Lynn - reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
err... wat u mean by last shoot? she leaving?

btw as per discussion yesterday, u think outdoor or indoor studio shoot better? from virgo's pics & comments, i think she would look great in bikini or beach wear shoots. and we definitely need a sunny day...

btw nice pics there, but find that in this pic, her legs isn't as flattering as real life... (yet to even view my pics yet... so dunno what did i shoot)

The shot is very nicely titled . . . but i feel that the effect of the red flower is lost. Cannot see the flower at all as it blends into the background (red door). In fact it took me a second and third look before i realised that there was a flower there. The geen stock standing out causes a little distraction and the right hand posture holding the door and the flower feels a little akward.

Lastly also the "big" door handle that is peeking out from behind her head. Could have done better to have Lynn shift over a little to cover the handle.

Just my comments. Overall, still a good shot that brings out the good contract of very basic colours (red, black and blue). Good effort.

Simon, did you take this picture with the camera at the level of her head +/-?

This might explain the distortion causing her to look shorter than her actual self.

Tks guys for your comment.

To Student: Yup....too quick to execute the shot..forgot to lower myself....Student..your 'student' is a very slow and forgetful learner....haha (especially in front of a very attractive lady)

To TLB: Regarding the horn sticking out of her head....can be PS away..no worries...

and the picture minus the flower would be better....but overall for this photo I like her slight "drugged" and "vulnerable" look.....may be replace the flower with a beer bottle? :sticktong

Thanks Andygohf..if there's sufficient interest....I'll arrange one more for Lynn....may be 19 Feb?....the week after Chinese New Year....

PM me if you are interested or wish to propose an alternate day.

Petf69 said:
Thanks Andygohf..if there's sufficient interest....I'll arrange one more for Lynn....may be 19 Feb?....the week after Chinese New Year....

PM me if you are interested or wish to propose an alternate day.
PM'ed u
thanks in advance

Yo bro. Here I come!

It would have been better without the flower. I'd go with Long Thai Bean for this.

When I took this similar shot, I was in search of an angle for her head/body to cover the handle, so that I don't have to do PS after that. ;p

As for the angle, r u using a wide angle on Lynn? If you do, that'll explain why she looked shorter than normal.

Exposure is spot on.

Thanx for sharing, but only 1 pic? :sweat:

Virgo said:
As for the angle, r u using a wide angle on Lynn? If you do, that'll explain why she looked shorter than normal.

Well, yes and no.

The distorting effects of wide angle lenses is more a distortion of near-far perspective. So the foreground appears larger and the background recedes. For portraits, a close face shot would make the nose and lips bigger than it should be. However, in a relatively "flat scene" like this with no distant objects in the image, the near-far distortion is minimal.

The key to a "distortion-free" image like this full body shot is to aim the camera at the belly, whether you use a wide angle (excepting the fish-eye which are naturally distorting) or a normal or a tele lens. So down you go on your knees before the goddesses! Of course using wide angle lenses and aiming downwards will make things worse because the downward aim creates a near-far persepctive which will be accentuated by a wide angle lens.

Of course if you want her to look even taller, you can go even lower and aim upwards.

student said:
Well, yes and no.

The distorting effects of wide angle lenses is more a distortion of near-far perspective. So the foreground appears larger and the background recedes. For portraits, a close face shot would make the nose and lips bigger than it should be. However, in a relatively "flat scene" like this with no distant objects in the image, the near-far distortion is minimal.

The key to a "distortion-free" image like this full body shot is to aim the camera at the belly, whether you use a wide angle (excepting the fish-eye which are naturally distorting) or a normal or a tele lens. So down you go on your knees before the goddesses! Of course using wide angle lenses and aiming downwards will make things worse because the downward aim creates a near-far persepctive which will be accentuated by a wide angle lens.

Of course if you want her to look even taller, you can go even lower and aim upwards.
Yep, exactly. Thanx for sharing. I was thinking if Petf69 could have used a wide angle in this case. Come to think of it, he may not be kneeling down in front of her Goddess! :bsmilie:

tks Virgo for your comments.

I think you are really good at posing models. :thumbsup:

Got a lot to learn from you bro.

Petf69 said:
tks Virgo for your comments.

I think you are really good at posing models. :thumbsup:

Got a lot to learn from you bro.
No lah bro. I'm still learning too. As compared to the pros, I'm still far. The fact that you made this thread a compliment to mind is really flattering. I cannot accept this. :sweat:

Student, thanks for reminding me again.

Will remember this for Claire's shoot.... ;)

ok...some CSer has expressed interest to Shoot Lynn....PM me if you want to make it happen.....either 3rd or 4th week of Feb

Tks Andy.

Shoot date tentatively on 27 Feb 05.
Any other interest? This shoot would be more exclusive. Only 3 to 5 photogs. Cost will vary with the number of photogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.