Macro Close-Up photography {Newbis} Gatherings

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

i'm the newest newbie. i just gotten my 2nd hand cam super recently. onli noe how to on and off and press shutter LOL!!!!!!!!!!! i onli have the standard lens kit and the 50mm one. can these even be used or not? i've totally no idea. if say not useable then if i join also a bit weird. and i dunno anyone here also. u look at my questions u'll noe that i'm a total noob LOL!

No problem, it good to come and see how macro close-up photography work get some idea :)

hi all,

i'm the newest newbie. i just gotten my 2nd hand cam super recently. onli noe how to on and off and press shutter LOL!!!!!!!!!!! i onli have the standard lens kit and the 50mm one. can these even be used or not? i've totally no idea. if say not useable then if i join also a bit weird. and i dunno anyone here also. u look at my questions u'll noe that i'm a total noob LOL!

Just join in, but read through the manual, read through the newbie guides, and understand how to work with the camera as much as you can.

I'm sure some of us can lend you some close-up filters and the like on that day. :)

Hi thank you for all your support for this coming marco close up Gatherings:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Feeling like a failure? Well, you are not. Just look around you taking a closer look at the number of things you have accomplished just today.

Don't give up keep shooting :thumbsup:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9L3VK7y6hY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9L3VK7y6hY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

IN the Maybe list if you deside to come give me a call.

this my detail

Name: Benjamin
Handphone: 90051484

5 days to the 6 March 2010

*********************Take note:*************************

Saturday, March 6th, 2010 wheather

Saturday Morning Temperature: 30°C
Mostly sunny. Chance of a thunderstorm

Saturday Afternoon Temperature: 37°C
Sunny. Slight chance of a thunderstorm

Meeting point: Woodlands MRT station (Meet at 7.30am)

optional
We can have a little breakfast if we have time :)

Start shooting at 8.30am

1}Poeple who drive park your cars in the North carpark that's along Admiralty Rd West {Free parking}

2}Admiralty Park hot and humid is better to bring
2.1} water bottle
2.2} Cap/Hat
2.3} Towel

2.4} Insect repellent {optional}

Optional: Bring a tripod or monopod

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1} peterpan (Benjamin)
2}JC1808 (Jane) < Newbie >
3} Scoop
4} zzhihuaa
5} lolrence (lawrence)
6} Nutdanai
7} elite77
8} Ros
9} Maximize
10} Yap1985 (Newbie)
11} jimjo (jimmy)
12} biola
13} azieai (newbie! i don't own any macro lens. only have kit lens, hope its okay )
14} David
15} Romey
16} Unice
17} kadeck (riko) --> newbie

Maybe coming

1} mazhenghe
2} harry7painter(harry axel)
3} el loco
4} Supersimon27
5} DrSpock - recently caught the Macro bug but need to get a Macro lens first
6} peztilent
7} fmradio
8) Glenn (Super Newbie here and love macro photography, hope its ok)
9) Shinsengumi999
10) Ethanwind
11) Jay[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
insect repellent don't really need. :)

I need! I need! I need! the Insect repellent....B+ blood group just taste too good for Mosquitos :sweat:

I need! I need! I need! the Insect repellent....B+ blood group just taste too good for Mosquitos :sweat:

We all protect you, we let the mosquitos drink our blood :)

We all will protect each other from mosquitos, if happen someone has a mosquitos on them we all take macro shot of the mosquitos. hahaha joke :)

lol okay, hmm since thats the case, okie then i'll probably come then. since there are no limit to the no. of person going, i'll add my name in the list once i can comfirm.

tks haha! just dont find me too much of a noob will do LOL. oh ya, basic cam operations still okay for me though lol. macro totally no idea at all. probably go there and SEE what u guys do haha!

Hey JC1808, im a B+ blood group too:sweat: Does that mean "time to let mosquitoes feed on us"?

I'm 'O'.... and we're the most prone to being bitten :sweat:
I remembered that when I was in sec 3 field camp... I received 100+ kisses within 3 days. :sweat:

No need, when apply repellent all insects also go hiding then how to shot :nono:

To all newbis and new comer you all are not noob :)

don't worry about criticism here some tip below

How to Handle Criticism

Don’t take it personally. sometimes criticism has very little to do with you and a lot to do with the other person’s own insecurities, anger or unique way of seeing the world. If someone makes a nasty personal attack on you, there is a good chance that it is actually them that has the problem. At the other end of the spectrum, if someone criticizes you in a constructive manner don’t let your own pride get in the way of hearing what they have to say.

