LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - *62* - looking ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong feeling that we will all be in shock when the new manager is announced.....he may not be the bookmaker's favourite too :think:

Even though i want him out, KD will always be a LEGEND as a player or manager..:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
sad..
altho base on results, probably the correct decision.
the downside is that the these owners can come across to be trigger happy, instead of having more faith in the person they appointed.
not something u'd associate with liverpool .

dun think martinez is the guy to bring 19 back.
the results at wigan for the past few yrs speak for themselves.
so, yet another 2nd coming, this time of the rafatollah?

last thing, much tks to the king for sorting out the mess rh inflicted..
only a person who knows how the club is like could have done that.

Liverpool move for Wigan's Roberto Martinez as Kenny Dalglish is axed

Liverpool have reportedly made an approach for Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez after parting company with boss Kenny Dalglish.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Rafa Benitez 'to return to Liverpool'

RAFA Benitez could make a sensational return to Liverpool.

The former Liverpool boss has been installed as bookies favourite to succeed Kenny Dalglish.

King Kenny was sacked today - after almost 18 months.

Wigan's Roberto Martinez their 5/2 second favourite. Everton boss David Moyes is a 40/1 chance to switch Mersey-sides, with current player Jamie Carragher a 50/1 shot to replace departing Dalglish.

William Hill Next Liverpool Manager

2/1 Rafael Benitez
5/2 Roberto Martinez
9/2 Frank Rijkaard
8/1 Steve Clarke
10/1 Paul Lambert
11/1 Brendan Rogers
12/1 Fabio Capello
14/1 Andre Villas-Boas
16/1 Martin O’Neill
16/1 Jose Mourinho
16/1 Carlo Ancelotti
20/1 Didier Deschamps
20/1 Marcelo Lippi
20/1 Jurgen Klinsmann
25/1 Guus Hiddink
25/1 Martin Jol
25/1 Gus Poyet
25/1 Pep Guardiola
25/1 Claudio Ranieri
25/1 Lauren Blanc
25/1 Louis van Gaal
33/1 joachim Low
40/1 Owen Coyle
40/1 Sven Goran Eriksson
40/1 David Moyes
50/1 Jamie Carragher
150/1 Steven Gerrard

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

my top 3 contenders to replace king kenny are:

1. Rafa
2. AVB
3. Capello

cos all 3 above have premier league experiences n are jobless...

Cannot lah bro...new manager must start fresh...not when the season already halfway...he will sign some players of his choice...

47 times REDs hit the woodwork... i cant remember any team since 1st division as unlucky as REDs...

juz pure rotten bad luck that cos kenny sacking!!

but i believe everything happens for a reason...

raf999 is out of the equation.

highly likely andre villa boas or roberto martinez.

How you know? You keep John Henry gstrings?:bsmilie:

I also feel its Martinez but i have doubt about his ability to bring LFC forward...i think he will be just like Hodgson...big fish in small pond...:think:

puhleeeezz... no martinez!!! i dun think he can turn REDs fortune around... avb a little wet behind his ears on premiership..

If Martinez, then got to standby to be placed just below Swansea liao....Frankly, if ever he is appointed, I wonder what is it in him that is so good that will make the owners "buy"...I really cannot see any at this point.

There may be a chance of the owners speaking to Klinsmann also since he is in US too and unemployed....just a wild guess

47 times REDs hit the woodwork... i cant remember any team since 1st division as unlucky as REDs...

juz pure rotten bad luck that cos kenny sacking!!

but i believe everything happens for a reason...

Hitting woodwork is as good as a miss bro...:bsmilie: poor finishing...

How you know? You keep John Henry gstrings?:bsmilie:

I also feel its Martinez but i have doubt about his ability to bring LFC forward...i think he will be just like Hodgson...big fish in small pond...:think:

this i admit we think alike...

If Martinez, then got to standby to be placed just below Swansea liao....Frankly, if ever he is appointed, I wonder what is it in him that is so good that will make the owners "buy"...I really cannot see any at this point.

There may be a chance of the owners speaking to Klinsmann also since he is in US too and unemployed....just a wild guess

Wait he bring his wigan players to liverpool. Buang liao. haha

Never count out any possibilities !!! hahaha.

bo la. got news saying that the American owners will not want to hire raf999 as they have had enough with the 'sentimental choice' once again.

besides raf999 loves a good challenge... against the club owners.

hopefully he won't come back. but i mux admit there's a chance it will be him if he send in his CV.

mux monitor bro rodz. he is raf999 in disguise!

KD:

"Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward in the same way as when they arrived here.

"I would like to thank all of the staff at the Club for their effort and loyalty. I said when first approached about coming back as Manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same.

"Finally, I want to put on record my heartfelt gratitude to Liverpool's fans, who have always given me and the Club their unwavering support. Without them neither the Club nor I would have achieved anything."

Ok bro CC...bonus points for the guess3x...10points...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.