LX5: Problem with iMovie Video Post processing

cam123

Dec 21, 2008
Just bought a LX5 3 days ago and been trying HD video and am very impressed with the quality as compare to my HV30 setup.

Have no problem using Pana bundled software to convert to MPEG movie in PC. However, when I tried to import the .MTS with Mac iMovie8 from the SD card, the software prompted an error at the end, and no file was saved to the iMovie folder. Anyone having issue?

Thanks.

import works ok with iMovie9 but not iMovie8. Problem solved ---> to upgrade to iMovie9.

when i try to import the mts to imovie 09, the file is visible but cant be clicked.

when i try to import the mts to imovie 09, the file is visible but cant be clicked.

Have you run your software updates and updated your iMovie to the latest version? AVCHD format is supported by Mac on the latest version of iMovie 09 as of now.

its updated because its not listed in software update. the version is 8.0.6 (821) btw.

its updated because its not listed in software update. the version is 8.0.6 (821) btw.

Shouldn't have an issue with importing. Can you do a apple shift 4 and show us?

printscreen? what will i show you? when importing?? hehe

printscreen? what will i show you? when importing?? hehe

We'd need to see the file that you're unable to click during importing into iMovie actually. Can you open the file to watch it?

screenshot20100929at548.png

these are the files...

yes, i can open the file and watch. :D

screenshot20100929at548.png

these are the files...

yes, i can open the file and watch. :D

Are the files already copied into your HDD, or still in the SD card/camera? Try importing directly from the camera and see if it works.

tried in HDD and SD... i also tried to "import from camera" but it only has built-in isight...

tried in HDD and SD... i also tried to "import from camera" but it only has built-in isight...

Try clicking archive all at the bottom of the import window, can?

Yes! archive works... Thanks. :D

Hi,

my imovies cant seems to be able to detect the lx5. i click on import from camera, the window opens to show import from i-sight instead. What should i do???

Last edited:
errrm. please read the post above. i just had that problem and zan82 answered it...