[longko] A Macro Passion a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie: :thumbsup: Simply love that last pic.
BTW, met the butterfly guru, Richard, the other day at TPTP.

Thanks:) I'd yet to have the honor to meet him yet.:bsmilie:

Not really a macro, but it's an interesting encounter for me.

Went to Sentosa Siloso Beach with my gf on the Friday the 13th:bsmilie: We were sitting by the bench and enjoying the sea breeze under some coconut trees. Suddenly we heard a thump sound, and thought a cocnut or branch dropped onto the floor. To our amazed, it was a snake.:bigeyes: It was about 2m away from us.

As soon as it reached the floor, it looked left & right as if it just woke up from a sleep. Then it just quickly crawl back to the same coconut tree as it it was no big deal. (I wonder how often it dropped from tree:bsmilie:)

Here's a shot of the snake:sweat: (It does rain snake)

imgp0943fs6.jpg

13 Jul 2007

so cool! wat aperture u using for those pics?

Goodness me. Some more on a Fri the 13th. Luckily din drop on you bro. :bsmilie:

Yalor. If I kenna my gf will faint b4 me:bsmilie:

so cool! wat aperture u using for those pics?

Thanks.:) If you are refering to the macros, I tend to use f13-16. Butterflies I prefer it at f8 so I get better bokehs.;)

Haven't taken a fern shot for over 1/2 a year:sweat: So gave it a try today at SBG:bsmilie:

imgp0981copyjk8.jpg

15 Jul 2007

Not really a macro, but it's an interesting encounter for me.

Went to Sentosa Siloso Beach with my gf on the Friday the 13th:bsmilie: We were sitting by the bench and enjoying the sea breeze under some coconut trees. Suddenly we heard a thump sound, and thought a cocnut or branch dropped onto the floor. To our amazed, it was a snake.:bigeyes: It was about 2m away from us.

As soon as it reached the floor, it looked left & right as if it just woke up from a sleep. Then it just quickly crawl back to the same coconut tree as it it was no big deal. (I wonder how often it dropped from tree:bsmilie:)

Here's a shot of the snake:sweat: (It does rain snake)

imgp0943fs6.jpg

13 Jul 2007

Nice shot. This is a Paradise Tree Snake (Chrysopelea paradisii). It is also called Flying Snake and can glide from tree to tree. They do drop from trees now and then. I once had one that landed on my head! This is a mildly-venomous species, which means its venom is not considered harmful to humans. Furthermore, this snake is reluctant to bite unless provoked.

http://singaporesnakes.blogspot.com/

Nice shot. This is a Paradise Tree Snake (Chrysopelea paradisii). It is also called Flying Snake and can glide from tree to tree. They do drop from trees now and then. I once had one that landed on my head! This is a mildly-venomous species, which means its venom is not considered harmful to humans. Furthermore, this snake is reluctant to bite unless provoked.

http://singaporesnakes.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the id:)

Went to try something new today. It seems like I can reduce the reflected flash on those glossy leaves.;)

Took an interesting shot of a butterfly covering it's head. I call it "AH! You found me!"

31 Jul 2007
imgp4480copyyc0.jpg

Lost a sum of money in the stocks, so went out to take photos. After so many visit to TPTP, I finally found the Green Baron I was looking for.:bsmilie:

IMGP4519copy.jpg

02 Aug 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.