member of the England World Cup squads in 1986 and 1990, and for the squads for the European Championships in 1988 and 1992, has been the goalkeeping coach at Everton since 1998. In October 2011 he also became United States goalkeeping coach.

Lumsden, 65, has worked with David Moyes since his days at Preston North End and subsequently at Everton.

David Moyes said: "I have worked with Steve, Chris and Jimmy for a number of years and I am delighted they have decided to join me at this great club. They bring great qualities in their respective fields and I know that, like me, they feel that this is a challenge to relish. I have great faith that together, we can build upon the success this club has enjoyed over many years.”

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: “I believe with David and his new team in place, along with our current backroom staff, we can now start preparing for the new season ahead. This is an exciting and challenging time for the club and I have great belief that David and his team will have all the energy and attributes needed to help this club continue in its long-standing traditions."

Source

Giggs becomes player-coach

David Moyes has appointed Ryan Giggs as player/coach with immediate effect.

Ryan, 39, Britain’s most decorated footballer, has been taking his coaching badges and is due to attain the UEFA Pro Licence next summer. He signed a one-year extension to his playing contract in March and will combine his new duties with being a member of the first-team squad.

Announcing the appointment, manager David Moyes said:

"I'm delighted that Ryan has accepted the chance to become player/coach. His success and ability to adapt his game over a number of years gives him an unrivalled perspective on the modern game. His career is an example to any aspiring young player and I’m sure that both he and the players will benefit from his new role."

Ryan Giggs said:

"It's a great privilege to be appointed a player/coach. I hope I will be able to bring my experience to bear, having been both a player and part of the Manchester United family for so long. It's no secret that I have been taking my qualifications and I see this as the first step in my future career. I'm really looking forward to working alongside David and the team."

Source

Neville recruited to staff

David Moyes has appointed Philip Neville as a coach with immediate effect.

Philip, 36, retired from playing football after leaving Everton at the end of last season. He played for Manchester United from 1995 to 2005 and is currently taking his coaching badges.

Announcing the appointment, manager David Moyes said:

"I have known and worked with Philip for eight years and, in that time, I have come to know his dedication, ability to lead and appetite for hard work. In addition, of course, he understands the club very well and I think his addition to the coaching staff will be a valuable one."

Philip Neville said:

"When I retired from football, I knew that I wanted to continue in the game; it’s something that I have been preparing for over the last few years. So when David called to give me this opportunity, I couldn’t resist. I gave my all when I played for Everton but it is no secret that this club is in my heart. I’ve really enjoyed working with David and his staff as a player and I think that, together with Ryan, we can make a real contribution to Manchester United."

Source

Scholes turns down role

David Moyes has revealed that Paul Scholes has temporarily turned down the chance to join the coaching staff at Manchester United in order to spend time with his family.

The boss was hoping to add the Reds legend to his burgeoning backroom team after recruiting Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville, who were added to the team last week following the recent appointments of Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden and Chris Woods.

However, speaking during his first-ever press conference as United manager, Moyes did hint of a future role for Scholes, who is keen to help out at the Aon Training Complex following a short break from football.

“I wanted to make sure I had connections to what happened here,” David explained, when quizzed on the appointment of Giggs and Neville. “I spoke to Paul Scholes as well. He wants to have some time off with his family.

“I also spoke with Rene [Meulensteen] but he wanted to move on. So then the obvious choice was Ryan. He's an incredible footballer. To get him and Phil Neville together...I wanted to make sure I had some young members of staff behind me as well.”

Expanding on his exchange with Scholes, he added: “Paul was fantastic with me and wanted to help a lot. I probably spent an hour or two on the phone with him. He wants to spend time with his family at the moment. We'll bring him in when he's ready.”

Source

Any MU fans here following the Team on its Asian Tour? If so, tell us more and show some photos and/or videos taken of the players ok? Besides the press releases, perhaps you care to share. Thanks.

Fixtures: Nine changes for Reds

Nine of Manchester United's Barclays Premier League fixtures from 17 August until 1 December have been selected for live television coverage.

The revised dates and / or kick-off times for these nine games are as follows:

Swansea City away - Saturday 17 August, 17:30 BST, Live on Sky Sports

Chelsea home - Monday 26 August, 20:00 BST, Live on Sky Sports

Liverpool away - Sunday 1 September, 13:30 BST, Live on Sky Sports

Crystal Palace home - Saturday 14 September, 12:45 BST, Live on BT Sport

Manchester City away - Sunday 22 September, 16:00 BST, Live on Sky Sports

Sunderland away - Saturday 5 October, 17:30 BST, Live on Sky Sports

Arsenal home - Sunday 10 November, 16:10 BST, Live on Sky Sports

Cardiff City away - Sunday 24 November, 16:00 BST, Live on Sky Sports*

Tottenham Hotspur away - Saturday 30 November, 12:45 BST, Live on BT Sport**

*The Cardiff match is subject to United’s possible participation in the Champions League the following Tuesday. **If Tottenham qualify for the group stages of the Europa League, this match will move to Sunday 1 December, at 12:00 BST, and will still be live on BT Sport.

Source

Injured Rooney returns home

Manchester United released the following statement regarding an injury to Wayne Rooney:

Following a scan this evening on a hamstring injury sustained in training, it has been decided that Wayne Rooney should return home immediately for further assessment and rehabilitation.

It is anticipated he will be unavailable for selection for a month.

