LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone. (30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mickey mouse owen cannot la. he will never be welcomed back at Anfield, i belif.

besides he's not as fast as he once was n we've torres n ngog and occasionally dirty kite plays as a striker.

rubbish king? he can collect all our trash. :bsmilie:

i dont think many or any will welcome owen back into the fold.

fans and players alike. :bsmilie:

£5 million Owen on the way to Stamford Bridge?​

By Soccernet staff

November 7, 2008

Michael Owen will be moving to Chelsea in January, if reports across the British media are to be believed.

The 28-year-old Newcastle striker will move to West London for £5million, as Chelsea look to bring in some cut-price cover up front. Their number-one target, Sevilla's Luis Fabiano, is thought too expensive, at a prohibitive £25million - a sign that the credit crunch is biting even the deepest of pockets.

With Owen's contract set to run out next summer, the Stamford Bridge outfit hope they will be able to land their target on the cheap, although whether they will be keen to match his reported £120,000-a-week salary is another question.

And Chelsea might face competition from North London rivals Spurs, also thought to be interested in Owen, who consider the Newcastle man a cheaper alternative to another of their reported targets, White Hart Lane old boy Jermain Defoe.

LIVERPOOL NEWS

Benitez to be rewarded with new Pool contract​

By Soccernet staff

November 7, 2008

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is on the verge of signing a new contract with the Premier League club and joked he would even be pleased to pen a "20-year contract".

Rafael Benitez: Set to sign on dotted line

The Spaniard is to be rewarded for the club's fine start to the season and will meet with owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks in the next week to begin discussions.

In the past there has been speculation over his future due to the frosty triangle between Benitez, Gillett and Hicks but that now appears to be over as the parties are ready to thrash out a new deal.

With Liverpool only behind Chelsea in the table on goal difference and on the verge of booking a place in the knockout rounds of the Champions League the Reds are well set for an assault on all fronts this term. Benitez current deal is due to expire at the end of next season and the club's progress has led Gillett and Hicks to come to the table.

"I received a phone call from Tom Hicks on behalf of George Gillett also. They are talking about a meeting with my advisors [about] a contract extension. This is very positive news,'' he told the club's website.

"We decided to meet in the next week and now my advisors are in contact with them. We haven't spoken about the length of the contract but we talked and we all want to find a solution as soon as possible.

"For me it's easy. I want to stay here - I am where I want to be. It's very simple. My family and I know how good the fans have been with us. The club is going forward and we have the new stadium project. There are a lot of positive things.

"I want to stay here for a long time. Clearly I would like to be here when the new stadium opens. The other day I was joking that if they offered me a 20-year contract I'd be really pleased.

"The team is in a very good position, so if I do not have to talk about my contract from now on it will be perfect. "The last two or three press conferences I have been asked and asked, so the stability is really important.

"The owners know we are doing well. The atmosphere is really good, we are at the top of the league and our Champions League group. The team is playing well.''

Gillett and Hicks are known to be delighted with the team's form so far this term and a statement on behalf of the pair said: "Rafa continues to do a great job, we are really pleased with the progress of the team and we look forward to talking to him and his advisors about extending his contract.''

REDS STARS QUEUE TO MEET MARADONA​

Posted 07/11/08 14:38

New Argentina boss Diego Maradona held "helpful and positive" talks today with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and his captain-elect Javier Mascherano.

Maradona travelled down the M62 from his meetings at Manchester United's training ground earlier in the day to bring Liverpool's Melwood HQ to a standstill.

Liverpool's star-struck players queued outside Benitez's office to have their pictures taken with one of the world's greatest players and even members of Jamie Carragher's family arrived to get in on the act.

Benitez said: "I was having a discussion with Maradona in my office, but it was very difficult. There was a constant stream of our biggest players wanting to meet him. Probably our two most famous were first in the queue."

Steven Gerrard, Carragher and Robbie Keane headed the line of players wanting to meet the 1986 World Cup winner.

Benitez said: "Maradona was great, he was very patient with all the requests. Even some of Carragher's family turned up.

"Xabi Alonso also wanted to meet him, his father had played alongside Maradona at Barcelona.

"We also had lots of the youngsters here who were just speechless and wanted to meet him."

Maradona spent almost two hours at the training ground, and held talks with Mascherano regarding the possibility of him taking over as captain of Argentina.

Mascherano was the last player to leave the training ground, but refused to discuss details of his meeting with Argentina's new coach.

Benitez said: "We talked about what Maradona wants from us and from Javier. The talks were positive, it was helpful to know what he was thinking.

