Made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kcuf2 said:
my d50 and the 18-55mm lens are also both made in thailand...d50(written under the camera body) 18-55mm lens(written on the lens body)

As long as its not from c-country,any other country is ok with me

what's c-country?

D70s and D50 are made in Thailand.

Astin said:
If I remember correctly...
Nikon 50mm lens is made in China
Nikon digital camera (nonDSLR) is made in Indonesia
Nikon D70/D200 is made in Thailand
Others are still made in Japan

My 50 f/1.8 says "Made in Japan" but the lens caps say "TAIWAN" :)

Doesn't matter where it's made, just as long as it works. If you are afraid that it will break, there's warranty!

Made in Indonesia should be better. They use formalin :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

... am surprised that this thread is still ongoing:think:

mine (50mm f1.8) is made in china and it is printed on the middle of the body. there is probably no noticeable difference from end-users of a low-failure-rate product, as quality itself is a relative subjective thing, esp on lens. somemore there is much difference between made in china and a chinese brand, it is not as if you are deciding between nikon and haier lens (assuming there are actually a chinese brand of lens).

but personally i will prefer, if there is a choice available, to buy one that is not made in china, even if it is slightly more expensive and still affordable. if everything is made in china, just imagine the economical imbalance over the rest of asia. i prefer the old days where i can find some products made in malaysia, thailand and vietnam, whereas other products are made in their parent country in europe, japan, korea and taiwan. but that's just me, on a reason that is not based on discrimination of product quality just by its country of origin.

what so concern about made in which country? most importantly is the one who capture the picture.......

I am made in singapore :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

vincenthau said:
what so concern about made in which country? most importantly is the one who capture the picture.......

I am made in singapore :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

POST OF THE DAY!!!

the AF 50mm/F1.8 D is made in 东莞, a city in GUANGDONG province of China.

The AF 50mm/F1.8 non-D is made in Japan.

face the facts lah folks...alot of things are made in China now whether you like it or not lor.
Even not totally made in china, I can bet there sure to be 1 small component made in china.

So made in china is there to stay, 跑不了的!

doverblk31 said:
the AF 50mm/F1.8 D is made in 东莞, a city in GUANGDONG province of China.

The AF 50mm/F1.8 non-D is made in Japan.

Not true, there were several iterations of the 50 f1.8 AF (non D). The earliest (circa 1987/88) were made in Japan and had a plastic focus ring. In the early 90s, the design was changed to a rubber ringed version (still made in Japan) - optics were still the same.

Sometime in the mid 90s, manufacture was moved to China along with the 50 f1.4. So the non D 50 f1.8 was made in China for at about 6-7 years before the current D version came along.

Hello!!!! China has already taken over as the world's largest manufacturer... so what if it is made in China? Polo Ralph clothings are also made in china, so is the Timberland, Nike, etc. So are most of the affordable Plasma & LCD TV that are currently in the market. Else you think why now so many ppl can afford 30" and above Plasma or LCD TVs. :rolleyes:

So what if it is made in China? :dunno:

huggable said:
D70s and D50 are made in Thailand.
The charger is made in china. Within half a year, the LED started flickering and then there was once I use it, the LED doesn't light up anymore. I tore it apart and realised that the soldering for the LED was loose, so the charger still works. Since it was already apart, I redid all the soldering and covered it back. I think it should last me quite a while now. ;) Only thing is that it is no longer lead free. I don't know if the original soldering was lead free anyway.

if all MIC products were to blow up, then the world will not see tomorrow.:nono:

coolegg said:
I observe something interesting.

The thread started with a question on how to tell if whether the lens is made in china or not if it's not stated on the lens itself.

And our brothers here all got excited and asked questions like "why so concern about whether it's made in china or not" kind of questions - which are a bit off topic right?

This also implies that, in sub-conscious, people are still concerned about the place of manufacturer. :) If they truly don't care, they won't even bother to talk about it.

BTW, my 50mm f/1.8D is "printed" clearly as "Made in China" at the bottom and it gives great results.
every1 is very concsious about whether or not made in china but its inevitable for every1 coz almost everything is made in china. However, all the more we welcome something thats not made in china. else why would people keep buying Japan made car? coz they have higher resale values.

I believe when hongjone's friend asked him whether his 50/1.8 is made in china or japan, his friend already had the idea in mind "haha I got a made in Japan 50/1.8, lets see who are the unlucky ones who got those made in china"....

Status
Not open for further replies.