Source

First day after landed in Thailand and sustain injury during first training... so fast? :sweat:

David Moyes’ first game in charge of Manchester United didn’t quite go to plan, as the Reds slipped to a 1-0 defeat against a Singha All Star XI in Bangkok, Thailand.

Singha All Star XI 1 United 0

Moyes hopes for Fab news

David Moyes has confirmed Manchester United are in negotiations to sign midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.

The boss told a press conference in Sydney that the Reds are keen to bring the former Arsenal star to Old Trafford and hopes to have news in the next two days.

When asked if he had received any official contact back from Barcelona, Moyes said: "I couldn’t tell you exactly. I’m in contact with the executive vice chairman [Ed Woodward], who has been dealing with it just now.

"I'll hopefully know a little more in the next day or so. It’s the middle of the night back in England right now so I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going.

"We're trying very hard to make some additions to the squad and hopefully there'll be some good news in the not too distant future."

The manager's press conference from here will be shown in its entirety by MUTV with the first airing at 11am BST followed by repeats throughout the day.

Source

Finally got news from transfer market!

Last edited:
Moyes hopes for Fab news David Moyes has confirmed Manchester United are in negotiations to sign midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona. The boss told a press conference in Sydney that the Reds are keen to bring the former Arsenal star to Old Trafford and hopes to have news in the next two days. When asked if he had received any official contact back from Barcelona, Moyes said: "I couldn’t tell you exactly. I’m in contact with the executive vice chairman [Ed Woodward], who has been dealing with it just now. "I'll hopefully know a little more in the next day or so. It’s the middle of the night back in England right now so I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going. "We're trying very hard to make some additions to the squad and hopefully there'll be some good news in the not too distant future." The manager's press conference from here will be shown in its entirety by MUTV with the first airing at 11am BST followed by repeats throughout the day. Source Finally got news from transfer market!

Yes finally! After so many failed transfer deals.

I hope its not too late to get the players who is available in the transfer market now. Most football clubs' senior CEO and Chairman and managers will report often that their players are not for sale etc etc etc. Unless there are last minutes signings where the price is right for both seller and buyer, its purely business sense considering the amount of transfer money and salaries for them. We have missed and started pretty late in our targets purchases. Its still a guessing game. I believe no players in this world are indispensable. Everyone's got a price. MU Team needs strengthen the squad for its going to be a long long season ahead. Please update us if anyone of you got latest news on MU purchases in the transfer market.

Reds relaunch Fabregas bid

David Moyes has revealed Manchester United have launched a second bid to sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.

Speaking at a press conference in Yokohama, the boss shed some light on the proposed transfer and even hinted that other deals might be in the making, although he did ask for patience as executive vice chairman Ed Woodward continues negotiations on behalf of the club.

“My understanding is that Ed's had a response and he's spoken with them [Barcelona],” Moyes explained on Monday. “I think we made a second offer but Ed is dealing with that rather than me, personally.”

Expanding on the process behind signing top-bracket players, the manager said: “When you're interested in good players you want to give it every opportunity to materialise and I'll do that. I hope things can continue and move forward.”

As the summer transfer window closes on Monday 2 September, clubs have just over a month to conclude any business. And although that date is slowly edging closer, Moyes is urging supporters to remain calm.

“There isn't any real update I can give you, though. I think everybody had thought this could be the summer where transfers would happen later in the month.

"You have to remember I only started the job on 1 July. So, in truth, I've only been in the job for three weeks at this present time.”

Source

Hope we can seal the deal soon! Hmm... this season transfer deadline seems to have extended?

Last edited:
I don't know why they like Fab so much....he was so so only and yet wanted so much of the transfer kitty....with that money....could have bought Kaka....or any other World class player imo :)

Seems like not many player wanna go Man U now....

Hope they can get more reinforcement in the midfield... now... Man U midfield seems pretty weak.....

No chance of that happening.. Well I hope I'm wrong though..

Seems like not many player wanna go Man U now....

Hope they can get more reinforcement in the midfield... now... Man U midfield seems pretty weak.....

This is what i thinking too ... those able to fit into Man Utd playing style doesn't seems to be interested in joining while those interested with due respect... sadly not so suitable ... not only midfield week but defend also need another 1 or 2 to boost the back line.

Barca President claims Fabregas not for sale

Barcelona President Sandro Rosell has apparently written to Manchester United to warn off their pursuit for midfielder Cesc Fabregas after the club made a second bid for the Spanish international. David Moyes saw an initial £25m bid rejected last week but the club have come back with an improved offer of around £30m for Fabregas.

This prompted Rosell, in the middle of appointing a successor to Tito Vilanova who has stepped down due to ill health, to write to United stating that Fabregas was ‘not for sale’.

Fabregas only moved to the Nou Camp in 2011 for around £25m from Arsenal but has struggled to nail down a first team spot at the club. He has appeared 96 times for the Catalans but failed to nudge Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets from the starting XI.

United revealed last week, in the midst of the Wayne Rooney saga, that executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward had returned to England from the club’s pre-season tour of the Far East to conduct ‘urgent transfer business’ which presumably includes the Fabregas ordeal too. It is unknown whether a potential move for Fabregas will have any bearing on Rooney’s future at Old Trafford.

David Moyes seems intent on bringing one big marquee signing to Old Trafford this summer, perhaps to satisfy Rooney, as the club continue to be linked with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale. Defender Guillermo Varela has been the only addition to Moyes’ squad as the new boss saw a bid for Everton left-back Leighton Baines rejected in June.

It looks likely that more frustration will follow for the arguably under-pressure Moyes.

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.