Learn. Sometimes there is good reason for people to be critical of what we say or do. So if you are criticized for whatever reason, try to be open-minded about it. Perhaps even welcome it by expressing gratitude to your critic. It may not be nice to hear criticism, but such feedback is often a part of the learning process and can provide us with valuable insights into how we can improve and grow as a person

don’t change the way you act or the things you say simply to avoid criticism. Remember, criticism is usually inevitable. And it may just be an indication that you have taken a risk and chosen to tackle something which is a challenge to you.

this outing is going to be fun because after shooting, we have a discussion what we done and what we take. :):thumbsup:

To all newbis and new comer you all are not noob :)

don't worry about criticism here some tip below

How to Handle Criticism

Don’t take it personally. sometimes criticism has very little to do with you and a lot to do with the other person’s own insecurities, anger or unique way of seeing the world. If someone makes a nasty personal attack on you, there is a good chance that it is actually them that has the problem. At the other end of the spectrum, if someone criticizes you in a constructive manner don’t let your own pride get in the way of hearing what they have to say.

Learn. Sometimes there is good reason for people to be critical of what we say or do. So if you are criticized for whatever reason, try to be open-minded about it. Perhaps even welcome it by expressing gratitude to your critic. It may not be nice to hear criticism, but such feedback is often a part of the learning process and can provide us with valuable insights into how we can improve and grow as a person

don’t change the way you act or the things you say simply to avoid criticism. Remember, criticism is usually inevitable. And it may just be an indication that you have taken a risk and chosen to tackle something which is a challenge to you.

this outing is going to be fun because after shooting, we have a discussion what we done and what we take. :):thumbsup:

I agree with you.Well said.:) Too bad i have to work this sat. You guys have fun.

Hi Peterpan, I confirm to go. Could you pls move my name (Ethanwind) to the first list. Thanks :)
Very eager to to have fun with you guys there ;p

Hey JC1808, im a B+ blood group too:sweat: Does that mean "time to let mosquitoes feed on us"?

hehe~ I am not sure if you are the same like me body heat is high, so easy to get "kiss" by mosquitos.

I'm 'O'.... and we're the most prone to being bitten
I remembered that when I was in sec 3 field camp... I received 100+ kisses within 3 days. :sweat:

:think: hmmm..... "O"...I heard from my friends too, another blood group fav. by mosquitos....

No need, when apply repellent all insects also go hiding then how to shot :nono:

Uncle James....must...lah....no repellent...cannot "tong" for shooting...because hands will be busy scratching here and there instead of pressing the shutter button....can spray the insect repellent at home first then go out, not spray on the spot.... if dont spray insect repellent, spray perfume can or not? :bsmilie: (joking, joking)

hehe~ I am not sure if you are the same like me body heat is high, so easy to get "kiss" by mosquitos.

:think: hmmm..... "O"...I heard from my friends too, another blood group fav. by mosquitos....

Uncle James....must...lah....no repellent...cannot "tong" for shooting...because hands will be busy scratching here and there instead of pressing the shutter button....can spray the insect repellent at home first then go out, not spray on the spot.... if dont spray insect repellent, spray perfume can or not? :bsmilie: (joking, joking)

I think you can try rubbing some soap over your hands and neck. I know that applying soap (alkaline) after getting mosquito bites helps prevent itchiness, but I think it would work as a mosquito deterrent too..

I think you can try rubbing some soap over your hands and neck. I know that applying soap (alkaline) after getting mosquito bites helps prevent itchiness, but I think it would work as a mosquito deterrent too..

Buahaha!! Good idea!