"I did not discuss Javier becoming captain. But he has all the right credentials if he wants to do the job. He would make a great captain."

d.maradona is my hero!!! :cool:

LUCAS THE LATEST LIVERPOOL PLAYER TO BE BURGLED

Posted 07/11/08 08:43

Lucas Leiva has reportedly become the eighth Liverpool player to be burgled while playing for the club in the last two years.

According to The Independent, the midfielder arrived home after Tuesday's match with Atletico Madrid to discover that the Olympic bronze medal he won in Beijing this summer had been stolen, along with Brazil and Liverpool shirts.

"Taken from the address was an amount of jewellery and some very distinctive football and sports memorabilia. These items have significant personal importance to Mr Leiva and they were associated with some very cherished memories" confirmed . Acting Detective Chief Inspector Peter Parry of Merseyside police.

The Brazilian youngster is just the latest in a long line of Liverpool players to suffer such an opportunistic crime.

Since 2006, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Robbie Keane, Pepe Reina, Daniel Agger, Peter Crouch and Jerzy Dudek have all been burgled while on playing duty.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 23pts
2). zhapchit 21pts
3). boresome 18pts
4). domdomino 15pts
5). blazer workz 11pts
6). jfoo 9pts
7). cheesecake 9pts
8). canew 8pts
9). Taurean 7pts
10). kelccm 7pts
11). airfins 7pts
12). roDz 5pts
13). mario_Pittas 3pts!
14). goondu 1pt
15). dfstan 1pt
16). Parchiao 1pt --> new entry!!

big winner for LFC vs. Atl. Mad is Blazer_work with 2 pts for 2 correct guess!!

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB v. WBA

Anfield!!

08 Nov, 2008

1). 5-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! (TORRES! Stevie G!) CC - wangbadan, hiong liao ah!!!
2). 5-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! (KEANE, KEANE) blazer_workz
3). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! (KUYT, KUYT) zhapchit
4). 4-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! ( Torres, Kyut, Gerard) domdomino
5). 4-1 LIVERPOOL WIN!! (Gerrard, Keane) kelccm
6). 3-0 Liverpool Win!!! (Kuyt, Keane) roDz
7). 4-0 Liverpool wins! (1st.: D. Kuyt, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew.
8). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! (Keane, Torres) jfoo
9). 3-1 LIVERPOOL WIN (Keane, Kuyt) boresome

*BUANG BUANG BUANG!! *

Gooners vs. ManCircle Utd!!

Sat, 8/11/08!!

1). 1-1 DRAW!(Walcott) CC
2). 2-1 ARSENAL WIN!!! (ADERBAYO, ADERBAYO) blazer_workz
3). 1-0 Arsenal win (vidic o.g.) zhapchit
4) 2-1 Mancircle win ( Christina Regina , Looney Tunes ) domdomino
5). 1-0 Arsenal win (Walcott) kelccm
6). 1-0 arse win (vds og) roDz
7). 0-0 draw. Canew
8). 2-2 Draw (adebayor x 2/travez & rooney) jfoo
9). 2-2 Draw (Adebayor/C.Ronaldo) boresome

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 23pts
2). zhapchit 21pts
3). boresome 18pts
4). domdomino 15pts
5). blazer workz 11pts
6). jfoo 9pts
7). cheesecake 9pts
8). canew 8pts
9). Taurean 7pts
10). kelccm 7pts
11). airfins 7pts
12). roDz 5pts
13). mario_Pittas 3pts!
14). goondu 1pt
15). dfstan 1pt

Anfield!!

08 Nov, 2008

10). 4-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! ( Torres, Gerard) airfins

*BUANG BUANG BUANG!! *

Sat, 8/11/08!!

7). 0-0 draw. Canew
10) 2-1 Mancircle win ( Christina Regina , Traves ) airfins

League Table

1). grumpy 23pts
2). zhapchit 21pts
3). boresome 18pts
4). domdomino 15pts
5). blazer workz 11pts
6). jfoo 9pts
7). cheesecake 9pts
8). canew 8pts
9). Taurean 7pts
10). kelccm 7pts
11). airfins 7pts
12). roDz 5pts
13). mario_Pittas 3pts!
14). goondu 1pt
15). dfstan 1pt

Anfield!!

08 Nov, 2008

10). 4-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! ( Torres, Gerard) airfins
11). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! (Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt) Taurean

*BUANG BUANG BUANG!! *

Sat, 8/11/08!!

7). 0-0 draw. Canew
10) 2-1 Mancircle win ( Christina Regina , Traves ) airfins
11) 2-1 Arsenal Wins (Aderbayo, Walcott, Sissy for Manure) Taurean

with such motivated result, i sure lpool will do well later. They must be laughing now. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.