LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

LX5.jpg

=) my new toy

wow... looking good. whats the damage total?? evf??

Lucky enough to win the EVF from the online contest :p yep

Any idea whr else haf the stock??

4j514y.jpg

Hi, I'm a new user here but I have been following this thread for a while now. Managed to get the LX5 in HK for HKD$3680(i think). No warranty though............

For those looking for stock, here's an update
H/N islandwide out of stock
Shops normally patronized all out (mscolor, cathay, alan, John 3:16, tk, orient)
MaxPhoto has stock, but the salesperson is honestly telling me that boss is jacking up the price to $750. He keeps apologising and asking if I can wait instead. Nice salesfella, horrible boss.

All shops have varying restock timings, most citing end of October/Early November as apparently our local distro is uncertain themselves.

Alan told me now all 750.....next batch 680.
Song told me 750 got stock. I told them 680 or i wait for stock. He sold me 680 with 8GB and case but buy at your own risk, we know how 'famous' they can be

Shops normally patronized all out (mscolor, cathay, alan, John 3:16, tk, orient)
MaxPhoto has stock, but the salesperson is honestly telling me that boss is jacking up the price to $750. He keeps apologising and asking if I can wait instead. Nice salesfella, horrible boss.

All shops have varying restock timings, most citing end of October/Early November as apparently our local distro is uncertain themselves.

Wow!! LX5 selling out like hotcakes!
I can help check with my friend who can find stock, but range is ard $710/-
Let me know if you guys need me to help ask, i can try to help secure it over the weekend if needed.

Hi guys,
when u first see the lx5 camera box in the shop, is there a seal on it? mine doesn't seem to have a seal when the salesman took out from the back.

agree with cyquek if you're willing to pay high >$699... everywhere probably got stock -- they chop chop when they can. It is up to you to walk away and not spoil the market.

If you check amazon prices, malaysian prices... etc the lx5 can be bought for S$580 - S$680, but buyers beware of "warranty/export model/display model/electric charger different" issues...

Thks to all who gave their experiences here! May you find a good bargain!

Don't understand these shop's rationale.. For that 50 more bucks they'd happily offend customers with such a double standard.. Unlike mscolor and cathay, staying true to prices until it goes out..

Price discrimination is not an "exception" but a general standard operating procedure(SOP) for all shops. In an ideal situation, the shops want you to quote a price "you can accept" and then they will see whether they can sell you at that price -- that is why most online shops have a "wish list" for you to quote your price. So the shop's tactic is to tell you "no stock" (hint: plse place your order -- we can negotiate on the price...etc).

Use your brains, forumers here say $680 for "standard package", the price they bought -- it is a very doable price(most buyer happy, seller happy) at other prices -- somebody becomes not happy???

Information is power and all good things come to those who have patience!

Good luck!

I got mine @$695 from Max. But must paid cash. :) so far so good. Can check why the sale man take portion of the warrenty card? So they send for us?

Thanks

Don't understand these shop's rationale.. For that 50 more bucks they'd happily offend customers with such a double standard.. Unlike mscolor and cathay, staying true to prices until it goes out..

I understand it perfectly. They know they are not photographers' first choice shops, and can never match their volumes or reputation. So the only way they can make money is to levy a higher price to the ignorant... and the desparate, as in this case. They don't really serve the same market as the MS Color, Cathay, etc. Even if they charge you 680 now, they will still not be your first choice in your next purchase - right? That is the economics of perfect/imperfect market information, and demand vs supply.

Last edited:
I got mine @$695 from Max. But must paid cash. :) so far so good. Can check why the sale man take portion of the warrenty card? So they send for us?

Thanks

they claim panasonic wants it back....so we will not see....warranty unfilled in B&S! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

has anyone got those Ricoh styled lens caps?

Price discrimination is not an "exception" but a general standard operating procedure(SOP) for all shops. In an ideal situation, the shops want you to quote a price "you can accept" and then they will see whether they can sell you at that price -- that is why most online shops have a "wish list" for you to quote your price. So the shop's tactic is to tell you "no stock" (hint: plse place your order -- we can negotiate on the price...etc).

Use your brains, forumers here say $680 for "standard package", the price they bought -- it is a very doable price(most buyer happy, seller happy) at other prices -- somebody becomes not happy???

Information is power and all good things come to those who have patience!

Good luck!

I don't need an economics lesson... if I needed a lecture on economics I'd probably pay a desperate undergrad to get a better lesson... You totally missed my point

I understand it perfectly. They know they are not photographers' first choice shops, and can never match their volumes or reputation. So the only way they can make money is to levy a higher price to the ignorant... and the desparate, as in this case. They don't really serve the same market as the MC Color, Cathay, etc. Even if they charge you 680 now, they will still not be your first choice in your next purchase - right? That is the economics of perfect/imperfect market information, and demand vs supply.

I guess you're right there, they simply do not want customer's good faith... lol... live for today, and hope another fish wanders into the net tomorrow...

I got a Ricoh LC-2 yesterday lunch time at Alan Photo in Sim Lim Square at S$25. It was one of 2 that I saw sitting on their shelf. I did not ask if they had more in stock.

has anyone got those Ricoh styled lens caps?

I got a Ricoh LC-2 yesterday lunch time at Alan Photo in Sim Lim Square at S$25. It was one of 2 that I saw sitting on their shelf. I did not ask if they had more in stock.

Saw one sitting there today...

Managed to get an LX5 from them for $700 ^^