Hi thank you for all your support for this coming marco close up Gatherings:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Feeling like a failure? Well, you are not. Just look around you taking a closer look at the number of things you have accomplished just today.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9L3VK7y6hY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9L3VK7y6hY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

this my detail

5 days to the 6 March 2010

optional

Start shooting at 8.30am

1}Poeple who drive park your cars in the North carpark that's along Admiralty Rd West {Free parking}

2.1} water bottle
2.2} Cap/Hat
2.3} Towel

After the marco close up Gathering, We will head to woodland McDonald's, and have lunch and discuss about what we done
and share idea

1} peterpan (Benjamin)
3} Scoop
4} zzhihuaa
5} lolrence (lawrence)
6} Nutdanai
7} elite77
8} Ros
9} Maximize
10} Yap1985 (Newbie)
11} jimjo (jimmy)
12} biola
13} azieai (newbie! i don't own any macro lens. only have kit lens, hope its okay )
14} David
15} Romey
16} Unice
18} Ethanwind
19} Boyet

Maybe coming

1} mazhenghe
3} el loco
4} Supersimon27
6} peztilent
7} fmradio
9) Shinsengumi999
10) Jay[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
For those who will be there for 1st time and driving and intend to park free at the North car park of AP, do take note the North car park is at the extreme end of the park as compare to the South or West entrance/car park(parking charges).

for most of us who walk from Woodland MRT, we will reach the south entrance within 15 min.

It would take a while for both these groups to walk and meet up in the middle of AP.

Last edited:
I have discussed the gathering meeting point with Peterpan. To make things simple for our 1st macro gathering... so that no one get lost on that day...otherwise park ranger James and newbie organiser Peterpan will be very busy.:bsmilie::sweat:

As per the AP map in the link below --
http://www.navalbasesec.moe.edu.sg/wbn/slot/u1429/Admiralty Park map.JPG

For those taking train, we meet at Woodland MRT station before we walk over to AP via the South Entrance. As we walk in, we will meet up with the group at the West entrance car park near the Sakura restuarant/pond area.

For those driving, we suggest to park at the West entrance car park just above the Sakura restuarant/pond area. There will be parking charges at this car park. This car park is nearest to the South entrance. All of us will be meeting around this card park before we proceed to the park for shooting.

For those who want free parking. The North entrance car park is the one but it is not easy to locate. However, it will take quite a while to walk from North to West/South entrance. If you park there, you have to be early and then proceed to walk towards the West entrance on your own.

So in all, we will ALL meet at one common place and proceed as one group. The place will be the West entrance car park where the prominent location is the Sakura resturant and pond.

If still not sure, just ask again.

Peterpan, please paste this to your 1st post.

Can I join the maybe coming list? ( scare I cant wake up :D )

Newbie :)

Last edited:

this my detail

3 days to the 6 March 2010

optional

Start shooting at 8.30am

I have discussed the gathering meeting point with Peterpan. To make things simple for our 1st macro gathering... so that no one get lost on that day...otherwise park ranger James and newbie organiser Peterpan will be very busy.

As per the AP map in the link below --
http://www.navalbasesec.moe.edu.sg/w...Park map.JPG

For those taking train, we meet at Woodland MRT station before we walk over to AP via the South Entrance. As we walk in, we will meet up with the group at the West entrance car park near the Sakura restuarant/pond area.

For those driving, we suggest to park at the West entrance car park just above the Sakura restuarant/pond area. There will be parking charges at this car park. This car park is nearest to the South entrance. All of us will be meeting around this card park before we proceed to the park for shooting.

For those who want free parking. The North entrance car park is the one but it is not easy to locate. However, it will take quite a while to walk from North to West/South entrance. If you park there, you have to be early and then proceed to walk towards the West entrance on your own.

So in all, we will ALL meet at one common place and proceed as one group. The place will be the West entrance car park where the prominent location is the Sakura resturant and pond.

If still not sure, just ask again.

2.1} water bottle
2.2} Cap/Hat
2.3} Towel

After the marco close up Gathering, We will head to woodland McDonald's, and have lunch and discuss about what we done
and share idea

1} peterpan (Benjamin)
3} Scoop
4} zzhihuaa
5} lolrence (lawrence)
6} Nutdanai
7} elite77
8} Ros
9} Maximize
10} Yap1985 (Newbie)
11} jimjo (jimmy)
12} biola
14} David
15} Romey
16} Unice
18} Ethanwind
19} Boyet

Maybe coming

1} mazhenghe
3} el loco
4} Supersimon27
6} peztilent
7} fmradio
9) Shinsengumi999
10) Jay[/QUOTE]
11} SniperTerminator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.